• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altmer

breathe, spit, walk
try just east of eckruteak. Miltank and Tarous give lots a EXP points. And its strong against all types that are in that area

That's west of Ecruteak on the route with the MooMoo Farm (route 38 if I remember correctly :/).

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
havent been on my Crystal in a while so im gonna start up again n hopefully train sum more

been on yellow so that i can do that 'trade over shiny gyardos and catch ditto and trade it 2 crystal' trick so that i can get sum shinys

P

purple swampert

breed red gyarados with charizard to obtain a shiny charmander. ;136;

K

Kimbles45

purple swampert said:
breed red gyarados with charizard to obtain a shiny charmander. ;136;

Eh, I don't advise it.. If at all possible, get a shiny ditto (there's a sure-fire method of getting one, but you need a shiny pokemon, like a red gyarados, and one of R/B/Y). That way, you'll have a 1-in-64 chance of getting the shiny, as opposed to 512, or whatever it is.....I still have my shiny char lying around, on my Crystal, still at level 5, though....>_<

On Crystal, which i haven't played in a while, I've just reached 150 pokes in my 'dex, allowing me to get the pokes we stored on Stadium 2, from games we restarted. That includes GCD, my dunsparce from my now long-lost Gold....*hugs*

I've actually just got a japanese Crystal new off ebay, recently, and have been playing through that. I've played Up to Ecruteak so far, and have 5 pokemon on my team. They are:

Edward- My Croconaw, my starter pokemon.
Biiru- My Growlithe....he's supposed to be named "Bill" but my sister continues to call him "Beer" to annoy me...XD
Yami- My gastly.....uncreative name, yes....(female)
Natasha- My paras, who's currently a few levels ahead of everyone else. (female)
Sparky- My magnemite. I just caught them today, so they're still quite a bit behind the rest of the team.
I'm planning on getting a Natu as soon as i can, as my 6th pokemon....

Playing through japanese crystal is really neat, though. ^^ I get to see all the original pokemon names, and lots of small changes, like the different design for the stats screen, and the pokemon centers saying "PC" on them, instead of "poke"...XD The Goldenrod city pokemon center is now the "PCC" and the inside of it is huge.....XD Irwin the Juggler, the one who calls you to tell you how amazing you are, is named...Gypsy Juggler Mike! How cool is that? XD Also, the cartridge itself, looks really neat....it has the suicune headpiece design thing on the back of it. XD

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
I've successfully trained Janeway (now Houndoom :)) up to the snuff of the rest of my team (close enough to continue, anyway). So, I crashed the girls' party on R34 and took their Soft Sand. I also fought my way to the Ice Path and am ready to explore. With Janeway close by, I've pretty much given up the idea of raising a Vulpix named Firefox to go along with Mozilla. XP

Current team:
L27 Houndoom♀ (Janeway)@Nugget: (ran out of storage room, must organize... -_-)
Ember
Roar
Smog
Bite

L31 Noctowl♂@Amulet Coin:
Flash
Hypnosis
Reflect
Fly

L32 Meganium♂ (Autumn)@Miracle Seed:
Razor Leaf
Reflect
Synthesis
Body Slam

L33 Feraligatr♂ (Mozilla)@Smoke Ball:
Headbutt
Bite
Surf
Scary Face

L33 Ampharos♂ (Sheepy)@Quick Claw:
Tackle
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Cotton Spore

L34 Sudowoodo♀@Blackbelt:
Mimic
Rock Smash
Strength
Rock Slide

I know, Blackbelt+Rock Smash is kinda off, but I need the slave move, and I have no better items.

A

Aura The Wolf

I decided to go back into playing crystal, and was on my way to continue traning my eevee (Shadow) into an Umbreon.

I havent played in a while, and the first pokemon I run into is a legendary dog, Entei!...and then he ran away ^^" I wasn't prepared...

Double-Edge

Rising Trainer
i restarted gold for the 1,000,000th time

I chose Chikorita, like always. Captured 2 rattatas and traded over some eggs from my silver version. stayed around the Violet City area training. Both eggs evolved, getting a Mareep and shiny Phanpy. Also caught a Sentret.

Finished the sprout tower, about to face Faulkner

Chikorita (Lv. 15)
Tackle
Poisonpowder
Razor Leaf
Reflect

Mareep (Lv. 14)
Tackle
Growl
Thundershock
Thunderbolt

Phanpy (Lv. 14)
Tackle
Growl
Defence Curl

Sentret (Lv. 13)
Tackle
Defence Curl
Quick Attack

Traded Mareep and Phanpy back to silver to delete any extra moves i didnt want

I trade a Charmander to Gold, and used only it, so I blew the E4 away with an ultimate Charizard! I covered all it's weaknesses, plus added a STAB.

Charizard

Flametrower-STAB and covers Ice types

Iron Tail-Powerful and covers Rock types

Thunderpunch-covers Water types

Earthquake-insanely powerful and covers Electric types.

I personally think it's the best you can get a Charizard in Gold without Breeding or cheating.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Lesse here:

Bursted through the Ice Path and landed in Blackthorn. Cleared out Route 45 (excluding Dark Cave). Taught Mozilla Ice Punch to help pwn Clair. She whined. I went to the Dragon Den to nab an Extremespeed Dratini! (oh, and a badge, too) Elm coughed up his Master Ball, and I'm ready to take my first step into Kanto.

Current team:
L30 Gyarados♂ (Redden)@:
Dragon Rage
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
(water slave)

L31 Skarmory♂ (Teh Skarm)@Amulet Coin:
Sand-Attack
Agility
Cut
Fly
(flyer/slave)

L35 Ampharos♂ (Sheepy)@Quick Claw:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Cotton Spore
Fire Punch

L34 Meganium♂ (Autumn)@Miracle Seed:
Razor Leaf
Reflect
Synthesis
Body Slam

L36 Feraligatr♂ (Mozilla)@Smoke Ball:
Headbutt
Bite
Surf
Ice Beam

L34 Sudowoodo♀@Blackbelt:
Mimic
Rock Smash
Strength
Rock Slide

Houndoom (now L31) is in the box since I needed the water HM moves. I'm still trying to figure out who I'll need for when I disembark.

Last edited:

Double-Edge

Rising Trainer
Reached Lake Of Rage for some training. Currently training all pokes to lv 35

Bayleef (Lv. 29)
Synthesis
Poisonpowder
Razor Leaf
Reflect

Flaafy (Lv. 27)
Tackle
Growl
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt

Donphan (Lv. 27)
Take Down
Growl
Defence Curl
Flail

Furret (Lv. 28)
Slam
Defence Curl
Rollout
Mud Slap

Kadabra (Lv. 26)
Confusion
Fire Punch
Psybeam
Recover

Venonat (Lv. 26)
Confusion
Leech Life
Poisn Powder
Supersonic

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Returned to Ecruteak to battle Suicune. Caught him (without masterball) on the 5th or sixth try. Used Meganium's Razor Leaf, Gyarados's Waterfall (as a dud move), Sheepy's T-wave and Cotton Spore, teh skarm's Sand Attack, and a Mimicked Leer from Sudowoodo to weaken it. Caught him after using up my Great/Ultra ball stock once and killing him a few times.
Headed towards Indigo Plateau and made it through the trainers and Victory Road. Houndoom would've had a fun time laying waste to Pedro's team had she not been asassinated by a Graveler moments before... =_=
Currently in the Indigo Plateau and contemplating whether to use Feraligatr or Suicune...

Current team:
L34 Skarmory♂ (Teh Skarm)@Amulet Coin:
Sand-Attack
Agility
Fly
Cut

L36 Feraligatr♂ (Mozilla)@Smoke Ball:
Headbutt
Bite
Surf
Ice Punch

L36 Houndoom♀ (Janeway)@:
Ember
Roar
Smog
Bite

L36 Sudowoodo♀@Blackbelt:
Mimic
Rock Smash
Strength
Rock Slide

I think this one'll get the rare and elusive TM26.

L37 Meganium♂ (Autumn)@Miracle Seed:
Razor Leaf
Reflect
Synthesis
Body Slam

L37 Ampharos♂ (Sheepy)@Quick Claw:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Cotton Spore
Fire Punch

Just restarted Crystal. I just beat Falkner with Cyndaquil. Next up is the Sprout Tower.

Cyndaquil @ Nothing
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember

(I'm not one of those people who train only their starter through, I'm gonna catch a Natu and a Miltank for my team. To beat Red, I'm probably gonna train a Dragonite and Tyranitar. Maybe Lugia :) )

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
Pokédex completion: 250/251

All I have to do now is evolve my Pupitar, and then I'll be bored until Emerald comes out.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Trained all my team to L40 (except teh skarm who remained at L36). Took on the League and won the first time! Will was a pushover, Koga's Ariados and Crobat put up a fight, as did Bruno's Machamp (but still died to teh skarm's stalliness), Karen's Umbreon hung in there as well. The problems began with Lance's third Dragonite's Outrage; it was stronger than I had expected. Autumn could weather two or three, but the rest of my team died to one. Mozilla, the Feraligatr's Ice Punch eventually sent him the right message, and it was on to the Aerodactyl. I suppose Lance kidnapped the FRLG move tutor from the Rock Tunnel, and that's why you can't find him... ;) It, too, died, eventually. ^_^
Now back in New Bark taking it easy.

Current team:
L37 Skarmory♂ (Teh Skarm)@Amulet Coin:
Sand-Attack
Agility
Fly
Cut

L40 Sudowoodo♀@:
Mimic
Strength
Rock Slide
Earthquake

L41 Meganium♂ (Autumn)@Miracle Seed:
Razor Leaf
Reflect
Synthesis
Body Slam

L42 Ampharos♂ (Sheepy)@Quick Claw:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Cotton Spore
Fire Punch

L42 Feraligatr♂ (Mozilla)@Smoke Ball:
Bite
Surf
Ice Punch
Slash

L42 Houndoom♀ (Janeway)@:
Roar
Smog
Bite
Flamethrower

Double-Edge

Rising Trainer
Maganium (Lv. 38)
Synthesis
Poisonpowder
Razor Leaf
Body Slam

Amphoros (Lv. 36)
Iron Tail
Dynamic Punch
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt

Donphan (Lv. 36)
Take Down
Rollout
Curse
Earthquake

Furret (Lv. 37)
Return
Shadow Ball
Curse
Surf

Alakazam (Lv. 38)
Psychic
Fire Punch
Thunderwave
Recover

Venomoth (Lv. 36)
Psychic
Gust
Poison Powder
Supersonic

Defeated Team Rocket in Mahogany, Defeated Pryce, Chuck. About to face Jasmine, did alot of trading for TMs

ChronaMew

Demonic Warrior
ooh, can i join?

Started EV training my surfing pikachu (sparky),
Training Mew (psychotic) from level 7 to level 40
Doing a lot of mystery gifts with my gold and with pokemon stadium to find scope lens =p

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Anyone can join; just start posting! XD

Anywho, headed off on the SS Aqua, and am now marooned in Vermilion City. Team the same as last time.

S

sparkling-jirachi

my recent happening was when i completed my pokedex everyone except celebi.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
hey guys, thou i aint been on my crystal 4 a while

im gonna do a breeding thread for G/C/S with does not include R/S pokemon n is only for these games, i think its only fair since there is an offical one in the R/S thread there should be one for G/C/S games in this part

also been on Gold getting baby pkmn for Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.