• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Pokémon Matching Past Trainers

octoboy

I Crush Everything
^ I swear that Surge has actually seen a munna (being the Lightning American, he'd likely be from the continent they live on), and that girl met him and heard him describe it to her once, so that's why she knows about it. Why Oak would apparently have heard nothing about this, and never thought to ask this foreigner of what exotic pokémon lived overseas is anyone's guess, though. Unless he does know, and just refuses to say anything about it to your character, I guess. Maybe he sees no point in talking about pokémon outside the region to a child who couldn't feasibly travel that far?

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I always thought that Kirinriki (Girafarig) would've suited Natsume (Sabrina) in Gen II. She didn't own one in the core games back then for whatever reason, but the species has a duality theme that I think would've been fitting for her team given the way that she was portrayed in the anime.

Oddly she never uses a Girafarig in any games not even in Stadium 2. Weird how Gamefreak and Nintendo just didn't care about the poor giraffe. :(

I think Colress or Charon could've had Xurkitree in the newer games if they appeared because it looks like it would fit their characters.

Luthor

Hawlucha with Crasher Wake. I know its not a water type but it strikes me as the sort of Pokemon he'd own for thematic reasons and for type coverage (cosplay pikachu could also work but I assume those are supposed to be very rare). I would have said Poliwrath but technically that was already out just not in the sinnoh dex.

MrJechgo

Roark could get many dinosaur/fossil-based Pokémon like Tyrantrum and Dracozolt.
Olympia would get 2 Indeedee.

Luthor

Jasmine and Probopass. Now this may seem a bit odd but here's why I think it could work. Jasmine was said to formerly be a rock type gym leader but later became a Steel type gym leader. Probopass evolves from a pure Rock type but then becomes a Rock/Steel so it has both her old type and her new type. It also suits as Jasmine has previously used Magnetic Pokemon so it makes sense they could have been evolved at the same time and
considering her connection to lighthouses a compass Pokemon makes a certain thematic sense.

MrJechgo

Bruno with Throh and Sawk
Guzma with Orbeetle... which would be his new Ace Pokémon, as Orbeetle can G-Max.
Plumeria with Roserade and even Toxtricity
Gladion with Rillaboom, Cinderace or Inteleon (or any of the other starters), since he gets one Kanto starter
Lusamine with an actual Nihilego, although Female Pokémon like Salazzle, Hatterene, Wormadam and Nidoqueen would work too.
Lillie could get Clefable, Ribombee, Comfey, Dedenne, Azumarill and Alolan Ninetales.

Luthor

For Brawley and Crasher Wake I'd suggest another Pokemon for both. Which also fits thematically but has some additional type affinity Grapploct. Grapploct is partially inspired by Luchadors and lives in water so it fits with Crasher Wake. Brawley also works well as its one of the fighting type I think fits best with surfer gimmick (not counting something like Poliwrath which predates both trainers) given its aforementioned living in water and ability to learn surf.

MrJechgo

Lorelei could get Walrein, Arctovish, Eiscue and Crabominable, since she often has aquatic Pokémon that are also Ice-type.
Agatha could get Dhelmise, Trevenant, Aegislash, Jellicent, Chandelure, Cofagrigus and Spiritomb, if we're talking spirit-like Pokémon.
Aaron could use Volcanora, Frosmoth, Araquanid, Galvantula and Leavanny.
Wikstorm could get Corviknight, Bisharp, Escavalier and Bastiodon, all Steel-type Pokémon that also have the warrior/weapon motif.

Luthor

For this case Morty is an interesting character. I could name pretty much any ghost type and it would be an improvement as his team has always been lacking in Johto games but considering he does get Pokemon like Mismagius & Driftblim in some games I'll avoid the obvious ones. Instead I would suggest Oricorio Sensu Style. The main reason for this is that as it is based on Japanese dance which suits Morty given his association with Ecruteak City and its dancing Kimono girls. Its coloration (while lighter) also fits with the other purple Pokemon he has.

Last edited: