• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulb182

Taught Raichu Mud-Slap instead, win.

Unfortunatly had to forget the allmighty Dizzy Punch to make room =(

Mud-Slap will probably be a one battle thing as i plan to teach him Iron Tail the minute i defeat Jasmine, should make Pryce easy to beat.

Also taught Bulbasaur Giga Drain ready to beat Steelix
This will be the first gym battle where i havent used Pidgeotto.

Note:
I transfered a load of TM's from My old Silver game (i was up to 15 badges and got bored so decided to restart) as well as a few other usefull items such as stones and Max potions.

Edit:
Taught Raichu Mud-Slap. raichu easily defeated the Magnemite despite being paralyzed and confused, bulbasaur then got steelix to past half health but was knocked out by a critical hit iron tail! I sent Staryu out and it defeated Steelix witha single Bubblebeam.
Note to self - Staryu vs Steel types = Win

I decided to keep Mud-Slap in Raichu's move set and replace Slam with Iron tail.

Next up, explore some caves and possibly evolve Staryu.

Last edited:

Metamence

Well I know I've posted here already, but I started a new game on Silver.. Just set the time and date..Got a Totodile from Elm..
Apologies, but I'll be posting some stuff that seem hacked, which are, since I'm too lazy to chuck balls at Pokémon for hours.. But I'll try to be legit..

bulb182

Just been spending my time exploring caves for items/pokemon/levelling up

Captured Lapras in Union Cave but decided that i dont want/need a sixth member of my team (for now anyway)

Also defeated Pryce with Raichu's iron tail, thunderpunch and thunderbolt

Taught Staryu Icy Wind.

Just got a caal from Prof. Elm saying there has been trouble with radio broadcasts so i'm just stopping at Goldenrod pokecenter getting ready to go kick some rocket ***!

Orphee

no need to be upset
defeated the E4 with my awesome team now I will make some changes on it (more pokemon for the kanto region)
Meganium Lv 54
Arcanine Lv 53
Poliwrath Lv 55
Donphan Lv 54
Dragonite Lv 56
Espeon Lv 52

Alloute

Not Banned
Hey everyone!!!

My Gold is dead but Silver and Crystal are fine, I just completed my National Dex on Silver today, yup all 251 Pokemon!! WOOT WOOT!

Nintho

Fire Pokemon Tamer
lol congrats i never completed a pokedex too lazy :p

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well after realising my Silver might die at any moment, I decided to play at least one more time.

-Started, named Silver, rival Gold (Creative much?), chose Chikorita and Cyndaquil (Starter glitch), and trained to lvl 8.
-Went to Mr. Pokemon's House, and got the PokeDex.
-Got called by Elm, went back, walked all over Gold, and talked to the 5-0.
-Trained a little more on the way to Violet City, and caught a Zubat and a Geodude.
-Trained them all up to lvl 15, and went to Falkner.
-Had no trouble with him, even used Cyndaquil for a challenge.
-Healed, got the Egg, and went south, skipping all trainers.
-Went to see Kurt, and went to Slowpoke Well. Caught a Slowpoke.
-Trained Slowpoke up to lvl 15, and forget to beat the Sprout Tower.
-Trained some more, healed, and saved.

Chikorita lvl 16 - Razor Leaf/Tackle/Poison Powder/Reflect
Cyndaquil lvl 16 - Ember/Tackle/Smokescreen/Leer
Geodude lvl 16 - Rock Throw/Tackle/Defense Curl
Zubat lvl 16 - Bite/Leech Life/Supersonic
Slowpoke lvl 16 - Water Gun/Tackle/Curse/Growl

Freakin' Youngster Joey has called me more times since I got his number than anyone has called me in Emerald in the last year.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well after realising my Silver might die at any moment, I decided to play at least one more time.

-Started, named Silver, rival Gold (Creative much?), chose Chikorita and Cyndaquil (Starter glitch), and trained to lvl 8.
-Went to Mr. Pokemon's House, and got the PokeDex.
-Got called by Elm, went back, walked all over Gold, and talked to the 5-0.
-Trained a little more on the way to Violet City, and caught a Zubat and a Geodude.
-Trained them all up to lvl 15, and went to Falkner.
-Had no trouble with him, even used Cyndaquil for a challenge.
-Healed, got the Egg, and went south, skipping all trainers.
-Went to see Kurt, and went to Slowpoke Well. Caught a Slowpoke.
-Trained Slowpoke up to lvl 15, and forget to beat the Sprout Tower.
-Trained some more, healed, and saved.

Chikorita lvl 16 - Razor Leaf/Tackle/Poison Powder/Reflect
Cyndaquil lvl 16 - Ember/Tackle/Smokescreen/Leer
Geodude lvl 16 - Rock Throw/Tackle/Defense Curl
Zubat lvl 16 - Bite/Leech Life/Supersonic
Slowpoke lvl 16 - Water Gun/Tackle/Curse/Growl

Freakin' Youngster Joey has called me more times since I got his number than anyone has called me in Emerald in the last year.

raganbaby_6

Slavophile and hockey fan
Played a little Crystal (while listening to an online radio show), and beat Blue, which was the final leader I had to beat.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Brought a new copy of Silver and Crystal cause my old crystal and gold has gone, going to get Gold on Friday ^^

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
My crystal works perfectly, my silver doesnt after re starting

Anyway, I choose Girl, Debbie, Set the clock, and begun the game I got my pokemon gear and then headed to the lab, i choose Cyndaquil and nicknamed him Volcano, after training him to L10 i made it to Mr Pokemon house, grabbed my pokedex and the egg, healed and raced back to the Lab, beating my rival easily in the process. My Rival's name is Richard and then i handed the egg to Prof Elm. I headed to my mums and asked her to help with saving money, i headed up R29 and beat only a couple of trainers which were unavoidable.

I've now made it to Alzea Town and now pondering what my team will be, may contain Togetic and an Eevolution though.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
-Trained the whole team to lvl 20
-Dropped Zubat in favor of a Pidgey, stupid thing doesn't learn a STAB until lvl 28, and I'm not waiting that long.
-Trained Pidgey up to lvl 20, beating all Gym trainers.
-Pidgey had no trouble with Bugsy, as Gust was a OHKO on Metapod and Kakuna, while a 2HKO on Scyther.
-Went through Ilex Forest, wasted 2 PokeBalls and a Fast Ball on a Paras, caught an Oddish for a Slave.
-Got TM for Headbutt and Sweet Scent along the way.
-Skipped trainers, and explored Goldenrod a little.
-Healed, and went to the Gym.
-Geodude made quick work of Whitney, as it 2HKO'd Clefairy and 3HKO'd Miltank. I hate how Whitney cries *pushes Whitney*
-Healed, and saved.
-Gonna train all to lvl 25, where everyone except Slowpoke will evolve.
-Also planning on nicknames, so if you've got any, feel free to PM me.

Chikorita (M) lvl 22 - Razor Leaf/Tackle/PoisonPowder/Reflect
Cyndaquil (M) lvl 22 - Ember/Quick Attack/Tackle/Sand-Attack
Slowpoke (M) lvl 22 - Confusion/Water Gun/Tackle/Curse
Geodude (M) lvl 22 - Rock Throw/Magnitude/Tackle/Selfdestruct
Pidgey (M) lvl 22 - Gust/Quick Attack/Tackle/Whirlwind

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
With Heart Gold and Soul Silver announced I decided to start a new game on Gold. I do have silver but however. I also started up Crystal see if the game works it does work it is just I have to start a new game everytime I turn it on so it is useless.

Anyway my progress on Pokemon Gold is:
Team:
Chikorita level 11
Geodude- level 11
Rattatta- level 7
Zubat- level 3
Spinarak- level 4
HootHoot level 4

I've recently caught:
Sentret- level 3
Pidgey- level 4
caterpie- level 5

I'm recently raising all of my pokemon to level 11 before I face falkner. I also named my character Cynder and my rival's name is Paul.

Update:
I've arrived at Azela town beat the rockets, gym leader, and the rival and togepi hatched from the egg.

My current team:
Rattatta level 12
Chikorita- level 15
HootHoot- level 16
Pidgey- level 9
Furret- level 15
Butterfree- level 11

Recently caught:
Gastly
Wooper
Mareep- Coming Soon
Togepi

Then Next stop is Goldenrod City.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
For the excitement of HGSS, I've replaced the batteries in Silver and started playing.

I chose Totodile (Called it Jeff. I think it's fitting), and set off enslaving as many different species as I can find.
I had a few problems with anything with poison sting (it's change of poison must be 5,000,000 for cpus), and sprout tower ate all my potions. It's hard without a cyndaquil, but I did it.
Falkner was easy, and I managed to catch a Hoppip (I don't remember them being rare) and decided to call it... Ness. I think I've decided on a theme now.
Once Hoppip had Tackle, I blasted my way through Union Cave, though I had trouble with Geodudes. Why has Hoppip got no grass moves? Slowpoke well was little trouble, though I had to go and heal a lot. Guess what, smog always poisons too!
Bugsy was the most dificult thing by far. Metapod was easy, but Kakuna had... POISON STING! After defeating that, Ness became level 17 and learnt sleep powder, but Scyther killed me 5 times, but I eventually defeated it. I hate fury cutter too.
I went through Ilex forest, got headbutt, taught it Ness, then doubled back to New Bark town to show togepi to Elm and get myself a heracross. Called it Flint, taught it fury cutter.

Team:
Jeff l21 ;159; Scratch, water gun, rage, bite.
Ness l18 ;188; Headbutt, synthesis, sleep powder, poisonpowder
Flint l10 ;214; Fury cutter and uh, I forgot what else...

Badges:2, Location: New Bark

Calm PokeMaster

Re-play of Gold

Man,I never thought I would enjoy an old game this much.This is my FOURTH playthrough of this game.I just LOVE it.I am also prctising for HG SS.Right now I am in Ecruteak city with a team that would be considered Over-Leveled for the E4's levels.

1.Quilava Lv. 30

2.Ampharos Lv.30

3.Pidgeotto Lv. 30

4.Espeon Lv. 30

Man....The E4 are going to recieve a sound THRASHING from me.Especially Lance with his three illegally evolved Dragonite....

Calm PokeMaster

For the excitement of HGSS, I've replaced the batteries in Silver and started playing.

I chose Totodile (Called it Jeff. I think it's fitting), and set off enslaving as many different species as I can find.
I had a few problems with anything with poison sting (it's change of poison must be 5,000,000 for cpus), and sprout tower ate all my potions. It's hard without a cyndaquil, but I did it.
Falkner was easy, and I managed to catch a Hoppip (I don't remember them being rare) and decided to call it... Ness. I think I've decided on a theme now.
Once Hoppip had Tackle, I blasted my way through Union Cave, though I had trouble with Geodudes. Why has Hoppip got no grass moves? Slowpoke well was little trouble, though I had to go and heal a lot. Guess what, smog always poisons too!
Bugsy was the most dificult thing by far. Metapod was easy, but Kakuna had... POISON STING! After defeating that, Ness became level 17 and learnt sleep powder, but Scyther killed me 5 times, but I eventually defeated it. I hate fury cutter too.
I went through Ilex forest, got headbutt, taught it Ness, then doubled back to New Bark town to show togepi to Elm and get myself a heracross. Called it Flint, taught it fury cutter.

Team:
Jeff l21 ;159; Scratch, water gun, rage, bite.
Ness l18 ;188; Headbutt, synthesis, sleep powder, poisonpowder
Flint l10 ;214; Fury cutter and uh, I forgot what else...

Badges:2, Location: New Bark

That is some detailed training Info

Calm PokeMaster

With Heart Gold and Soul Silver announced I decided to start a new game on Gold. I do have silver but however. I also started up Crystal see if the game works it does work it is just I have to start a new game everytime I turn it on so it is useless.

Anyway my progress on Pokemon Gold is:
Team:
Chikorita level 11
Geodude- level 11
Rattatta- level 7
Zubat- level 3
Spinarak- level 4
HootHoot level 4

I've recently caught:
Sentret- level 3
Pidgey- level 4
caterpie- level 5

I'm recently raising all of my pokemon to level 11 before I face falkner. I also named my character Cynder and my rival's name is Paul.

Update:
I've arrived at Azela town beat the rockets, gym leader, and the rival and togepi hatched from the egg.

My current team:
Rattatta level 12
Chikorita- level 15
HootHoot- level 16
Pidgey- level 9
Furret- level 15
Butterfree- level 11

Recently caught:
Gastly
Wooper
Mareep- Coming Soon
Togepi

Then Next stop is Goldenrod City.

Even I am playing Gold again.It syddenly seems more fun!

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
I might start a new game on Silver too. Since my last post Here is my Current Progress

Team:
Noctowl: Level 20- Evolved Today
Rattata: Level 15
BayLeef: Level 17
Furret: Level 16
Butterfree: Level 16
Geodude: Level 12

Recently Caught:
Scyther: Level 14- caught Scyther in the last 3 minutes on the contest
Pinsir: Level 14- Caught Today within the first minuet
Ditto: level 10
Sandshrew: level 6
Mareep: level 6

I am currently raising Geodude to battle whitney. And pidgey is now level 10. None of my other pokemon's level has changed yet. Hopefully I'll get around to that.

Next Targets:
Growlithe
Sunkern
Stantler
Lapras- I need to get a move on if I want to cath this one this week.

I think that is it for now.

Update:
Done quite a bit. My Team Now is
Team:
Flaafy: Level 24
Growlithe: Level 19
BayLeef: Level 22
Furret: Level 20
Noctowl: Level 29
Scyther: Level 16

Made some changes in my team.

Other Level ups:
Geodude- Now evolved into Graveller: level 25
Butterfree: Level 18
Rattatta: Level 17

Recently Caught:
Mantine Level 20
Lapras: Level 20
Growlithe(2): Level 14
Stantler: level 15
Spinarak: level 15
Magmar: Level 14
Sunkern: Level 12
Onix: Level 23

New Targets:
Nidoran(female)
Nidoran(Male)
Abra

I arrived in Olivine City and took care of the trainers at the light house and now I'm heading to Cianwood
Badges: 4

Last edited:

.VALO.

Well I've been putting in a good few hours every day on my Crystal, I tend to get really blazed and just play for hours straight..

In order:

- Trained my Pokés up some more levels and defeated Misty for my 13th badge
- Battled Sabrina for my 14th badge
- Battled Blaine for my 15th badge
- Battled Blue for my 16th and final badge
- Trained up my Pokés some more and replaced Socks the Typhlosion with Spitroast the Magby which I bred
- Replaced BTL SHITS the Ditto with a Porygon called Munchies
- Added an Aerodactyl called Keith that I bred to the team bringing it to a full 6
- Tully finally rang me and told me had something so I got the water stone and evolved Achmed the Poliwhirl
- Trained Keith to level 50, Spitroast evolved to Magmar at 30 is currently level 30 and Munchies is 20
- Organised my items and stored some in the PC, saved and plan on continuing later tonight

Team at this point in time:

Keith/Aerodactyl lv 50
STINGAHHHH/Beedrill lv 58
Achmed/Poliwrath lv 56
Wolverine/Togetic lv 56
Spitroast/Magmar lv 30
Munchies/Porygon lv 20

Badges: 16
Pokédex: 95 caught

Well that's all for now anyways.

Last edited:

Calm PokeMaster

I made a lot of progress in this fourth play-through of Gold since my last post.

I am in Ecruteak.

My Pokemon are all Lv. 35(No cheats,just hard overlevelling)

Here is my team.

Quilava,Lapras,Ampharos,Alakazam,Golem and Machamp.

I am going to thrash the E4 like mad..............

Status
Not open for further replies.