• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
When you get sweep by a pokemon and then after the battle you had a pokemon with roar you could had use to stop that poke but you forgot

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
But my biggest FUUUUU moment was when I was in Trainer Tower in Leaf Green and my opponent sent out a shiny Espeon. That was the day I wished I played with my Game Shark.

zozo

SLIMED!
I had a lovely FUUUUU moment the other day. I'm breeding for something in HG, and I need to start passing down the Sp.Atk IV. So I go to get my trusty Power Lens and...

It's gone.

I check all my 'mons, I go through my bag three times, then I remember: The last breeding run I did, after I hatched my final egg I released the parents. I often do that because I'm always running out of Box space in HG. AND I remembered I had been passing down Sp.Atk there too. And I have been known to release Everstones before this. So, I'm pretty darn sure there's a wild Combee running around Johto with my Power Lens attached to it.

FUUUUUUU!

I have almost no "good" battle-ready Pokes on that cartridge since I've uploaded most of them to Gen V, leaving my breeders behind, so farming for BP at the Battle Frontier is out of the question. Which I found out the hard way.

FUUUUUUUUUU!

Then I think "maybe I can trade for another one!" Only to discover that since we've upgraded our wi-fi, my HG game is no longer able to connect to the internet.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

That was a really bad day. xD

Estellise

peachy
Anyways I was in the battle subway when my Dusknoir got taken out by a Dugtrio....with fissure :/

That's what you get for using a pure Ghost Type. ;P

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
All the times that a legend refuses to stay in a pokeball. You just sit there, staring at it, willing it to notice that it has about ten HP left versus a pokemon with near full HP and another five full HP pokemon, lobbing pokeballs at it... and then it runs out of PP and struggles itself to death so you have to reload.

That moment when you realise just after a shiny has fainted that while most of your team would have taken it out with a single hit, you were carrying an HM user with you who could have weakened it.
Yeh, wild double battle against two tangela, one shiny.
I didn't want to risk a direct attack due to level difference, so I burned it (hot damn that was stupid) and spent the rest of the time lobbing various pokeballs at it.
It fainted after a while, needless to say, and it occurred to me later that I had my fly master with me. She's a waaay lower level than my main team and could have gotten in at least one hit.

Those instances in which you run into shinies before you have obtained the pokedex (once in Diamond, TWICE in HG >`_< I have taken to snapping photos of any shinies I run across these days)

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Using my master ball on a seel once in leaf green. press that ball by mistake and didnt realize it until I saved

I know how you feel. This happened with me a shiny Bibarel.

Also the classic U can't escape + Explosion from Electrode.

Is is just me or did the accucary and chances of status reduction from attacks increase in the newer games or do I have bad luck?

GC7

This War Is Ours!
Accidentally fainting a shiny in the wild really gets everyone upset, as for me perhaps the biggest upseting moment was when I had been playing My diamond for about 4 hours without saving, I didn't notive my ds was low on battery and it went off... I was really upset at that :p

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
I was in the Battle Tower on my Diamond version one time and my Lucario was the last Pokémon I had. The last Pokémon on the opposing side was a Lunatone (which didn't get a 1-hit KO from a Close Combat) and it was at like a centimeter in red. So was Lucario.

I was a total idiot and used another Close Combat when I could have used Extremespeed. -_-

My reaction: *facepalm*

Last edited:

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Probably the first time I had a double battle with someone who had the level 1 Aaron w/ Facade. My reaction was something like: ..................................

Bluemiracle

Biologist
But my biggest FUUUUU moment was when I was in Trainer Tower in Leaf Green and my opponent sent out a shiny Espeon. That was the day I wished I played with my Game Shark.

The Shinies there aren't normal?! *explodes*
I saw a Shiny Umbreon and a Shiny Meowth there...

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
The fact that they're stopping the genesect event way before christmas, when I might actually have enough money for Black 2.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
Once I was trying to catch Kyurem in White. I was battling it for ages and it could now only use struggles, then it fainted