• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyranitar96

-Traded for Machop
-Trained Machop
-Beat Whitney
-Evolved Mareep =)
-Training Hoothoot. 5 more Lv.'s

.VALO.

Well I've just been levelling up my team lately and it's pretty grinding and requires more patience than I can summon. I've got a dilemma on my hands as well, there's only one way around it but it's really annoying:

I want to make a start on the Battle Tower but I haven't finished my Porygon's moveset yet, Ice Beam is still missing. The problem that I'm having is that I can't get Ice Beam until I unlock the Goldenrod move tutor by beating Red so I have to level my Pokés up to around 70-75'ish in order to beat Red. Basically I want to do the BT but I can't until I beat Red due to the lack of Ice Beam.

Anyways I've caught a few random Pokémon to add to my dex as well.

My team at this point in time:

Wolverine/Togetic lv 56 ;176;
Achmed/Poliwrath lv 60 ;062;
Spitroast/Magmar lv 60 ;126;
Keith/Aerodactyl lv 60 ;142;
Munchies/Porygon lv 60 ;137;
STINGAHHHH/Beedrill lv 60 ;015;

Badges: 16
Pokédex: 117 caught

That's all for now..

Well I've just been levelling up my team lately and it's pretty grinding and requires more patience than I can summon. I've got a dilemma on my hands as well, there's only one way around it but it's really annoying:

I want to make a start on the Battle Tower but I haven't finished my Porygon's moveset yet, Ice Beam is still missing. The problem that I'm having is that I can't get Ice Beam until I unlock the Goldenrod move tutor by beating Red so I have to level my Pokés up to around 70-75'ish in order to beat Red. Basically I want to do the BT but I can't until I beat Red due to the lack of Ice Beam.

Anyways I've caught a few random Pokémon to add to my dex as well.

My team at this point in time:

Wolverine/Togetic lv 56 ;176;
Achmed/Poliwrath lv 60 ;062;
Spitroast/Magmar lv 60 ;126;
Keith/Aerodactyl lv 60 ;142;
Munchies/Porygon lv 60 ;137;
STINGAHHHH/Beedrill lv 60 ;015;

Pokédex: 117 caught

That's all for now..

You can get the move tutor if you beat the E4 on Wednesdays I think. Check bulbapeida

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Well, since my last post, I have done a lot of stuff. The first thing I did was make it through Union Cave, which wasn't that hard. My Rival fell easier than I had expected, thanks to Zubat. Bugsy fell like a sapling to a bulldozer. By the time I had made it to Goldenrod, Totodile and Mareep had evolved. When I beat Whitney, nothing on my team had changed. I played some slots(Got like 8 777's) to pass the time. I had gotten to Ecruteak, and managed to beat Morty easily, thanks to my newly evolved Golbat. Gastly evolved into Haunter, and was traded to my Gold shortly there after to evolve again. As I am also playing Red, I traded in my Ivysaur to breed with a Ditto. That Bulbasaur hatched today, and is a solid member of my team. I am currently training to beat Chuck.

Current team:
Croconaw Lv.27
Golbat Lv.28
Gengar lv.26
Flaaffy Lv.26
Bulbasaur Lv.11
Paras Lv.6(Cut slave)

EDIT: I have beaten all Johto Leaders, and am now training for the Elite Four. Golbat evolved just before I went to face Chuck, since it does have a Type Advantage. As I was training to beat Jasmine, lo and behold Entei pops up on Route 38. Then as I was searching for it to add to my team, Raikou appears on Route 42. Bulbasaur evolved, and managed to defeat Jasmine Single handedly, as well as Pryce whn it was close to becoming a Venusaur. Flaaffy evolved just before I took on Jasmine, as did Crocanaw. I got impatient with training and decided to fight for my Final Johto badge. Feraligatr managed to take down half of Clair's team before succumbing to a Dragonbreath from one of her Dragonair. It was up to Crobat to finish that off, and Ampharos attempted to beat Kingdra. When it lost, Gengar stepped in and finished it off with a couple Shadow Balls. When I got the Master ball, I cloned it five times; once for each legendary and one in case I find a Shining later on. Then I went on the hunt for both Entei and Raikou. On Route 37, Entei appeared. This time I was ready, and chucked a Master Ball at it. So now my Team is complete.

Current Team:
Feraligatr Lv.38
Crobat Lv.37
Gengar Lv.37
Ampharos Lv.33
Venusaur Lv.33
Entei Lv.40

Last edited:

pichu96

Continued my Water Monotype Challenge

-Beat Whitney
-Killed Suddowodo
-Beat Morty
-Got Surf
-Battled my Rival at the Burned Tower
-Made it to Olivine City
-Got the Good Rod
-Got Strength
-Caught a Corsola
-And caught a Chinchou

Tyranitar96

-Evolved Hoothoot =) Woot!
-Killed Sudowoodo
-Got surf
-Beat Morty mainly with Noctowl =)
-Going to the Burned Tower

(I may be slow but, as of right now I'm replaying 4 games. Silver, Ruby, Yellow and XD, though I could probably drop Yellow and XD)

.VALO.

You can get the move tutor if you beat the E4 on Wednesdays I think. Check bulbapeida

Thanks for that useful information, turns out you were right and I replaced Zap Cannon on my Porygon for Ice Beam. It's working out pretty well, I did a 7 streak at the Battle Tower using:

Keith lv 60 ;142;
Achmed lv 60 ;062;
Munchies lv 60 ;137;

Haven't really achieved much else besides getting Wolverine to level 57 and catching Machoke and Parasect for the Pokédex.

Pokédex: 119 caught.

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Recently picked up my gold. Started training up my Quilava and Sentret. Caught an unown and Male Mareep which I named Cling. Plan on getting my egg to hatch soon so I can get another team member.

.VALO.

I'm staying with my Nan in Devon for a few weeks so I had a 'going away party' sort of thing with a few friends and we got an ounce of Mary Jane and got stupidly blazed. This got me in the mood for Pokémon so I played it for 3 hours straight in the car on the way down and the following events unfolded:

- Levelled Wolverine the Togetic up another level to 58
- Went to the Game Corner and bought Cubone and Wobbuffet for the dex
- Journeyed through the Union Cave, battled the trainers in the underground area and caught Lapras
- Went out of the Union Cave through the alternate exit and caught a Natu, it was night time so couldn't find a Smeargle
- Used the other alternate exit and completed the Aerodactyl puzzle, dropped into the Unown chamber and caught four of them
- Went back outside and had my Pokédex upgraded to record different types of Unown
- Completed the Kabuto puzzle, returned to the ruins and caught three more Unowns
- Made a trip to Mt Silver and bumped into Misdreavus, ended up killing it in frustration as it had a red slice of HP and was asleep yet I still couldn't catch it
- Saved the game and vowed to play again later on

Well that's all for this update, I'll probably send my file over to my laptop tonight and use my team in Stadium 2 for the Gym Challenge.

Pokédex: 124 caught

Edit: Just noticed I've gone up to a Cascade Trainer =]

Last edited:

electricwolf

I recently restarted my Crystal version and decided to give it a go. I haven't defeated Falkner yet but here's my team:

McPuff - Hoppip Lvl. 11
Epic Flame - Cyndaquil Lvl. 10
Pinky - Spearow Lvl 9
Blu - Poliwag Lvl 6
Don - Phanphy Lvl 2 (Just caught)

I don't really want Blu and was wondering when the earliest you can get remoraid is? Also thinking of changing either McPuff or Pinky for a Venemoth. I'd rather get rid of Pinky, because I have a Spearow on fire red. Opinions?

.VALO.

I recently restarted my Crystal version and decided to give it a go. I haven't defeated Falkner yet but here's my team:

McPuff - Hoppip Lvl. 11
Epic Flame - Cyndaquil Lvl. 10
Pinky - Spearow Lvl 9
Blu - Poliwag Lvl 6
Don - Phanphy Lvl 2 (Just caught)

I don't really want Blu and was wondering when the earliest you can get remoraid is? Also thinking of changing either McPuff or Pinky for a Venemoth. I'd rather get rid of Pinky, because I have a Spearow on fire red. Opinions?

Oh the depression. For some reason GameFreak didn't leave Remoraid in Crystal so it's impossible to capture, the only way to get one is to trade with Gold or Silver (Can't remember which one Remoraid is on, might be both). This annoyed me deeply as I wanted an Ampharos but there are no Mareep in the game at all just like Remoraid. The difference is I play Crystal on my phone so I can't trade but I've got a killer team now so I don't mind.

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Got a few more team members.

Quilava 27
Flaffy 24
Togepi 18
Pigeotto 19
Bellsprout 13
Eevee 23(Gonna be Espeon or Umbreon obviously)

Anyways I beat the First 3 gyms with ease. I'm having major trouble on the ghost type gym since my Quilava's strongest move is ember, and my flaffy can't really deal heavy damage with thundershock. HOpefully I will get a Togetic soon enough, along with Espeon or Umbreon. I'm gonna level up my Lowe Leveled pokemon to 20(bellsprout, togepi, and Pigeotto) and try the gym again after I evolve my Flaffy and Get flame wheel on Quilava.

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Well with all the hubbub about HGSS it got me in the frame of mind to replay gold.
But my gold's battery died so i had to play it in a different way ;)

But here is what i have done so far

- Started the game and chose my favourite starter of all the gens ... Cyndaquil
- Got to Voilet City and beat up some bellsprout and got the Flash HM
- Beat Falkner with Ease
- Got the Togepi Egg and Hatched it
- Got to the PokeCentre before the cave entrance and caught a Mareep
- Trained all three to level 17, (Training Togepi with Metronome is fun lol)
- Got through the cave

So Current Team

;156; - Quilava - Lv 17
;180; - Flaffy - Lv 17
;175; - Togepi - Lv 17

So now of to beat up some bugs and Team Rockets

BloodGhoul

electricwolf

Oh the depression. For some reason GameFreak didn't leave Remoraid in Crystal so it's impossible to capture, the only way to get one is to trade with Gold or Silver (Can't remember which one Remoraid is on, might be both). This annoyed me deeply as I wanted an Ampharos but there are no Mareep in the game at all just like Remoraid. The difference is I play Crystal on my phone so I can't trade but I've got a killer team now so I don't mind.

Darn, Remoraid and Mareep were my favourite pokemon. And I just spent an hour looking for a mareep.

I'll probably wait until chinchou or psyduck.
I beat Falkner. Woo. Off to Union Cave.

McPuff - Hoppip Lvl. 11
Epic Flame - Cyndaquil Lvl. 12
Pinky - Spearow Lvl 11
Blu - Poliwag Lvl 6
Don - Phanphy Lvl 11

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
UPDATE #1

- Beat team rocket in the well, bugsy and rival in Azelia
- Got to Mahogany
- Beat Whitney with Ease
- Caught Sudowoodo
- Got Surf and Spoke to Bill
- Went back and got Eevee
- Went back to Union Cave and caught a Wooper
- Went up the Lighthouse

Current Team
;156; - Quilava - Lv 25
;180; - Flaffy - Lv 25
;175; - Togepi - Lv 25
;133; - Eevee - Lv 25
;194; - Wooper - Lv 16

So next to beat Morty and Heal Amphy in the lighthouse

Bloodghoul

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Finally took on Red, didn't think I'd beat him with level 55's, but I did and it wasn't too difficult.

I also finally managed to get my hands on a GBC Link Cable, and evolved my Machoke. I might start going for the PokeDex now.

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Did everything up to the Final Gym leader in Johto. Turns out my rival has a shiny sneasel...:(. Anyways I'm about to take on the final gym leader :D

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Ya XD I just thought it was shiny tbh. It looked different than usual but I gues it was just my Sp's fault. There is a shiny Espeon in the battle tower in FR/LG though. Anyways, I beat the final gym leader, got the D Fang, went all the way through Victory Road, beat my rival, and I am currently grinding in the Victory road for all my pokes to get to level 40. My eevee still hates me because it is level 36 and still hasn't evolved :(.

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Well got bored of Gold for now so have decided to do a sort of solo run on Crystal.
So i chose Cyndaquil as my starter and went and beat the first gym and then beat up the second gym and got to GoldenRod City while beating as little trainers as possible.

Then Got the odd egg. I decided that what ever shiny i hatched from the Odd Egg (12.5% of being shiny) i would become my solo runner.

After hatching quite a few eggs a shiny came out.....SMOOCHUM.
NickNamed it Kissy Face lol and when back and beat up all the trainers that i has missed even bellsprout tower.

Beat Whitney with ease and caught Sudowoodo and went and beat all the trainers on the way and in the light house.

So currently trying to find Morty.

;238; - Kissy Face - Lv 32
Dizzy Punch
Confusion
Ice Punch
Sing

Will update soon =)

(please dont flame me saying it cant be a solo run cos i beat two gyms without smoochum i know lol.)

Bye Bye for now
BloodGhoul

Status
Not open for further replies.