• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gaining Groudon! (373)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I'm scared of how Archie and Maxie will sound. I'm expecting a less camp version of Maximillion Pegasus for Maxie and a gruff, pirate-esque voice for Archie. Neither of these are good choices for such major villains! And I hope the names are right...

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
ChaosMage said:
I'm scared of how Archie and Maxie will sound. I'm expecting a less camp version of Maximillion Pegasus for Maxie and a gruff, pirate-esque voice for Archie. Neither of these are good choices for such major villains! And I hope the names are right...

I already saw the episode they basically sound like normal characters we seen in the past episodes.

Great news, KidsWB has put up a preview of this episode, and it seems like 4Kids has corrected all of their mistakes that they made involving the 2 teams in Advanced, not only are the original names back just like last time, the Indigo Orb has been changed back to The Blue Orb. I think 4Kids has finally realized their goof ups in "The Spheal of Approval".

S

suavesky

ash should get a legendary like rayquaza I mean he's met so many on his travels but he dosen't even try to catch any he's an idiot

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
suavesky said:
ash should get a legendary like rayquaza I mean he's met so many on his travels but he dosen't even try to catch any he's an idiot
If he caught Groudon or Kyogre, the balance of the world would colapse and the Earth would be destoryed. ¬¬ And if he did catch them, it wouldn't be a good show anymore, because he would be trolling to Gym to Gym without a real challenge, and the show would get boring.

Seriously, I'm tired of explaining this to you nooblier-type people. -__-;

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

And how could he even control them? If he couldn't even control a Charmeleon and a Charizard when he had the chance, he certainly couldn't control these.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't know if the second part will tarnish this episode, but this one was great.

The dub voices for Maxie and Archie were good, they sounded like I would expect them too. Lance kept his dub voice, and I was surprised to see his Red Gyarados return as well. :eek:

For such strong legendary Pokemon, Team Magma/Aqua didn't have much trouble keeping them contained. The concept of a stalemate was interesting, with both sides having the opposing ball for the opposite Pokemon.

Wow, Shelly is a cutie. :) She looks better without that bandana in her hair. Is it just me, or did it look like Team Magma was getting owned in the entire episode? Kyorge completely blows up their submarine, and then Archie captures both legendary Pokemon.

If it weren't for Team Rocket setting Kyorge free, Team Aqua would have still had the upper hand.

I'm surprised that 4kids actually kept the scene with May, Max and Brock drowning in the ocean. The aftershock of the Hyperbeam could have sent May, Max and Brock to their deaths if Gyarados didn't come to rescue them.

Oh, and possessed Pikachu = Awesome.

Great episode, I hope the second part doesn't ruin this one too much.

Oh...My...God!

This gave me shivers of pain,misery,excitement, and pressure all at once! You thought seeing Naruto's group pass their tests last night was big, this was even bigger! Archie and Maxie sounded evil, and Groudon and Kyogre were obviousally not dubbed (also Mightyena). This was the most thrilling Pokemon episode ever and you know it. Doesn't seem like 4Kids ruined the excitement too much but editing Team Rocket is always good for us.

The whole "Team Rocket tries to get Kyogre" part was very funny, now I can offically say that Team Rocket are great button mashers. "Now you're pushing my buttons!", the only buttons they should be pressing are the self-destruct buttons on their mechas! It was also nice to see Lance again, but did they actually mention the Elite 4 by name in the original? Dogasu will be happy to figure it out right?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Poessed Pikachu rocks!

Next week: part 2 and a big contest, so if you want XD, jot down the attacks they use.

20/20!!!!!!!!!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
My mental notes:

--Okay, here we go!
--"Unbeatable"'s not THAT bad...
--Is it me or does Brock sound older?
--"Ash, I think you'd better listen to what they have to say!
"Why?"
::Mightyenas growl::
Max: THAT'S why!
--Maxie reminds me of a slightly higher pitched Jafar...
--Score one for Fierce Deity Pikachu!
--Can't put my finger on who Archie sounds like...
--Meanwhile, with Team Rocket...
--Kyorge sounds more like a lion...
--Shiny Gyarados to the rescue!
--Tranier's Choice time...vs. Plusle and Minun you say? That would be Mudkip!
--Yeah! I was right!
--So now TR's trying to take Kyorge...
--Funny how Wobbufett found the right button...
--Yay! Lance is here!
--more Fierce Deity Pikachu...
--Cliffhanger! I can't wait for next Saturday!

V Faction

www.faction.com
As far as Episodes go for 4Kids!, this was fairly standard. But that's good. Good, voices, good dubbing, no mix-ups. The only reason you could honestly hate this episode is if you disliked Archie and Maxie's voices and the (now expected) changing of the music.

Trainer's Choice or whatever its called now was a little less pleasing. They must have it stuck in their heads that Mudkip is Water/Ground because of the attacks its learns and the Pokemon it evolves into. For shame.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Bah. The Trainer's Choice was wrong. Oh well, good things can never last.

Wobbuffet opening the door and then Cacnea PWNing those Team Aqua agents was awesome. Team Rocket in general was awesome this week. And yay, no motto. (I love the motto, but it would of been just silly to do it.)

Possesed Pikachu makes me laugh.

Ugh, do we have to have the narrator? Seriously, he adds absolutely nothing to the show besides telling the "Previously on Pokemon". The ending would of been a whole lot better without the crappy voice going on and on without what we already know. Gah, I hate him. <.<

The music sucked.

Um... why is Lance here? I'd much rather see him come back [SPOIL]in the upcoming Drake ep.[/SPOIL]

8/10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You know now that I think about it:

Lance > Steven.

Lance is actually exciting, AND has awesome Pokemon. Steven for that one episode he was in was dull and uninteresting. OH MY NAME IS STEVEN AND I LIKE TO GO INTO CAVES AND STUDY ROCKS! Oh like we care!

Now Lance on the other hand works as a G-man (whatever the hell that is) and actually goes undercover to stop evil-doers around the world.

Lance is like a super hero! Everyone loves superheroes!

LANCE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steven.

Steven can continue studying his rocks and setting sail on a raft boat in the ocean, Lance is the far more interesting character and was the better choice to bring back for this ep.

Last edited:
W

WaterLover315

omg i just watched it AND THERE WAS A GYARADOS IN IT!!!! OMG IT WAS SO COOL!!! AND IT WAS A SHINY GYARADOS!!!! i love gyarados :) !!!

WL315

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
I love this episode! TR thought they could capture Kyogre with a net. LANCE IS SO ****ING HOT IN THAT MAGMA UNIFORM (although he'd look much better without it)!!!! Red Gyarados rocks, as always. Pikachu is going berserk, I like how they did that. TC sucked, no surprise there! They had Brock recognize Red Gyarados, unusual that they did that when they're in Kanto in Japan and.... ARG!!!!

Gaining Groudon = 9/10

This episode was handled nicely.

We got:
  • The return of Lance and Red Gyarados.
  • Good voices for Maxie and Archie.
  • Possessed 'Chu.
  • A stalemate.
  • Ash and Brock actually remembering Lance and Red Gyarados.
  • Possessed 'Chu.
  • TR pulling a Naruto.
  • The Mightyena using Intimidate on Max and May.
  • Did I mention Possessed 'Chu?

Tazzler

The mightyenas looked so scary. 9/10 Not a favorite, but it was not crap.