• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

gabpath.exe

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Well, my computer has a virus caused by gabpath.exe.

I deleted it but every time I start up my computer, it asks if it would like to be reinstalled.

What do I do? I use Google Chrome, FYI.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Click no?

jbchara

Frank The Bunny

Download and install Malwarebytes' AntiMalware.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Update then run a quick scan, reboot when it prompts you to do so.

Afterward go into the program file folder and find "mbam.exe". it's location should look something like this

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

Once installed update it and run a quick scan. Once finished reboot like it will prompt you to do so.

Since you say you have to start up in Safe Mode you'll be doing this through Safe Mode. Hopefully that will fix your problem.

================================================== ==============================

If whatever malware you have isn't letting you install Malwarebytes then do the following. If the first method worked then ignore the following.

Download Malwarebytes and rename "mbam.exe" to "mbam.com" then install it. Afterward go into the program file folder and find "mbam.exe". it's location should look something like this

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

Change that to "mbam.com" as well then update, run quick scan, and reboot when prompted.

When malware is removed go back and change everything you changed back to the way it's supposed to be.

===========================================================================

If you're paranoid about your situation after the malware is removed by the quick scan, you can run a full scan just to make sure everything's fine.

If this didn't solve your problem, which I doubt. Then go ahead and pm me since I'm not fully aware of Serebiis advertisement policy and I will link you to FREE professional help.