• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Little was accomplished today. Got the Power Plant working and caught Snorlax but not much else. Still wondering why Yanma can't learn Fly or Steel Wing, or why Hitmontop still doesn't know any Fighting type attacks. Should probably check on Paras soon.

EDIT: Beat Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge and Erika, whilst failing to catch Entei and Raikou once more. Paras with Quick Claw helps, though.

;020; lvl.49 Hamelin *shiny*
Shadow Ball
Super Fang
Icy Wind
Hyper Fang

;076; lvl.49 Colonel *shiny*
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
Sandstorm
Rollout

;217; lvl.49 Hercule
Dynampicpunch
Earthquake
Rest
Slash

;206; lvl.48 Buffalo
Iron Tail
Headbutt
Zap Cannon
Rollout

;193; lvl.48 Silicon
Toxic
Attract
Wing Attack
Double Team

;237; lvl.49 Dradell
Triple Kick
Dizzy Punch
Dig
Swagger

Badges: 16

Last edited:

Avrig

Like Wailords.
I have Chikorita in my team now! I named her Lavender. I continued my journey and took a quick look to Ruins Of Alph. There I made the first puzzle and encounter with a couple Unowns. I trained my pokémons a bit in Sprout Tower with trainers in there, I focused on my Zubat. At the first, I used some Supersonic to make opponents confused and then some Leech Life. Training Zubat was a bit slow, but definitely worthy, it learned Bite : ). I also trained my Chikorita to level 8 and she learned Razor Leaf. I also got the HM 05 and met my rival.

Then I headed to the Violet Gym. Gym trainers were easily defeated with my Totodile and I took on the Gym Leader, Falkner. I used my Chikorita at the first, since she needed more experince and were the lowest level in my party, only at level 8. Falkner's Pidgey were a bit hard to defeat with Chikorita, but she won and gained a level 9. I change Chikorita to my Totodile and then Falkner send his Pidgeotto to the battle. The battle wasn't very interesting: Falkner's Pidgeotto fainted after two Water Guns. The Zephyr Badge is now mine, yay.

Prof. Elm called me and I talked to his aide in Pokémon Center. He gave me the Mystery Egg and I decide to kept it in my team waiting for hatch. I headed to the Route 32 and had some trainer battles there. I also search some new pokémon in a tall grass, but I didn't found anything I wanted to my team. I registered Fisher Ralph's and Picnicker Liz's phone numbers to my PokéGear. Ralph already phone me about Qwilfishes, but I just got the Old Rod, so... I reached to Route 32's Pokémon Center.

;158; Tutti lvl 15, female
- Tackle
- Leer
- Rage
- Water Gun

;041; Nyy lvl 14, male
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite

;152; Lavender lvl 12, female
- Tackle
- Growl
- Razor Leaf
- Reflect

popsicle

teh frozen treat
I restarted my game! =O
I chose Totodile named it Splash, traveled onward got Splash to Level 9. Battled Rival (Chickorita :L 5) beat Rival Silver with Splash move "Rage". Went to Prof. Elm, gave him Mystery Egg. Talked to Police Officer, continued onward. Caught Level 4 Pidgey, named it Tatsu. Got Tatsu to Level 9 by beating 2 trainers on route 30. And switched over to training Splash. Now Level 10. Beat bug kid on route 30/31. Right now on route 31 reading sign saying "Route 31," "Violet City - Cherrygrove City. No shines yet. =/

Current team:
;016;
Tatsu/Pidgey Level 9,
Male

Moves:
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Gust

;158;
Splash/Totodile Level 10,
Male

Moves:
Scratch
Leer
Rage

Edit: Caught Bellsprout and Hoothoot. Not sure if I'm going to use Bellsprout or Hoothoot.

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Upon reaching Goldenrod on my Crystal playthrough, I backtracked to the Daycare Centre where I received an Odd egg from the generous couple. After a little training in the underground path, receiving my bike (on an initial loan basis), and taking in the sights of Goldenrod, I challenged the Gym, which I beat with relative ease. Poliwag constantly pushed Whitney's Clefairy back with jets of Water Gun, while Bayleef surprisingly threw Miltank aside easily. I have found Miltank to be a tricky opponent in my previous playthroughs, but this time she was not such a difficult adversary.

So I gratefully received my Plain Badge after having to persuade a sobbing Whitney to hand it over, and I continued onwards to Ecruteak. Togepi underwent more training on the way, with Metronome continuing to frustrate most of the time, but she has yet to evolve. Either way, I persuaded the Florist of Goldenrod to give me a Squirtlebottle, which I eventually used to awaken the obstructing Sudowoodo, who I caught during a battle.

Current Team:
Flora the Bayleef - Lv24
Tad the Poliwag - Lv23
Jovi the Togepi - Lv18

popsicle

teh frozen treat
Upon route 31 I traveled into the Bellsprout tower. I beat everyone with ease. After use my escape rope in front of the sage I was out of the tower. I challenged Flanker (OR whatever his name is) I beat them with ease. Then Splash evolved. I continued to Azela town. During which I caught a Wooper and Sandshrew. Beat all the Team Rocket grunts fast. And now I traveled back to the ruins for training. I put Wooper into my PC and kept Sandshrew. I found a Mareep, I decided to catch it, but when I tried to get Mareep to low hp is fainted with a Critical hit. I ran into Wooper fainted it. And then a Mareep showed up I caught it. Now I'm looking for the person who lets me know when Dusparence, (Spelled wrong =/).

Team!

;016;
Tatsu/Pidgey Level 13
Male

Moves, Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust

;027;
San/Sandshrew Level 10
Female

Moves, Scratch, Defense Curl

;179;
Thunder/Mareep Level 6
Male

Moves, Tackle, Growl

;159;
Splash/Croconaw Level 18
Male

Moves, Scratch, Leer, Rage, Water Gun

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I recently restarted my second Gold cartridge. (Why do I have two of 'em? Don't ask xD). I started with my favourite, Totodile, and am progressing very quickly through the game. I'm currently in Goldenrod City preparing to take on Whitney and her Miltank. Gotta have plenty of revives for that, I'm sure!

Team so far:

;159; Bubba (Croconaw, m) --- Level 21
;180; Jewel (Ampharos, f) --- Level 19
;017; Feathers (Pidgeotto, m) --- Level 20
;041; Stella (Zubat, f) --- Level 16
;123; Sky (Scyther, m) --- Level 15

I will add a sixth team member once the Togepi egg hatches and I can put ole Togi in my PC. ;175;

Avrig

Like Wailords.
I've now won Azalea's Gym Leader Bugsy. He was easy one and he's Metapod and Kakuna were great training to my Zubat, which will soon evolve! I dealt Bugsy's Scyther with my Totodile, which got level 18 after the battle and evolved into Croconaw! Yay! Sadly my Bayleef didn't get any experience from that gym battle.

I went to Pokémon Center and recovered my pokémons back to normal. Then I headed to Ilex Forest, when my nasty rival run into me and wanted some battle. His Gastly got hard times with my Zubat, and that Gastly were soon defeated by Bite attack. Then he called his Zubat in the battle against my one. My Zubat won again with Bites and Supersonic. Now he had only his Bayleef left and I decide to call my Zubat back and let my Bayleef to battle this one. It was interesting, because his and my Bayleef were exactly at the same level. My Bayleef won and I showed off to that guy.

I continued my journey in Ilex Forest and met some guy, who had lost Farfetch'd. I helped him to found it and received HM01, Cut. Then I realized a one problem: I don't have any HM-slave yet. I first caught Rattata and then noticed that it can't learn Cut :'D. I had some luck and encountered to Paras in Ilex Forest and caught it. He's now my Cut-slave, yay.
I continued my way to Goldenrod City.

;159; Tutti, lvl 19, female
- Tackle
- Leer
- Rage
- Water Gun

;041; Nyy, lvl 19, male
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite
- Confuse Ray

;153; Lavender, lvl 17, female
- Tackle
- Poisonpowder
- Razor Leaf
- Reflect

Last edited:

raganbaby_6

Slavophile and hockey fan
Yesterday-
Played (during the NASCAR race from Bristol) most of the afternoon; and I hadn't played in a while!

• Beat Pryce
    Got through the Ice Path (which btw was MUCH more difficult than in G/S) and arrived in Blackthorn
    Beat Team Rocket during their Goldenrod Radio Tower takeover (got Clear Bell too)
    Defeated Clair and the trainers in the Dragon's Den
    Arrived in Kanto
    Defeated the E4 in one go! (Kyle Busch won the race while I was doing this)
    Got the ship and Magnet Train working
    Beat Blaine
    and last... Caught Suicune

Today, I only beat Brock.

Off to go play some more (hear Clefairy shows up at Mt Moon.)

Blazing Charmander

I've done a fair bit on my Crystal file. As an indication of my progress, I have made it to Olivine and added a couple of Pokemon to my team.

I spent quite a while in and around Ecruteak, mostly training my Pokemon. However, I also awakened the Legendary dogs within Burned Tower, vanquished my Rival once again, and conquered Ecruteak Gym as well as the Kimono girls in the Dance theatre. The gym was simple with the help of my newly evolved Poliwhirl, who I taught Surf.

With all this done, I made my way east in order to reach Olivine, and my Pokemon received a lot more training as a result. Upon reaching Olivine, I headed straight for the Lighthouse, where more training was undertaken, and I encountered Jasmine who was tending to a sick Ampharos. I have promised her that i'll cross the sea to Cianwood in order to get some SecretPotion for the Ampharos.

Current Team:
Flora the Bayleef - Lv28
Tad the Poliwhirl - Lv28
Jovi the Togepi - Lv24 (still not evolved!)
Spike the Eevee - Lv22 (planning to evolve into Jolteon once I get a Thunderstone)
Sensei the Tyrogue - Lv12 (in-training)

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
On my Gold, I defeated the Elite Four so that Ash/Red would appear in Mt.Silver, then I challenged him in order to train my Level 5 Dratini. :)

Blazing Charmander

I've had a mass playthrough of Crystal today, which has carried me from Cianwood to Mahogany Town.

I began by training my Tyrogue a little, which proved to be extremely difficult, and then I took on Cianwood Gym. I had no super-effective Pokemon at the time, but I still managed to come out tops in the end. Saying that as well, I did have my Bayleef whose Razor Leaf provided the ammunition to take down Chuck's Poliwrath.

After I received the StormBadge, I trained Togepi a little, who I was a little concerned about due to her not evolving yet. However, these concerns were soon qwelled because after one level up to Lv26, she finally evolved to Togetic. Patience was obviously the key to her evolution here lol. Togetic was also instrumental in the defeat of Jasmine for my 6th Badge, as she took down her first Magnemite. Bayleef defeated the second, while Poliwhirl drenched Steelix.

On my way to Mahogany, I continued training Tyrogue very slowly, but all the hard work finally paid off near the entrance to Mahogany as he grew to Lv20 during a battle against a Hiker, and ultimately evolved to Hitmontop! On the Eevee front, i'm still waiting for Lass Dana to find me a Thunderstone, and if that fails, i'll wait for him to reach max happiness and let him evolve into either Espeon or Umbreon.

Current team:
Flora the Bayleef - Lv31
Tad the Poliwhirl - Lv30
Jovi the Togetic - Lv27
Spike the Eevee - Lv24
Sensei the Hitmontop - Lv20

Orphee

no need to be upset
Restarted Crystal
Picked Chikorita as my Starter
Delivered the Egg to Elm after defeat Silver
Caught a Phanpy and trained it
Caught a shiny Poliwag
Defeated all the sages in the Tower, and received Flash
Caught a Growlithe and trained it to solo Falkner

Team
Bayleef Lv 20
Phanpy Lv 15
Growlithe Lv 18
Poliwag Lv 20

Larry

Well I just picked up my Gold for the first time in months and continued searching for Chinchou for my Water type monotype challengge. Finally after an hour I found one!
Then I went through the lighthouse training chinchou.
Now I am on my way to Cinnawood for the secret medecin.
My current Party:

Feraligatr lv 31
Slowpoke lv 31
Chinchou lv 23

I plan on adding Tentacruel and Gyrados to my party to finish it up.

.VALO.

Well I've been playing Crystal on my phone for a few weeks now, just playing a bit at a time and it's made it last a hell of a long time to be honest. Don't really wanna post all of my events up until now so I'll summarise yesterday's:

- I sent my save file across to my laptop as I felt like playing it on a big screen.
- Resumed my game in the Ice Path and continued levelling up my Pokés.
- Went to the Pokécenter and healed when they all hit 38.
- Beat all the trainers in Blackthorn Gym and healed my Pokés again.
- Took Clair on and steam rolled her with my Togetic.
- Went through Dragon's Den, got an Extremespeed Dratini and my 8th badge.
- Got the Master Ball off Professor Elm
- Went out hunting for Raikou, it said on the Dex that it was in the same area as me but I found Entei for some reason and ended up catching that instead.
- I deposited my former HM slave Noctowl and replaced it with my red Gyarados and taught it Waterfall, Rock Smash and Whirlpool.
- Surfed across from New Bark town, went through Tohjo Falls, got Sandstorm, beat the first trainer and saved.
- Sent my file back across to my phone and haven't continued yet.

My statistics at this point in time are:

Trainer: .VALO.
Pokédex: 77 Caught
Badges: 8
Time: 31:47
Team:

Wolverine/Togetic lv 39
STINGAHHHH/Beedrill lv 38
Keith/Typhlosion lv 38
BTL SHITS/Ditto lv 40
Achmed/Poliwhirl (WHEN IS TULLY GONNA RING ME WITH THAT WATER STONE!?) lv 39

And my HM slave Gyarados lv 30.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
You see....

I was going to train my mew on silver, but guess what?
My silver died! I'm heartbroken! that was the first version i ever completed by myself! I'm sads now...... i'm loging out.....;355;

benjasuper

master of pain
just started a new file on crystal started and named my character benji .

i was sent upon a task from dr. elm who gave me his chikorita wich i called LEAF . i got an egg from mr .pokemon and the pokedex from dr. oak . i was returning to dr.elm and i struggeled into a boy named silverr (accidently typed it wrong ) . he had an cyndaquil wich he stole from dr.elm o_O .

i deliver the egg . and i get on my quest to be the best pokemaster . i go 2 seconds in the field and i find a shiny sentret. not going to be in my team though . i catch an hoothoot called VISION and evolve my chikorita into an bayleef . i defeat volkner with ease cuz hoothoot 2hko'ed every poke in his gym.

going on to azelea town defeating bugsy and saving the slowpokes . going trough ilex forest and saving a farfetch'd . catching an hm slave paras. arriving at goldenrod city and receiving the odd eg who turned out to be a magby called XOBY. i also bought an cubone called B.B. . explored the city and went to the bug catching contest where i catched an pinsir called SCISSORS ending 3rd . thats where i stopped

current team:
LEAF the bayleef lv 21
VISION the noctowl lv 22
XOBY the magby lv 21
B.B. the cubone lv 15
SCISSORS the pinsir lv 14

well see ya

bulb182

I am currently training for Jasmine(cant wait to teach Raichu Iron Tail), i defeated the rocket hideout esily (rocket grunts are booring, i wish they had more unpredictable teams..) and am now thinking of a good fire type to train up...

Althought i might just use Bulbasaur for Steelix and just teach Raichu Dig to deal with her 2 Magnemite...

Any thoughts?

Edit: Also planning to evolve Staryu soon

**See my sig for my team**

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well, I picked Crystal back up after a month's hiatus. I've actually beaten all the gym leaders for a while.

And, I went to Red...and, well, his Espeon destroyed me. So I'm deep in training, hopefully to get at least level 60 everyone. Training is going moderately well so far.

I also have force-bred Hamelin and Buffalo in order to get some Shiny Dunsparce offspring but so far, no luck. Some day all this getting laid will pay off.

No luck with Entei, either.

;020; lvl.50 Hamelin *shiny*
Shadow Ball
Super Fang
Icy Wind
Hyper Fang

;076; lvl.50 Colonel *shiny*
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
Sandstorm
Rollout

;217; lvl.50 Hercule
Dynampicpunch
Earthquake
Rest
Slash

;206; lvl.50 Buffalo
Iron Tail
Headbutt
Zap Cannon
Rollout

;193; lvl.49 Silicon
Toxic
Attract
Wing Attack
Double Team

;237; lvl.49 Dradell
Triple Kick
Dizzy Punch
Dig
Swagger

Badges: 16

bulb182

Todays progress:

For some reason i just wandered around aimlessly looking for new pokemon, didnt find anything i really wanted on my team but filled up my box nonetheless.
Changed to box 3

Went to Olivine Gym, realised i forgot to give Jasmine the secretpotion, rushed up to give it her and then went back down to train my Pidgeotto in the sea (i like to have my leader at least 2 levels higher than the rest of my team)

Will teach raichu Dig as soon as i get to a pokemon centre and get the TM out of my PC

Then it's off to the gym!

Edit: I just found out Raichu CAN'T learn Dig! I allways thought he could =/

Thinking of a new tactic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.