• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G/S remake adaptaion?

Rex Kamex

If you think about it though, May and Brendan's clothes in in games did switch to a green color scheme in Emerald version, but instead of using those designs he gave them different clothes. Red's clothes however do not change between FRLG and HGSS, at all. There is no reason to change his clothes or even make them a different shade.

But he did use those designs. But then he used those designs with different color schemes. That's why the way Ruby and Sapphire are wearing one thing in volumes 20~22 is different from the way they look in volume 28.

Which is why I think Red's color scheme could change, at least a little bit.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Well, I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree

Maybe they could base it off the Celebi event in HG/SS where you travel back in time.
I'm getting sick of Giovanni though, but maybe it'll have something to do with Silver

Even though Giovanni and Silver are my favorite characters, I think the chapters in the FRLG arc are enough for awhile. While I think it would be interesting to show, I wouldn't want it to be the main plot line. (or one of them at least)

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'm going to speculate that the HG/SS Saga could be based off of Arceus and the Shinto Ruins. Given that they never REALLY worked with the Radio Tower heist, they could have the new Rocket Admins attempt to grab Giovanni and have him help them nab Arceus too. Meanwhile, I can see Giovanni and Silver having the talk and parting ways in this Arc, Giovanni claiming now that his son wants nothing to do with Team Rocket he will go into complete exile (the cave).

Still wondering about how Kotone works into it, or if Dia and Pearl will show up.

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
Hey, why do you guys think Red is at the hot springs? Unless another incodent happened with his hands again. I'm getting confussed with Red now, but Green still seems the same to me.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
I'm interested in how they're going to treat Kotone

(1) they ignore her completely... which is unlikely
(2) they turn her into Kris, but they would have to come up with a very good reason why she would dress up in such ridiculous clothes
(3) they downgrade Kris to a minor character and somehow transfer Meganium to Kotone, and they would have to rename Kotone to Heart or Soul because all the other characters have names from the games

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
This could just be me talking here.

But, I would like to see if they add Ruby into this arc, After all, Goldenrod is his hometown.

Perhaps Kotone could be an old friend of Ruby's, who knows? it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility

(and sorry if anyone already stated this, Idid not read the entire thread)

Maybe Kotone's the reason Ruby isnt going all out on Sapphire like he should be. There has to be some kind of reason why he was really against moving to Hoenn, unless Im forgetting something.

I honestly think every main character's going to show up in Johto and fight Arceus. Or maybe there'd just be a legendary war seeing as how so many legendaries got added to HGSS.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I think too all the dexholders will be fighthing against arceus but they don't need a new dexholder so there is no reason for and crys will stay a dexholder why would she give her meganium away that would be a major fault. The dexholders have the name of the games they represents and Gold and silver represent the remakes and the old ones just like leafgreen and firered. Kotone is the anime name of the female character but it's only for anime it doesn't mean she's gonna appear the the manga blue didn't appear in the anime and is an main character in the manga and she isn't replaced when leafgreen and firered came out, it would only be a waiste to put a new dexholder in the story there are already too many dexholders 13 is enough I think.

Last edited:

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Hard to say. What I've heard from HG/SS spoilers indicate Kotone's role in the games seems v. similar to what Kris already does in manga (assist the Profs), enough that she could just swap clothes and continue as a main Dex Holder w/out disrupting story flow. After all, Blue changed outfit and hairdo...
OTOH we've had a starter change owners permantly and a focused chara move out of spotlight in favor of someone new (Wally's Sceptile retconned to Emerald). So it is not beyond poss for Kris' Meganium to get transfered to a new girl. It wld be an adjustment for readers, and I wish they won't go that route again. It was difficult enough for Rald to gain acceptance in fandom esp given the awkward way ownership changed hands. Wally wasn't around anywhere near as long as Kris and ppl were shocked by his departing, some still want him back. Here just speculating on Kris and Kotone has led to one of the most active threads w/ strong opinions around.
But in the end, fan loyalty doesn't hold much sway in manga. We buy it, sure, but we don't control plot. I have no idea what will happen. I'd like for Kris to stay a main chara, and Kotone to have a minor role. Healing D-Vision suggested her as old friend of Ruby from his childhood in Goldenrod. Not only is that plausible but it seems a good compromise to have both girls appear in saga. I think they will just go w/ Kris changes clothes b/c it's an easy tho frumpy design to incomperate. And I worry that Kris will be Wally-ized and vanish forever but that seems the longest shot to me.

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
Guys, I think that the new Team Rocket executives, or maybe even the Beast Trio, will be targeting to get Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza from the Hidden Tower, and Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina from the Shinto Ruins. A good quote can be "Team Rocket will finish off what the Teams (Aqua, Magma, and Galactic) of other regions couldn't do".

What do you think?

Rex Kamex

I dunno if Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza will be in this arc, since Lugia and Ho-oh weren't in the Fr/Lg arc.

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
I dunno if Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza will be in this arc, since Lugia and Ho-oh weren't in the Fr/Lg arc.

Yeah, but it could be a good plan for the Rockets. With the power of the Hoenn and Sinnoh legends, they could possibly...Rule the world!

I'm personally hoping that Kotone will be a her own character with her own pokemon (which would have to mean no starters though).

Mainly because I don't want to see Kris have to wear those silly clothes, but also because it might mean there's a chance Wally (also being a character not name after a game) will get some spotlight again and plus it'd be cool to see a character with a Marill.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
we've had a starter change owners permantly and a focused chara move out of spotlight in favor of someone new (Wally's Sceptile retconned to Emerald). So it is not beyond poss for Kris' Meganium to get transfered to a new girl.

But Wally was borrowing Sceptile and pokedex, they were meant for Emerald but Because of the flood Birch wasn't able to give him the pokemon and so Wally found both pokemon and the pokedex. This isn't with Crys and kotone. Kotome hasn't even showed up in the manga Emerald did
even before the emerald series started. Maybe Kotone will show up in the manga but don't get your hopes up until it's official. Just beacuese she's in the anime doesn't mean she's going to be in the Manga.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

^ If Kotone is a redesigned "Kris" in the games, then Kotone would show up in the manga as Crys (the manga counterpart of "Kris").

Yeah, but it could be a good plan for the Rockets. With the power of the Hoenn and Sinnoh legends, they could possibly...Rule the world!

Maybe... *shrugs*

Mainly because I don't want to see Kris have to wear those silly clothes,

Like I said before, they look silly to me regardless. Having Crys wear them wouldn't kill me at all. Having a new character, Kotone, wear them, wouldn't make the clothes look better to me. I'm sure people would get used to Crys in those clothes anyway.

Dreamingflower said:
Kotome hasn't even showed up in the manga Emerald did
even before the emerald series started.

Kotone did show up in the manga as Crys if they're the same person. When Emerald showed up before his arc started, I don't even know if the writer planned to have him be Emerald back then anyway. I have the feeling the writer made him Emerald as he went along.

granbull guy

Vasoline
I hope something catacysmic happens and everyone has to work together to stop it :3
BTW: Where is everyone getting this info on my Homegirl Kotone is she making an appearence? Give me details please!

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I hope something catacysmic happens and everyone has to work together to stop it :3
BTW: Where is everyone getting this info on my Homegirl Kotone is she making an appearence? Give me details please!

She won't make an appearance in the manga it's Crys with the HGSS outfit just like they did with blue for the FRLG arc.

granbull guy

Vasoline
Oh well do you have anuy pics or something?