• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future White/Black Team :)

Okay, so here's what I'm planning for my black/white team. Help would really be appreciated, especially w/ natures and items, which I'm kind of cluless about. I accept criticism really well, so give me everything you've got!!!

Starter-???
Even though I've had about forever to decide, I'm still not sure who my starter should be. :/ I was originally leaning towards Daikenki, since I traditionally pick the water starter. But since Isshu is supposed to be a "fresh start", anime-wise, I thought I might go w/ someone else this time. I'm kind of a sentimental/emotional/passoniate person, so I never box my starters away; they're the most significant pokemon on my team, IMO. I know asking for one whole pokemon is a bit much, but I'd really, REALLY appreciate it !!!

Shandera @ white herb
Ability: Flash fire
Moves:
-flame burst
-overheat
-energy ball
-shadow ball
I love his design and his awesome typing. His special attack is beyond amazing, and he'll defenitely be one of the most powerful and overused pokemon on my team. Flame burst and overheat are there for fire STAB, shadow ball for ghost STAB, and energy ball to deal with his water, rock, and ground weaknesses. White herb is so that using overheat won't kill his sp. attack stat.

Burungeru @ ???
Ability: Cursed body
Moves:
- water spout
- surf
- ice beam
- shadow ball
Surf, water spout and shadow ball are there for STAB, and ice beam is to counter grass pokemon. It's also there to deal with dragons, which are plentiful this time around. Also, cursed body seems really interesting; I can't wait to see just how good it really is (30% is pretty high for an ability as awesome as this one)

Warubiaru @ rock incense
Ability: Overconfidence
Moves:
- knock down
- earthquake
- trickery
- outrage
I really like his movepool: knock down to deal w/ flyers, earthquake for STAB and to kill everyone, trickery for STAB, and outrage to deal w/ all the new dragons, in case burungeru gets killed or something. He'll probably be the most used pokemon on my team, especially with that ability, overconfidence. I gave him rock incense since knock down's base power is lower than his other moves.

Shinbora @ ???
Ability: Magic guard
Moves:
- psychic
- air slash
- energy ball
- ice beam
I really want to make my team have the ghost-dark-psychic-fighting combo, like in Isshu's elite four (i don't like the fighting type, so I replaced fighting with another ghost :p). He also has a pretty nice sp. attack, and decent speed, something a lot of Isshu pokemon seem to lack. Psychic and air slash are here for STAB, and i just threw in energy ball and ice beam to deal with anything else that I might come across. Magic guard is also a really useful ability; much better than Miracle Skin, which seems overshadowed by Magic Guard in every way.

Hihidaruma @ ???
Ability: Encourage
Moves:
- superpower
- flare blitz
- giga impact
- psychic
Looking back at my team, I needed another physical-based pokemon. I'm still not too keen about his design, but with that base attack of 140, how could I refuse?? Daruma mode also really interests me (it's why psychic's there). Flare blitz is his only attack that gets STAB. Superpower is super-effective against a lot of types, so it doesn't matter to me that he won't get STAB for it. I just sort of threw in giga impact, since it also has a secondary effect (are negative secondary effects also ignored by encourage?), and like I said earlier, psychic is for when I figure out how to catch a Hihidaruma w/ Daruma Mode as its ability.

Also, how do you get the images onto your post? Apparently, copying and pasting doesn't work >.<

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Could you please use the proper layout? I'll do a full rate once you change it.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Welcome to 5th Gen IGRMT! Ungulateman is referring you to here; follow the format in the second post, and you'll be good to go. Fix it, and I'll help out too haha.

Welcome to 5th Gen IGRMT! Ungulateman is referring you to here; follow the format in the second post, and you'll be good to go. Fix it, and I'll help out too haha.

All right, I've edited it now. And thanks for the link, I was totally cluless about what to do, lol.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Shandera @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash fire
Moves:
-Flamethrower
-overheat / Hidden Power [Fighting]
-energy ball
-shadow ball

Burungeru @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed body I would use Water Absorb.
Moves:
- Boiling Water
- Recover
- ice beam
- Evil Eye

Warubiaru @ Muscle Band
Ability: Overconfidence
Moves:
- Claw Sharpen
- earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Dragon Claw

Shinbora @ Expert Belt / Wise Glasses
Ability: Magic guard
Moves:
- psychic
- air slash
- energy ball
- ice beam

Hihidaruma @ Life Orb
Ability: Encourage
Moves:
- Brick Break
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam / Return
- Zen Headbutt / Rock Slide

Also, how do you get the images onto your post? Apparently, copying and pasting doesn't work >.<

Encourage doesn't ignore negative effects. You can get images by copy-pasting the URL, the wrapping it in [IMG.][/IMG.] tags (without the dots) using the little button that looks like a mountain range.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
No problem.

White Herb, being a single-use item, is a bad choice for an item. Therefore, you could I guess use Flamethrower and Pain Split/Calm Mind > Bursting Flame and Overheat, and use, idk, Wise Glasses/Leftovers as an item. Or, you could give it Flamethrower > Bursting Flame and give it Choice Specs, I suppose.

You're going to want Burunkeru to have Water Absorb if you're going to run Water Spout. I suppose you can try to make a mini Kyogre here and hold a Choice Scarf, in which case I'd recommend Energy Ball > Ice Beam for now, since you'll be switching into Water Pokemon often. This, of course, assuming you're going all-out offensive here.

Waruvial @ Leftovers
Jolly
Overconfidence
-Claw Sharpen
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

Trickery is a bad idea on this guy, since it doesn't run off of your Atk stat. And Outrage screams "PUNISH ME FOR USING OVERCONFIDENCE!" Claw Sharpen assure Stone Edge will hit (under normal conditions), and gives you +1 Atk, meaning you'll be getting Atk boosts in no time. Yay.

IMO, Shinpora wants Thunderbolt > Psychic; Psychic STAB, while powerful, doesn't take you very far. Give it an Expert Belt.

>.> you misinterpret the use of Encourage...

Hihidaruma @ Muscle Band
Jolly
Encourage
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn

Woot. Encourage will be boosting Flare Blitz and Rock Slide only. Muscle Band because 3 Choiced Pokes on one team is crazy haha. U-Turn will help out against Pokes you really don't want to stay in on.

As far as synergy goes, Jalorda is your best bet. So:

Jalorda @ Rugged Helmet
Adamant
Overgrow
-Coil
-Leaf Blade
-Return/Dragon Tail
-Iron Tail

That's assuming hyper-offensive is the way you want to go.

Meh.

EDIT: *gasp* NINJA'D!

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for the advice guys!
I think I'll go w/ ungulateman's ideas for burungeru and waruvial, and Kerech's ideas for shanderra and hihidaruma. I'm keeping shinbora's moveset the same, though; energy ball already hits water, so an electric attack is kind of useless, IMO. The only other thing that thunderbolt hits hard against is flying types, but I already have waruvial and hihidaruma for killing flyers.
And as for my starter, Jaroda is probably the smartest chioce, since I already have two fire-types and a water-type... but I think I'll go w/ Daikenki anyways, just because I still like him a little bit more than the other two. ;P