• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried using the Shiny Ditto Gitch, but it failed on my Crystal version (I'll need to try it on my Gold/Silver version). Otherwise, I'm trying to fill the pokedex before the battery goes out.

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
Decided to pick up my silver version, where I had seven badges Yesterday. I beat Team Rocket in the Radio Tower, got my last badge, then went looking for Raikou, which I caught. I also caught my Lugia before I headed toward the Elite Four. I've still got some training to do, though. My Eevee still hates me, so he hasn't evolved, and my Pokemon aren't level 45 yet.

Edit: Went ahead to fight the Elite Four, with my Pokemon ranging from level 37-41. I was doing it with the intent of training agaist the first few trainers, but I ended up going through and beating Lance~! Off to Kanto now<3

Last edited:
Now, the pointless continuation of my Bug Monotype Challenge~

After beating Falkner with just my Spinarak (thank God for poisoning!), I set off down towards Azalea town, avoiding as many of the trainers as possible to train my next Pokemon against. I defeated all the trainers in the cave and finally got to Azalea. I healed up and ran right into the Ilex forest to find my next team member. After defeating a few Psyduck and Caterpie, I stumbled across a Shiny Venonat! So I scrapped the idea of training Parasect and picked up my third Pokemon. I trained Venonat against the trainers I skipped and some other random Pokemon (Swift is a great move) and got the team up to Lv 23 all together.

After that, we cleared Team Rocket out of the Slowpoke Well and got a Lure Ball for our efforts. Then I decided to go back into Ilex Forest for some extra training, but I had to defeat my rival, first. Venonat swept him with no trouble.

Then I went into the forest and trained the team up to Lv 25. Seriously, battling against level 5's and 7's is so boring, its not even funny. xD I can't wait 'til I get to the 15's and 17's.

Now we're waiting to take on Bugsy, a trainer who shares a similar love for Bug types. Let's see which one of us is the better trainer!

Current team:

;166;
Ledian
Male - Lv 25

;168;
Ariados
Male - Lv 25

;048;
Shiny Venonat
Female - Lv 25

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
My team once again seems to fail to be able to hit Morty. Therefore I decided to go on a quick Raikou hunt.

After fifteen hours, I finally located it. Was it to be a dream capture? Not quite. It stayed in my Great Ball until the final shake. So with that over with I zipped off to Morty.

The unlikely hero was Sproggs the Dunsparce. Rollout demolished 3/4 of Morty's annoyingly uninventive Ghost themed team.

Whilst in the gym, I wondered how on Earth Topperz the Hitmontop managed to use Dig to defeat most of the ghosts in the gym. Y'know, considering it would've had to dig under the invisible floor, whatever that's made of. And if it was a platform, surely it would dig to the bottomless pit, causing it to dig itself to the beginning of the gym?

Ahh, no one cares.

EDIT: Bumped into a Shiny Raticate. Certainly did not expect that. Whether it gets a place on my team or not is still up for debate.
EDIT: Replaced Quilava with meh shiny Raticate.

;020; lvl.25 *shiny*
Shadow Ball
Scary Face
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

;232; lvl.25
Take Down
Mud-Slap
Defense Curl
Fury Attack

;216; lvl.25
Scratch
Faint Attack
Lick
Fury Swipes

;206; lvl.24
Rage
Defense Curl
Glare
Rollout

;193; lvl.24
Headbutt
Attract
Quick Attack
Double Team

;237; lvl.24
Tackle
Dizzy Punch
Dig
Swagger

Last edited:

FastTonyDeNiro

Wait....you replaced Quilava....with Raticate? What the deuce?

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
I restarted Crystal for my normal type challenge a few days ago.
I picked Totodile (Female, whoo?) as my starter, and after I caught my Hoothoot, she went to rot in the box until I need to Surf/Waterfall/Whirlpool. After training it to level five, I saved for the night. The next day, I started it up with the intent of catching my Sentret, but it froze. It froze again after I caught my Sentret, but it worked fine after I started it up again. I caught my Sentret and named her after one of my characters, even though Shiyaa's a boy ._. I was too lazy to find a boy.
Once I went through the Sprout Tower and got both my Pokemon over level ten, I challenged Falkner. I won, and ran around town for a while to hatch my egg. Then I had to go to work, so I saved and shut off.

I haven't done much in Silver. I got to Kanto, went to Saffron City and got the Psychic TM. I went to teach it to my Lugia, but accidently got rid of Aeroblast. I shut the game off and due to irritation, I haven't touched it again.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Wait....you replaced Quilava....with Raticate? What the deuce?

Well...er, they had the same menu sprite. That just wouldn't do.

And...well, my team choices are pretty wacky so it shouldn't be any surprise. I mean c'mon, I use a Dunsparce.

Well, three more badges were swiftly obtained bringing the total to seven. Much Raikou hunting occured, and thanks to good ol' hax (quick claw) it now has but a few HP left. Still can't catch it though. In fact, whilst looking for it again I found Entei, so now there's the small matter of another beast running about. Raikou was here first, though.

I would kick out Team Rocket from Goldenrod...but meh, someone else can do it.

;020; lvl.30 *shiny*
Shadow Ball
Scary Face
Icy Wind
Hyper Fang

;232; lvl.30
Take Down
Mud-Slap
Rest
Fury Attack

;217; lvl.30
Dynampicpunch
Faint Attack
Rest
Fury Swipes

;206; lvl.29
Iron Tail
Pursuit
Glare
Rollout

;193; lvl.29
Headbutt
Attract
Thief
Double Team

;237; lvl.29
Rapid Spin
Dizzy Punch
Dig
Swagger

Holo386

great rank trainer
i have all 16 badges

i even defeat red too
the jotho region took me from wednesday to sunday
in the kanto region the rest of the sunday to complete
that including defeating red

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
And...well, my team choices are pretty wacky so it shouldn't be any surprise. I mean c'mon, I use a Dunsparce.

I'm using one, too. I find them to be amazing little creatures~ Good luck with your Sparce!

As for me, I found a Dunsparce in Crystal, and managed to kill it. I need more Pokeball, too ._.

My Togepi hatched, though, so now I have three members of my Normal-Type party<3

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well compared to my previous few days I haven't really done much. That's only because I spent hours of my time looking for Raikou and Entei. Both have minimal health but refuse to co-operate. In fact once I'd kicked Team Rocket's keister I went to catch Suicune, and even though it was a still target it still took me upwards of an hour to catch in Ultra Balls. So I can only fear the worse for Raikou and Entei.

Yesterday I caught the complimentary Friday Lapras, which is now rotting in my PC as most things do these days.

And just now I defeated Clair. I went into the battle wondering who would shine. Colonel proved useless as he succumbed to two Surfs from the first Dragonair. Hercule did the job but then was fried by a couple of Thunderbolts from the next one. Buffalo proved equally useless in taking four attempts to get in a Glare, only to faint straight afterwards. But the paralysis was a stepping stone to glory for Silicon. Hax was the key, six Double Teams followed by repeated Headbutts. Paralysis, evasion and flinching. Awesome. The next Dragonair suffered as well, although it did get in a Thunder Wave and an Ice Beam.
Against Kingdra, not so good. Took down a fair chunk of its health before being Surf'd. Step up the unlikely figure of Dradell. Swaggering was the surprise strategy, causing much self inflicted pain from Kingdra in conjunction with Dizzy Punch to reward me with my eighth gym success.

Now I'm off to Dragons Den under orders of Clair. Ugh. Must be her time of the month.

;020; lvl.35 Hamelin *shiny*
Shadow Ball
Scary Face
Icy Wind
Hyper Fang

;232; lvl.34 Colonel
Take Down
Mud-Slap
Rest
Rollout

;217; lvl.35 Hercule
Dynampicpunch
Faint Attack
Rest
Fury Swipes

;206; lvl.34 Buffalo
Iron Tail
Headbutt
Glare
Rollout

;193; lvl.34 Silicon
Headbutt
Attract
Thief
Double Team

;237; lvl.34 Dradell
Rapid Spin
Dizzy Punch
Dig
Swagger

Badges: 7 (8 if not for Claire's *****iness)

popsicle

teh frozen treat

My team currently:
;148; Level 48
;157; Level 60
;246; Level 23
;018; Level 42
;130; Shiny, Level 44
;196; Level 46
_____

Red can put up a good fight. I caught Lugia Yay me! Very hard fight.

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Decided to start a new game on Crystal, purely because I haven't played it a great deal compared to Silver down the years lol.

I started with a female Chikorita, who I named Flora, and co-operated with Professor Elm by receiving the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon (naaaaame lol) and sendin it to Elm for research. However, I met the trainer on the way back to New Bark who was suspected to have stolen one of the starters from Elm. He fought me with the stolen, and clearly shaken, Cyndaquil, and I won quite comfortably. After giving my testimony of events to the Police and handing the Egg over to a grateful Elm, I headed off for my Gym quest.

I caught a few Pokemon with the help of Flora, and attempted to catch a Phanpy for my team. However, I got frustrated by their tendency to flee and gave up on adding one to my team. Eventually, me and Flora reached Violet City via Cherrygrove and Routes 30 and 31, and after defeating a number of trainers, a well earned rest was the least we deserved.

Night fell and I decided to backtrack to Route 31 for a night-time stroll. On my stroll, I encountered a Poliwag, who soon became a new addition to my team under the name of 'Tad'. After a lot of training, I unleashed Flora and Tad upon the Violet Gym full of avian Pokemon trainers. We came out tops, and after receiving the Mystery Egg from Elm's aide and exploring the nearby Ruins of Alph, we progressed towards Azalea.

More training followed, and we eventually reached Azalea via Union Cave. Team Rocket were patrolling the quaint town as if they owned the place, and I assisted the resident Kurt in giving them a lesson in not messing with the Slowpoke Tails *hyuck hyuck* :p

Team:
Flora the Bayleef - Lv18
Tad the Poliwag - Lv19
Egg - *Sounds can be heard from inside... It's about to hatch!*

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I swear, I must have picked up a Lucky Rabbits Clover the other day, because I just found a shiny Graveler whilst training in Victory Road. This is unprecedented, two shinies in the same run through? Great stuff. I'll definately use it, so unfortunately one of my team is going to have to disappear. Either Dunsparce or Donphan. Vote now!

EDIT: Well, with a heavy heart I dropped Donphan from my team. He was rather fun to use so maybe I'll alternate him back onto the team at some point.

But anywho, I managed to defeat the Elite 4. Raticate was the handiest against Will, Yanma against Koga and Bruno, Ursaring against Karen and Lance. I am now travelling to Kanto whilst waiting for my Daycare'd Paras to learn Spore in order to get those damn gerbils.

;020; lvl.41 Hamelin *shiny*
Shadow Ball
Super Fang
Icy Wind
Hyper Fang

;075; lvl.41 Colonel *shiny*
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
Sandstorm
Rollout

;217; lvl.42 Hercule
Dynampicpunch
Faint Attack
Rest
Slash

;206; lvl.40 Buffalo
Iron Tail
Headbutt
Glare
Rollout

;193; lvl.41 Silicon
Headbutt
Attract
Wing Attack
Double Team

;237; lvl.40 Dradell
Agility
Dizzy Punch
Dig
Swagger

Badges: 8

Last edited:

popsicle

teh frozen treat
I recently barely beat a Pokemon trainer with my Larvitar.
Level 29 Psyduck
Level 29 Amphoras
Beat with Level 24 Larvitar.
Sand Storm + Rock Slide = KO

Avrig

Like Wailords.
I just restarted Crystal, I haven't played it like ages.

So, I started with a girl player and Prof. Elm gave me a nice and cute Totodile girl, I named it Tutti.
I started my journey to Mr. Pokémon's house and that journey was full of Pidgeys. There were nothing else, just Pidgey, Pidgey and Pidgey. I made my way easily to Cherrygrove City with Totodile, who was already grown to level 8. I got the mapgear to my PokéGear and continued my way to Mr. Pokémon's house. I was a little surprised when Poliwag appeared, since I didn't remember that those can be already found in Route 30. For a while I thought maybe catching one as soon as I'll get some pokéballs, but njah, I already have one water type. I got the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokémon and Pokédex from Prof. Oak and I headed back to Newbark Town and Prof. Elm's laboratory.
I healed my Totodile in the Pokémon Center in Cherrygrove City and continued my way to Newbark Town, when that red-haired guy run into me. Like everybody know, it was a battle time. My Totodile easily defeated his Chikorita.
At the Newbark Town I gave Mr. Pokémon's Mystery Egg to Prof. Elm. I got some Poké Balls from Elm's aide and then I headed to the Violet City. I battled with some easy Youngsters and Bug Catchers and decide to take a look in the Dark Cave. And it surely was dark! I didn't remember that those caves were so dark back then... I encountered with Zubat, which was at lvl 2. I decide to catch it and keep it in my team.
Then I started to train my new Zubat until I saved my game.

;158; lvl. 11 Tutti, female
Tackle
Leer
Rage

;041; lvl. 10 Nyy, male
Leech Life
Supersonic

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Got a little further on my Crystal journey. I continued with just Bayleef and Poliwag in my team as I had yet to encounter any other Pokemon I wanted to include on my team up to Azalea. However, I kept the Mystery Egg on my team in the hope that it would continue to develop.

Meanwhile, I took on the Azalea Gym, which was full of bug maniacs (or Bug Catchers, as they are known...). They were easily beaten, and I challenged Bugsy to a battle. His Metapod and Kakuna were no big threat, as Bayleef and Poliwag defeated one each. Maybe he should consider evolving them, eh? Then he sent his heavy-hitter out - Scyther! Poliwag was clearly intimidated, so I acted fast by ordering a Hypnosis attack, which worked. However, it soon woke up from its trance and hacked Poliwad down with a Fury Cutter, with the next one thankfully missing. Poliwag sent it to sleep again, though and it was plain sailing from then on. The Hive Badge was in the bag.

Thereafter, the Egg so shrouded in mystery hatched as a female Togepi, who I named Jovi. On the way to the Ilex Forest, my rival stopped me for another battle in which I proudly won. I noticed clear disdain and fear from his Pokemon, yet they were obliged to obey his orders. Either way, I made it through the Ilex Forest, where I helped the Charcoal Master and his apprentice find their Farfetch'd, and I received Cut for my troubles. On I went, training my new Togepi as I went along with the frustrating yet equally rewarding Metronome at its disposal. Eventually, I reached Goldenrod, and was happy to take a break.

Current Team:
Flora the Bayleef - Lv20
Tad the Poliwag - Lv20
Jovi the Togepi - Lv12

Last edited:

popsicle

teh frozen treat
Lucky me lucky me!!!! Woot woot!
I got Pokerus from fighting a Ditto! I have infected most pokes. =D And I got Gastly to level 30, now Haunter. And Larvitar Level 28/29.

Status
Not open for further replies.