• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So, does Noctowl basically suck in GSC? Because all it's moves are weak and it doesn't learn any decent ones until really late in the game.

In my opinion Noctowl always sucks. But especially so in G/S/C I suppose.

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
I mean, I already have the badge from Blue, but I need the badge from Blaine now, and I don't remember where to find him, since there is no gym on Cinnabar

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Thanks, it's been a while since I played Gold version.

Alder

Come at me bro
I need team-building help. My team right now:

Meganium Lv. 34

Razor Leaf
Poisonpowder
Synthesis
Body Slam

Crobat Lv. 35

Bite
Confuse Ray
Fly
Wing Attack

Quagsire Lv. 35

Ice Punch
Surf
Dig
Slam

Heracross Lv. 34

Rock Smash
Counter
Horn Attack
Endure

Sudowoodo Lv. 34

Low Kick
Rock Slide
Mimic
Strength

I need a sixth party member. I'd like one or two types I don't have, something with a lot of coverage, preferably that can handle Dragons and Fightings/Darks. Not a whole lot of doods like that, but Quaggy's too slow to handle three Dragonites, and Heracross doesn't learn Reversal for a while yet. I was thinking Jynx, but it'll mean a lot of levelling that I don't want to do because my team is behind enough as is. I've just beaten Clair. I was also thinking Suicune, which would be a lot less levelling, but I'd probably have to buy Blizzard for it because Aurora Beam isn't too powerful. Thoughts?

OriginalPokeMasta

Original 151 Caught
1. this should be in rate my team
2. Im not sure if you are against using legendaries, but if you arent then get some
3. For good non-legendaries look at: Tyranitar, Alakazam, Dragonite, Ampharos, Lapras

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Could someone explain to me the major differences between Silver and Crystal?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Could someone explain to me the major differences between Silver and Crystal?

Well there are too many for me to list on my own, but I found this. Here you go, it lists new stuff that was added to Crystal that weren't in Silver or Gold version, courtesy of Pojo.com:

1) A new feature is when you change routes or enter a city. At the bottom of the screen a wooden-like sign will pop up telling you what route or city you are in.
2) Some Pokémon learn new moves, like Dugtrio knows Tri-Attack and Eevee learns Baton Pass.
3) Suicune is a major player in the game. After bringing a new item called the Clear Bell (given to you buy the Radio Station manager) to Tin Tower in Ecruteak City, the Wise Trio will tell you all about Suicune and then challenge you to a battle. After you win you'll eventually meet Eusine, a Suicune fanatic, and will continue to see Suicune out in the open while traveling around Johto.
4) The Unown Puzzles have changed. Now there are messages on the wall written in the Unown language, if you can decipher it you can unlock passage ways to secret items.
5) Some Pokemon can be found in different places than in G/S.
6) On your first visit to the Daycare, the old man will give you the Odd Egg that will hatch after you carry it around for awhile.
7) You can find different Pokémon available at the Goldenrod City and Celadon City Game Centers. The Goldenrod City Department Store has an all-new rooftop store.
8) Trainers will have different Pokemon to trade.
9) Other new characters include the PokéSeer, who can tell you where and when you obtained a Pokémon in Crystal Version and how happy it is.
10) The Move Tutor, who appears outside the Game Corner in Goldenrod City after you've beaten Ash (Red) in Mt. Silver. The Move Tutor can teach very cool abilities, but it's very expensive.
11) After exchanging numbers with Trainers they may call you to offer a rare stone.
12) West of Olivine City is a new building exclusive to Pokemon Crystal. It is called the Battle Tower. You can fight trainers one after another, and possibly gain rare items in the process.
13) After beating Clair for the 8th gym badge, instead of going to the Dragon's Den to get the Dragon Fang and the badge, now you'll have to take a Trainer Challenge. Pass the questions and you'll get the badge.
14) A new radio show hosted by Buena can help you gain points and win prizes such as Protein, Iron, and Nuggets. She announces a password during the day, if you go see her at night and tell her the password you'll gain points which can be redeemed for prizes.

Stuff taken out from the English Version

15) The Goldenrod Pokemon Center has grown into a huge Pokemon Communication Center where you can get information about the Mobile Adapter. (Japanese version)
16) The most exciting thing people are going to like is the fact that the mysterious Celebi can be captured in Crystal. After receiving the GS Ball in Goldenrod's PCC you can fight Celebi in the Ilex Forest where the shrine is. (Japanese version)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I need some help. I recently heard that moves in the older games like G/S/C were split into Physical and Special. I had no idea since I never usually paid them much attention. Does anyone have a list of types of moves that are Physical and those that are Special?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I need some help. I recently heard that moves in the older games like G/S/C were split into Physical and Special. I had no idea since I never usually paid them much attention. Does anyone have a list of types of moves that are Physical and those that are Special?

Every game before D/P/P was like that o_O

Special:
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Dragon
Ice
Dark
Psychic

Physical:
Rock
Steel
Poison
Ghost
Normal
Bug
Fighting
Flying
Ground

Torpoleon

I figured that is the right spot to post this:

In My Silver, I recently wanted to reply it to have a good Six Pokémon Team, but I started to play it and then randomly it just turns off. Saving is fine. It just turns off at random. (No, I don't accidentally turn the power off) Does anyone know what the issue is? Thanks!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I figured that is the right spot to post this:

In My Silver, I recently wanted to reply it to have a good Six Pokémon Team, but I started to play it and then randomly it just turns off. Saving is fine. It just turns off at random. (No, I don't accidentally turn the power off) Does anyone know what the issue is? Thanks!

What system are you using it on and is that the only game that shuts off?

Torpoleon

What system are you using it on and is that the only game that shuts off?
I play it on a Game Boy Advance SP. Yeah, it is the only one of mine that has ever shut off with it being turned off via the power button. I played it again today and it didn't shut off for the about 22 Minutes I played it. Do you think it has something to do with how I saved in it more often than the times when it shut off?

Can moves be relearned in Silver or Crystal?

In Pokemon Stadium 2 if you beat the Elite Four and Lance at the Gym Leader Castle using only your own Pokemon (no rentals), the game will give you an opportunity to teach a forgotten move to one of your Pokemon.

But there's no way to relearn moves in-game.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I play it on a Game Boy Advance SP. Yeah, it is the only one of mine that has ever shut off with it being turned off via the power button. I played it again today and it didn't shut off for the about 22 Minutes I played it. Do you think it has something to do with how I saved in it more often than the times when it shut off?

I don't think that's it. It's a strange problem, you don't have any other systems you could try it on, do you?

Torpoleon

I don't think that's it. It's a strange problem, you don't have any other systems you could try it on, do you?
Well, I played it on my brother's SP (still do), although I do have my SP as well, although mine is older. I hadn't played Silver in a couple of years prior. Maybe since 2008 or 2007.

Torpoleon said:

It sounds more like a problem with your SP than your Silver version to me. Have you ever dropped it or done anything to it? The system could be damaged in some way or the battery is going bad. :/

I'd still test it though to be on the safe side. Keep playing different games on the SP, and try playing your Silver version on a different Gameboy (if you have any others).

Status
Not open for further replies.