• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
When I would get legends or cool wild pokemon down on health and then after I use a bunch of Pokeball's on it so then it uses struggle and its irritating when it kills itself

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
That frozen Pokemon can break out of Pokeballs! I got really angry when I came across a shiny Skarmory in SS and ran out of Pokeballs and it was in red Paralyzed. Then I kept going and Raikou appeared. I was like, "WTF? Really, your gonna appear now?" UGh I was so mad xD

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
When I would get legends or cool wild pokemon down on health and then after I use a bunch of Pokeball's on it so then it uses struggle and its irritating when it kills itself

Once I was trying to catch Kyurem in White. I was battling it for ages and it could now only use struggles, then it fainted

I use a simle and elegant method to prevent that. When I start the battle I lower their accuracy with Flash and/or Sand-Attack. If they can't hit you, there's no recoil. You can also do the same to their attack, so in case they might still hit you the recoil is minimal.

Pierce571

I remember losing a battle on the battle subway because the opponent's pokemon was stuck on 1 hp because of sturdy. I was like 4 battles away from the subway boss on the super single line so yeah that pissed me off

LuringMaster

Mah dawg.
I remember losing a battle on the battle subway because the opponent's pokemon was stuck on 1 hp because of sturdy. I was like 4 battles away from the subway boss on the super single line so yeah that pissed me off

Oh my god. I always hate that! Every time that happens to me when I'm in the battle subway!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

And that's why the name Battle Haxway was given!

LuringMaster

Mah dawg.
And that's why the name Battle Haxway was given!

True that. Since you move up to Super Multi, Double, or Single, that's when it's get tough.
And plus, one time, Subway Boss Emmett taught his Klinklang, Giga Impact.

Yeah, now we can call it: Battle Haxway.

Probably the first time I had a double battle with someone who had the level 1 Aaron w/ Facade. My reaction was something like: ..................................

Why? Aron using Facade is just an Aron using Facade. If you mean Endeavor, yes it's annoying, but very easily beaten.

onichan

I get that kind of moment when my move misses and misses and misses again. Also when I accidentally have my Pokemon forget a move and learn something useless. Hitting 'A' frantically usually causes this.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I think I have at least 1 super frustrating moment per Generation.

Generation I: trying to catch Mewtwo without a Master Ball. Base 154 Special is... absurd. It had Psychic, Barrier (raise its only crap Def in those days), Swift (never miss. Literally, never misses), Recover (... screw you, Mewtwo!). If you've been there, then you'd understand my frustration.
Generation II: 6 on 6 battle against a friend. EVERY Headbutt my friend used, my Pokemon flinched. Every, single, time. Every Sacred Fire I used, nothing got Burned. I still won (somehow), but... frustrating.
Generation III: Shiny Rhydon in Battle Tower. At least I had the priviledge of watching it slowly die due to Toxic. And there's the Shiny Hariyama that used Whirlwind...
Generation IV: Shiny Weezing with Explosion. And the Battle Factory. My rented Aerodactyl screwed me over. Choice Band Stone Edge, but missed 3 times in a row. Which is why MY Aerodactyl has Rock Slide instead.
Generation V: The starting days when I couldn't pass down my Pokemon from HGSS. The Pokemon I've been stuck with just sucked.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
Defeated the Ghetsis after 10 tries, won on pure luck, we had to go, forgot to save, turned power. Where am I next time I turn the DS? N's castle in front of that room with Zekrom and Reshiram! UGGHHH!!

Estellise

peachy
Defeated the Ghetsis after 10 tries, won on pure luck, we had to go, forgot to save, turned power. Where am I next time I turn the DS? N's castle in front of that room with Zekrom and Reshiram! UGGHHH!!

Sometimes I feel like the only person that didn't have problems with: Whitney, Cynthia, Ghetsis, and Elesa

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Let's see here.. trying to find a shiny, though Chaining, when the chain ALWAYS breaks at unlucky number 7!

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
I don't get why people have problems with Elesa's Volt-Switch. She switches from Emolga to Emolga, is there a difference which Emolga you hit?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I've never had any problems with Whitney, Cynthia, Ghetsis or Elesa. They all fell pretty quickly (one-hit KO, except Elesa. I didn't have the firepower at the time).
Even in the old days of GSC, Whitney was never an issue. I send out Quilava (at the time), hit Flame Wheel, switch to Graveler when Miltank starts rolling, and blast away with Magnitude. Pretty simple.
Cynthia: by the time I reach her, I always have a team packed with EV-raised monsterosities that have been through mass-levelling.
Ghetsis: same as Cynthia. I just let Zekrom die in combat to prevent it from gaining any unwanted EVs and blast away his relatively-pitifully-weak team with flawless EVed specimens.
Elesa: at this point in the game, I really don't have much options except sticking with my own Zebstrika and hope that it doesn't die to a crit Flame Charge. Switching into an Electric move for the Motor Drive boost helps.