• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G4 Cancels Attack of the Show and X-Play

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I don't know why they are doing this I thought g4 was awsome until xplay changed and the show cheat was removed.But come on!Xplay is a popular show!

cmitch25

Fair well G4, It was nice knowing you. Let's face it the channels been losing viewers left and right since Kevin and Adam left.

PokeMaster366

Truth be told, I'm not really sad about this. I normally just watch it for the semi-funny game reviews, and all they did was talk about the shooter/racer games on the PS and XBox with delight while constantly bashing anything with the word "Nintendo" on it.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
There was nothing really left with the G4 brand after Adam Sessler left, so I'm pretty ambivalent to this.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
I remember when DirecTV pulled G4 from their networks due to "Dwindling viewer ratings", which was strange, since DirecTV never drops networks in comparison to Dish Network (what's worse is that DTV replaced the number with another one of those "Game Lounge" redirects, and I'm not fond of the Game Lounge at all), but after a while, I began to see why they took it off, it's essentially turned into Spike TV Jr. rather than a video game network, and now thanks to them, there are no video game themed networks or shows on American TV.

Truth be told, I'm not really sad about this. I normally just watch it for the semi-funny game reviews, and all they did was talk about the shooter/racer games on the PS and XBox with delight while constantly bashing anything with the word "Nintendo" on it.

Agreed, though is GameInformer magazine no different than them. I never understood the constant bias with Nintendo games among game reviewers, though I always presumed that FPS games have essentially polluted the market and everyone bashes on Nintendo because of it's lack of shooters and anything with an M rating on it.

D

Deleted member 318910

Well, who wants to help me make the next gaming show "Gaming Rainbow"?

FairGamer9215

About time it happened. Like everyone said, after Adam and Kevin left, it has been boring, biased, and uninformative. The better times were with kevin and Sarah lane, but then she left and kevin hosted with Olivia Munn, and that duo, while not as great, I felt was still watchable and quite humorous, but there were obvious signs of a downturn, getting more and more wrapped up in sex jokes and boobs and less interested with video games and tech. And xplay was at its best when they were low on the ladder. By that, I mean they had very little viewers and could get away with a lot more. Adam would go on tyrades with crappy games, some of the funniest reviews were back then, while still being true. Overall, it was bound to happen. Getting rid of kevin and hiring Candace bailey, who is not funny AT ALL, and really isn't even a true nerd, that's where the tipping point was. Farewell aots and xplay . Rest in peace.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I used to watch G4 when Cheat was on, and the network actually had video game things on... Then, I lost my DirectTv (It was still on DirectTv at the time.) Since getting U-verse, I tuned in a couple of times, but the network just decayed. :/ I haven't watched lately. Now, I have no reason to.

They rarely talked about games I actually own... :/

Last edited:

FairGamer9215

No, when they started to only play Cheaters and Cops for the majority of the day.

Agreed. I remember the first time I watched g4, during a Mario special or something. Like his anniversary, and they
showed the history and some cheats and had some weird, yet funny skits. That's what made me fall in love with that network. Not to mention all of the shows from over the seas: Trigger Happy TV, Unbeatble Banzuke, Ninja Warrior, etc. Aots was Alive and kickin', still very funny. XPlay still had Adam and he was still very angry at games that sucked, except not so much as before. Then it crumbled when they showed cheaters and cops for HOURS in a day, almost eliminating the foreign TV, and everything else followed suit. It was depressing because I knew I was watching the death of a very cool, interesting, and funny network. Now its just garbage. Its really just too bad...:(