• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
Posting your question again 2 posts after you first posted it will not have it answered sooner. It appears that no one knows, so why not try to find out yourself? Either Google it or just use the game to figure it out yourself.

i've tried just playing in game and neither gave me heracross

bangdosa

Did your clock work after replacing the battery?

no, you see before i replaced the battery, it was fine. I replaced it after noticing it lost the save data, and wouldn't save anymore (this was after about a couple of months of not playing). so i went and opened it to replace the battery. i think the clock worked fine after replacement and i knew that saving worked fine, until two months ago when i noticed that the clock was off a lot. i went to get the password to reset it, and fixed the time to what it was then (Sunday 1 AM), checked about a week later, and it was the same time as what i had set it as then. I'm quite sure that the battery is not the problem.
maybe something in the cartridge that kept time is broken...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i've tried just playing in game and neither gave me heracross

Well the main site states that Heracross are rare in GSC, and since there's only two trees on Route 33 in which it could be found, I'd say the chances are even slimer.

If you don't find it after at least another 30 more tries, it might be a mistake on the site.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
no, you see before i replaced the battery, it was fine. I replaced it after noticing it lost the save data, and wouldn't save anymore (this was after about a couple of months of not playing). so i went and opened it to replace the battery. i think the clock worked fine after replacement and i knew that saving worked fine, until two months ago when i noticed that the clock was off a lot. i went to get the password to reset it, and fixed the time to what it was then (Sunday 1 AM), checked about a week later, and it was the same time as what i had set it as then. I'm quite sure that the battery is not the problem.
maybe something in the cartridge that kept time is broken...

Okay, so it still keeps your save files, but doesn't keep time, right?

Does time pass when you play the game, or not at all?

bangdosa

Okay, so it still keeps your save files, but doesn't keep time, right?

Does time pass when you play the game, or not at all?

form what i see it doesnt at all

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Check the Item Dex. GS and Crystal are listed separately and it says it's in both.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/luckyegg.shtml

In GS it's on Chansey and Crystal on Blissey.

Yes but as I said and as stated below, there is conflicting information. Also, why would it be on Blissey, they aren't found in the wild :S

ya here is what that guy was talking about on bulbapedia:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lucky_Egg#Lucky_Egg

Under Locations it just has Crystal wild chansey, but in the description it has GSC then ???

It only says found on wild Chansey in Crystal on Bulba, but the description fits with GSC too since you can trade the item.

OriginalPokeMasta

Original 151 Caught
Ya bulbapedia has me concerned...thankfully my bro has a crystal....so Im just gonna do it on there. No need to risk it.

I am pretty positive however that all the other items (Thick Club, King's Rock, etc.) are obtainable from certain wild pokemon in Gold, silver, and crystal

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
how do you get the badge from Blaine, I have 15/16 and I can't remember how to get the 16th from Cinnabar.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
If I recall correctly, you would actually need to defeat Blaine before you can get the badge from Blue. In the event that I'm wrong, hes in the Seafoam Islands.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
How can I make Noctowl useful? In HeartGold it was very useful, because it could learn some nice flying and psychic type moves. It even learned Shadow Ball. However, in GSC it can't learn any of the moves that made it good in HG. So are there any good flying and psychic moves Noctowl learns in GSC through level up, TM, or otherwise that makes it useful???

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
How can I make Noctowl useful? In HeartGold it was very useful, because it could learn some nice flying and psychic type moves. It even learned Shadow Ball. However, in GSC it can't learn any of the moves that made it good in HG. So are there any good flying and psychic moves Noctowl learns in GSC through level up, TM, or otherwise that makes it useful???

Checking the main site would have been faster.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/164.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.