• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gah.. Earphones...?

Shuam

righteous
Yes, this is odd. Well, my iPod earphones broke. Completely. And, it's time for some new ones, i've asked my friends, and they said to get the iPod ones, but those broke for me, and my friends, even after my friends got them before, so i'm trying to get some other earphones, and i really don't know what brands are good. And... i'd like some brands.

Preferrably EarBuds, and within a $20-30 price range.

Thanks.

Cobra

Graphic Alchemist
I thought only official Ipod headphones worked with an ipod....?

brand-wise, if you can find them compatible with the Ipod Sony is probably the best earbuds i've used. $20-$30 can net you a pretty decent pair if you shop around.

Shuam

righteous
I apologize if this would count as a bump, but i don't want to make a topic for a question as stupid as this.

I got new earphones, the DS ones, and they work great, have incredible quality, and are the inner earphones from hori. But, there's one flaw. The left earphone is like way shorter than the right one, is there any way to fix that?

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
No, Nintendo probably made them that way specifically to stop people using the headphones easily with other devices.

What you can do is go to your local electronics shop and get a 3.5mm stereo extension cord, the shortest possible. Ask the salesman. It's ugly, but it works.

BTW, iPods (and almost all other multimedia player manufacturers) use a 3.5mm stereo socket. Anything that fits in the socket can be used to carry the sound out; there is no way for the device to 'know' that the headphones aren't from Apple. I personally find the OEM headphones for iPods dire - I have a Sony Walkman phone which came with 'in-ear' headphones, and I would recommend them to everybody.

They have superior bass, and block out other sounds almost completely, so you don't need the volume as loud to hear the same clarity, saving your hearing and battery life. They are also more comfortable and sit in your ear better =]