• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
One moment I had was when I lost in the Battle Subway thanks to a Emolga using Double Team, I missed so often. -_-
One moment which isn't neccesarily a fail moment, but still counts...I raged hard when the girl who'll trade you a Haunter for a Medicham put an EVERSTONE of all things on it. I loved Gengar as a kid, but could never got one then, and when I thought I could get one I instantly went out and catch a Medicham...but raged so hard when she put an EVERSTONE OF ALL THINGS ON IT. I was not a happy panda with that T+T

Fireath

Encountering a shiny Ratatta in Pokemon Fire Red...BEFORE I had access to Pokeballs!

There was also one fight in PBR where Stone Edge and Fire Blast were missing for the whole match, irritating me slightly. Then the opponent's last pokemon hits my side with Sheer Cold 3 times in a row! <_<

zkultra

One moment I had was when I lost in the Battle Subway thanks to a Emolga using Double Team, I missed so often. -_-
One moment which isn't neccesarily a fail moment, but still counts...I raged hard when the girl who'll trade you a Haunter for a Medicham put an EVERSTONE of all things on it. I loved Gengar as a kid, but could never got one then, and when I thought I could get one I instantly went out and catch a Medicham...but raged so hard when she put an EVERSTONE OF ALL THINGS ON IT. I was not a happy panda with that T+T

I remember her. I wanted a Gengar also, so I trained a Meditite I had in the box and it was holding an Exp. Share. I traded it for her Haunter as soon as Meditite evolved and I had completely forgotten to remove the Exp. Share and it wasn't until after I saved I realized what had happened >_>

Another thing for me is finding a shiny in the Safari Zone. Found a shiny Teddiursa in Emerald once and it fled.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Another thing for me is finding a shiny in the Safari Zone. Found a shiny Teddiursa in Emerald once and it fled.
Found a Pikachu...but then came the event.

Rated PG

Water Pkmn Beast
Whenever I have around 4 Pokemon and my foe just completely annihilates me with his/her final Pokemon (it tends to happen to me a lot).

Last edited:

Hilda

When you are challenging the battle-subway late at night and feel so sleepy and put your head down to the pillow for 5 minutes but then falling asleep and waking up t your DS out of charge.

Super Single Train yesterday: it was my lone Chandelure vs opponents Alakazam. First I figured my Chandelure was a deadman due to Alakazam being the faster pokemon and prob using Psychic so I was pretty disappointed that my long run came to an end. Anyway you never know whats gonna happen so choose Shadow Ball to at least try and KO it. As expected he was faster and used Psychic but somehow my Chandelure managed to survive at 17hp or something. I couldnt believe it and shouted YESSSSS! Now my Shadow Ball hit, supereffective and I saw his life drop very fast. I was overjoyed seeing Alakazam get KO'd so fast but then......life bar stuck at 1hp as Alakazam hung on to Focus Sash...THAT was a big FU. next turn Alakazam KO'd Chandelure with Psychic.

I almost threw my DS into the wall.....

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I hate facing Pokemon with arena trap because you can't run from a battle when you really need to.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Once I let my cousin's friend play my old Sapphire game (because I was just so darn nice) and allowed her to try her hand at battling at the Elite 4. I knew my team wasn't prepared to take on such a difficult task, but I figured I could just turn off the game and start again at my last save point. When my cousin's friend strolled into the Elite 4, stupid me forgot to tell her not to SAVE THE BLOODY GAME. After I got my game back, I realized that I was now trapped in the Elite 4. I was stuck in there for weeks before I finally managed to win the whole thing on pure luck.

...you didn't have to win, you know. Just lose and you'll be returned to the Pokemon Center, and you are free.....you just lose some money, that's all.

My first time playing through Black Version, and I've saved right in front of Reshiram. I'm feeling confident. I catch her with ease and proceed to tear through N's and Ghetsis' teams, and then the credits roll and the game auto-saves. I then start the game up only to find that my Reshiram has a CAREFUL NATURE.

Cue me restarting the entire game and devising a plan that will allow me to check my dragon's nature before challenging N.

Although I am now the proud owner of one Modest Reshiram.

But seriously, to hell with natures and to hell with not being able to check your Pokemon's stats during a battle.

......you could have simply lost the battle against N.

You'll be returned to the Pokemon Center....and be able to check the Nature.

Using Mismagius against a Gym Leader, one move from finishing the battle. Using the wrong move, and kills myself with Curse!

....your Mismagius has Curse? Why did it even has Curse in the first place?
Mismagius is an all-out special attacker......Curse is a move more suitable for staller or non-Ghost.

Anyway, mine:

Trying to get a female Trapinch in Black 2.

It takes ages to encounter Trapinch because of the low encounter rate, not to mention the gender.
The first two female ones have -Speed Nature, the third one got killed by a critical hit. FUUUUU

I eventually got a female one that's good enough to keep, but still, it was really annoying trying to get her.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Yeah, that was essentially the plan that I had "devised." :p

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Paralyze hax, 5 times in a row.
The same with my Metagross. Sh*t got frozen by a Fearow using Mirror Move with my Ice Punch.
It was frozen in like 6 turns or something before it died

*IZ*

...you didn't have to win, you know. Just lose and you'll be returned to the Pokemon Center, and you are free.....you just lose some money, that's all.

....your Mismagius has Curse? Why did it even has Curse in the first place?
Mismagius is an all-out special attacker......Curse is a move more suitable for staller or non-Ghost.

Anyway, mine:

Trying to get a female Trapinch in Black 2.

It takes ages to encounter Trapinch because of the low encounter rate, not to mention the gender.
The first two female ones have -Speed Nature, the third one got killed by a critical hit. FUUUUU

I eventually got a female one that's good enough to keep, but still, it was really annoying trying to get her.
...you could have simply just traded for one.

Anyway I always hate it when you're trying to catch a legendary pokemon and you always run out of pokeballs or it just struggles to death.

UchiaBrow

Stay Schemin'
When I was younger played Red, didn't know what it meant and released my charizard. At the time I had know idea what had happened, scary, scary times.

The_UnAmerican_Idol

This... Is my Buddy.
It would have to be knocking out a Pokemon you really want to catch. Never fun

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
...you could have simply just traded for one.

I would if I can :p

But at that time I can't, so I was forced to keep looking for one in the desert.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I got a shiny baltoy in the desert, and...

I forgot I had a poisoned pokemon. It died, and I accidentally battled a trainer. Bollocks

Chidori__O

Lance's Dragonites...I mean, GSCHGSS, you usually have low leveled pokemon (I've fought every trainer in a route/city and my pokes are usually in mid-late 30s at the end of the Johto part). They were an pain. I did beat them during my 100th try though