• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calm PokeMaster

Well I've been putting in a good few hours every day on my Crystal, I tend to get really blazed and just play for hours straight..

In order:

- Trained my Pokés up some more levels and defeated Misty for my 13th badge
- Battled Sabrina for my 14th badge
- Battled Blaine for my 15th badge
- Battled Blue for my 16th and final badge
- Trained up my Pokés some more and replaced Socks the Typhlosion with Spitroast the Magby which I bred
- Replaced BTL SHITS the Ditto with a Porygon called Munchies
- Added an Aerodactyl called Keith that I bred to the team bringing it to a full 6
- Tully finally rang me and told me had something so I got the water stone and evolved Achmed the Poliwhirl
- Trained Keith to level 50, Spitroast evolved to Magmar at 30 is currently level 30 and Munchies is 20
- Organised my items and stored some in the PC, saved and plan on continuing later tonight

Team at this point in time:

Keith/Aerodactyl lv 50
STINGAHHHH/Beedrill lv 58
Achmed/Poliwrath lv 56
Wolverine/Togetic lv 56
Spitroast/Magmar lv 30
Munchies/Porygon lv 20

Badges: 16
Pokédex: 95 caught

Well that's all for now anyways.

Great team but WHY DID YOU TROP TYPHLOSION FOR A MAGMAR?You could have just bred another Typhlosion.

bulb182

Ok, so i've recently re-started Crystal.

I wont post my entire story up until now so i'll just say the most recent happenings:

Received Odd Egg from daycare guy, waited for a Pichu but got an Iglybuff instead.
Traded a Pikachu from Yellow (using Silver as a middle man) and bred it wih Ditto to get Pichu. Also did the same to get Bulba (i dont like having Traded poke's on my team)

Took it slow for a while to get Pichu's happiness high, eventually evolved at Level 11 (yes, i took it REALLY slow!) just in time to learn Quick Attack

Whitney was a disapointment considering she is usually tough...

Got to ecruteak, after training all pokemon up to level 23 minimum. Beat Morty with just Pidgeotto.
I am now in the lighthouse training everyone.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Restarted Gold for the sole reason of filling time in between now and the English release of Platinum (finally).

All I can say is, hooray for early egg trading. Maybe I'll actually begin my journey soon enough.

EDIT: The Woodmeister soloed the whole of Falkner's gym with relative ease.

Team:

;163; lvl.10
Tackle
Growl
Foresight
---

;185; lvl.10
Rock Throw
Mimic
Flail
---

;204; lvl.9
Tackle
Protect
Selfdestruct
---

;239; lvl.9
Quick Attack
Leer
Thunderpunch
---

;113; lvl.9
Pound
Growl
Tail Whip
---

;158; lvl.9
Scratch
Leer
Rage
---

Badges: 1

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
In honor of the HGSS revelation, I have begun a nostalgia tour by restarting my old Silver. I started with Totodile with much coaxing from several People present on another site when I stated I was restarting it. Upon reaching Dark Cave, I searched for a Zubat. Alas, the first one I caught was defeated by accident. The second one I found was caught in but a single Pokéball. Later that night, while training in the Sprout Tower, a Gastly popped up. As I was training Zubat, Leech Life had very little effect. After exhausting all of those, Supersonic was my best chance of chipping away its HP. When I thought it had sufficient damage done, I began chucking Pokéballs at it. It was several attempts before it succumb. After that, I began training with the Unown before challenging Falkner. Falkner, however, proved to be a minimal threat. After winning, I went down south to Route 32 and caught myself a Mareep. I am now training my team in preparation of entering Union Cave.

Current Team:
Totodile-Lv.12
Zubat-Lv.10
Gastly-Lv.10
Mareep-Lv.7
Togepi Egg
Unown A-Lv.5

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Defeated Bugsy quite comfortably despite my apparent underleveledness (due to having a full team already). What I found most amusing was his claim that I was 'an expert on Pokemon' even though my tactic of beating his Scyther was having Pineco blow up in its face and then pound it to death with some fat pink blob.

Team:

;164; Sage lvl.24
Tackle
Hypnosis
Foresight
Peck

;185; Sudokudo lvl.25
Rock Throw
Dig
Flail
Low Kick

;204; Landmine lvl.25
Headbutt
Rollout
Selfdestruct
Take Down

;239; Billy lvl.25
Quick Attack
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch
Light Screen

;113; Biatch lvl.25
Headbutt
Minimize
Tail Whip
Softboiled

;159; Snaps lvl.24
Headbutt
Bite
Ice Punch
Surf

Badges: 4

Last edited:

Banana Bloodplanet

I recently decided to play Crystal again after a few months (before I recently started playing again, I was at the part where you have to go back to Prof. Elm after seeing Mr. Pokemon and Prof. Oak and had saved in the Pokemon Center after beating Silver).

I went back to Prof. Elm, said that the rival's name was Silver, got five Poke Balls, caught a Hoothoot and Poliwag and trained them up to Lv. 6 or 7. Then, I beat every trainer on the routes between Cherrygrove City and Violet City. I went to the Sprout Tower, beat every trainer and got the Flash HM, then went to the Gym and beat Falkner (and the other two trainers there). After that, I got the Egg from Prof. Elm's assistant, beat every trainer between Violet City and Azalea Town (unless there are any in Union Cave I need Surf to reach), talked to Kurt, beat Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well, then beat Bugsy (and every other trainer in the Gym).

My team right now:

Poliwag Lv. 15
Hoothoot Lv. 16
Quilava Lv. 16

.VALO.

In response to whoever asked why I dropped Typhlosion for Magmar, I just prefer Magmar to Typhlosion and Typhlosion was only in the team until I was able to catch a Magmar.

On topic:

Well I ran into some money a few days ago, bought some Mary Jane and got really blazed which lead to me putting in about 12 hours on Pokés lol..

- Knocked my rival out before challenging the Elite Four again
- Consecutively defeated the Elite Four until Spitroast reached level 50
- Repeated the above until Munchies reached level 45
- I let Spitroast learn Confuse Ray and Munchies learn Zap Cannon during the levelling up process
- Battled wild Pokés outside Mt Silver with Munchies until level 47
- Noticed that I have $227507 in yen or whatever currency Pokés uses
- Whacked a final wild Poliwhirl, healed my team and saved.

My team as of this post:

Munchies/Porygon lv 47
Keith/Aerodactyl lv 53
Spitroast/Magmar lv 54
Wolverine/Togetic lv 56
Achmed/Poliwrath lv 58
STINGAHHHH/Beedrill lv 59

Pokédex: 111 caught

Well that's it for now..

Edit: Made a new sig with my team in it. <3

Last edited:

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Ok, I've just started playing Gold. I have never, key word never played a gen 2 game. I've watched my sister play up to the first Gym, but that's it. So, after that, I'm going on a blind run! YAY!
I started, chose Chikorita, it was female! Yay! Did all the beginning stuff, beat my rival for the first time. Caught a Spinarak on the route north of Cherrygrove.
This is my team:
;152;/Mandragora Lv. 9
Tackle
Growl
Razorr Leaf
;167;/Spinarak Lv. 5
Poison Sting
String Shot

TSL

Mischievous.
Because I received Pokemon Stadium 2 from Ebay, I obviously picked up G/S/C again and finally got my Crystal team for Gym Leader Castle/Prime Cup all fitted up with useful moves (Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Espeon, Tyranitar, Electabuzz). Also started training my Poke Cup team after trading my shiny Scyther from Gold over to Crystal. My poke cup team so far is: Omastar, Scizor, Dragonite (Extremespeed), Houndoom. Gonna find two more then I don't even know what I'm gonna do for LIttle Cup. In Crystal, I still have to catch Ho-oh. I also started a new game on my Gold, and a barely started game on my Silver is still around. If the internal battery of my other gold hadn't died, I'd probably do something on that, too.

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Since I'm playing Gold on a ROM, my computer died for no apparent reson, so I lost the file, had to download it again and start over.
Right now, I'm about to go into the first gym. My team:
;095;ROCKY/Onix Lv. 10
Tackle
Screech
Bind
;167;Spinarak Lv. 9
Poison Sting
String shot
Scary Face

;152; Mandragora/Chikorita Lv. 10
Tackle
Growl
Razor Leaf

I restarted Crystal, and my starter is a female Chikorita.

I haven't done much, since I'm still starting, but I battled wild Pokemon to level up my Chikorita. I'm also on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house (or rather, I'm close to it).

.VALO.

Well today I decided I'd catch Lugia so I made a team for the battle and added some HM slaves in for the Whirl Islands. I made my way through the annoying cave and saved in front of Lugia. After hours of battling, trying to catch and Lugia using Recover I finally caught it. I already had Entei and Suicune so I thought why not go for Raikou so I can get Ho-Oh. I did a few rotations around the map then settled with Mahogany Town as a base camp, checked the route on the left and flew back. Repeated a few times then I anticipated it's movement and went to the route right from Mahogany and sure enough it was there too, Hypnosis missed so it ran. I repeated and found it again in the same place, this time Hypnosis landed and it had already been weakened from an earlier battle so I threw an Ultra Ball and it caught on the first one. I then went to Ecruteak and spoke to the Wise Trio and obtained the Rainbow Wing. I went through the annoying puzzle and reached Ho-Oh, after a decent battle with a few Recovers I had Ho-Oh asleep with a tiny slice of red in it's HP bar and threw and Ultra Ball, to my luck it caught on the first attempt. I named the pair HeartGold and SoulSilver in honor of the new games.

Well that's all for now..

Pokédex: 115 caught

@ Kiseki - I read your 'small message', I found it to be quite an interesting read.

Calm PokeMaster

I just captured Lapras with my Ampharos.I am now training it.

I am in Olivine.

Here is my team.

Typhlosion

Ampharos

Lapras

Alakazam

Machamp

Golem.

They are all(except for Lapras)Lv.35.I am going to sweep the E4 definitely.

Let's see... I'm still playing my Crystal, and I'm still at the beginning. However, I played yesterday at nighttime...and I didn't realize that there were several Pokemon that I wasn't aware of in Route 30 during the night. ^^;; So, yesterday, I caught: Geodude, Zubat, Hoothoot, Bellsprout, Poliwag, and Spinarak. I also arrived in Violet City, and I need to train before going to Falkner.

.VALO.

Well I'm using a rom and emulator on my mobile phone lol. I've got this java emulator called MeBoy and it works a charm, it's more convenient if anything as the internal battery will never run out and I can transfer my save file through bluetooth in case I get a new phone or fancy playing it on my laptop. A lot of people use roms and emulators for G/S/C as their internal batteries have died as well.

pichu96

Just started a Water Monotype Challenge
Caught a Wooper
Evolved Totodile
Training in the Sprout Tower

With all the excitment of HGSS I decided to take a break from plat. and play my beloved Silver.
-I decided to train all pokemon to lv 100
-Pikced out a Spinark and started training it
-Gained 15 levels in 2 hours
-Picked up a egg from my shin-mon and started to hach it.

pichu96

Replace my Wooper with a Krabby
Beat Bugsy
Recivied the HM Cut
Arrived n Goldenrod City
Evolved my Totodile

Status
Not open for further replies.