1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gaining Groudon! (373)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

i'd say the episode was awesome........ everything
    lance, Team Magma and Team Aqua, and everything else
    9/10

2. Puffs

Puffs ...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!

Another thing: Turn out I HAVE been pronouncing Kyogre right this whole time! :D

3. Atari

Atari Did it on 'em

That was the best Advance Battle episode I've seen in a while... I loved it when Lance came back with his Red Gyrados and the evilpika. Team Magma and Aqua were both freakin awsome, and so were Kyogre and Groudon!

4. articuno_trumps_all

articuno_trumps_all <========Ball Squeez

Ick. I hate Lance. At least the episode had some Ash x Brock onesided slashy moments. XD

5. I...beg to differ. SEVERELY. Superheroes = Gary Stus (= male equivalent of Mary Sues, and hopefully you know what a Sue is) = Ash = cliché = awful. Of course, I know you and lots of others like Ash, so...*shrug*

But even assuming that you don't mind the type of character that Lance is, how can you (and all the other people who're like, "OMG LANCE YAY!") possibly be pleased that Lance appeared out of the blue in a region where HE OBVIOUSLY HAS NO BUSINESS BEING?! He's the KANTO/JOHTO region Champion, and THAT'S where his jurisdiction ought to lie as a G-man (which is a real word, it means government agent...and did I mention I hate government agents?). Just because he's popular, apparently the anime folks decide it's okay to have him push his nose into Hoenn and deal with a situation that's NONE OF HIS BUSINESS. This is HOENN. Which has TWO Champions already, without Lance showboating around. Speaking of which, there's another reason you should all be displeased about Lance's redundant appearance in these eps. Even if you're not that into Wallace, you have to admit that given what he does in the games (*cough*Guardian of the Cave of Origin*cough*), and the fact that he is Champion in Emerald (which is what the anime is following), HE should have made his debut in this two-parter. But NOOOOO, we get Mr. Redundant Bubblegum haired Superhero instead. And saddest of all, I don't think Wallace will *ever* show up now. I know you all don't care, but you should. You honestly should.

But then again, we couldn't have expected any better from the anime in which Ash always wins. >_>;;;

In short, folks, I think this ep was awful. But the next one's worse.

6. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

I always expected Maxie to sound deeper voice instead of sounding exactly like Hanson.

I also wish he could have gone on a monologue about he was helping the world. His twisted dream of using Groudon for make more farm land and places where people could live.

Ash and Lance annoyed me in this episode. "They're mistreating ancient Pokemon" was a pathetic excuse of a ralleying cry. Please, give them a better arguement than that. I so wish Pokemon wasn't a little kids show because that was just annoying.

Other than that, it was gold. Kyorge tore it up (litterally) and showed what an ancient Pokemon is capable of.

It's too bad this has such a horrible ending in part two.

7. Medea

Medea Excalibur

Yay! Finally an episode this season that doesn't suck!

And more importantly LANCE! I'll be waiting to see Dragonite next week. Although the Trainer Choice got me bummed out. SOC (Same Old Crap)

8. Poliwhirl

Poliwhirl Well-Known Member

i saw it already, it was great thogh i still hate pikachu and why didnt pika throw the orb to ash or something, jeeze...8/10 score

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Lance could very well be the Champion of Hoenn too in the anime, we don't even know if either Steven or Wallace ARE champions of Hoenn. Besides, Lance came to Hoenn because it was up to him to stop Archie/Maxie from sending forth Groudon. If Lance wasn't there, who was going to stop them? He had no idea that Ash was going to show up, and Steven probably has nothing to do with the G-men even though he was the one here in the games. Ah well.

Yes, which is why Ash has lost every league he's entered. :rolleyes:

Steven and Wallace could still appear in the show sometime in the future, Lance was a better choice as they showed him do this kind of stuff in Johto. He was there to stop Team Rocket from using the Red Gyarados, and he was here to stop Team Magma/Aqua from taking over the planet.

10. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

The Elite 4 were mentioned in the original as well, but the dub neglected to mention that Lance is the CHAMPION of the Elite 4.

And I agree with The Incarnation Pokemon...Wataru's appearance in this two-parter makes absolutely NO sense.

11. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

I concern here. Steven and Wallace were so connected to the Groudon/Kyorge story in the games. Yet they were nowhere to be seen in this story and were replaced with Lance. Again, don't the writers bother to play the games a little to understand the basic plot?

12. PDL

PDL disenchanted

I bet the reason why they didn't use Steven in this plot is because he doesn't have a pokemon that can swim... but then again, Wallace does and he doesn't even appear in the anime at all :\

13. Medea

Medea Excalibur

Now that I thought about it, this would have made more sense if Steven or even Wallace appeared instead of Lance (I would of loved to have that). But I guess it's alright, I like Lance too.

14. Saw the ep.

The good stuff:
    ~Archie's and Maxie's voice.
    ~Posessed Pika.
    ~Lance,and whatnot.
    ~I guess that's it,I have to remember more,and crap,I just watched it,I should've remembered it all.
    The bad:
    ~Mudkip is good againt Plusle and Minun?! WTF

15. Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Haunter Hunter Sohrab Johto Champion

Probably just to get us in the spirit for next weeks episode in Japan.

16. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby The magic of Pokemon

If you remember your types, Mudkip is part Ground, so of course it would beat Plusle and Minun

17. BluekiKatana

BluekiKatana Warrior Spirit

Mudkip is only water = /. It doesn't turn part ground till it evolves.
    Anyways I really enjoyed this episode. It was probably the best Pokemon episode I've seen in a while. Only problem for me was the lazy dialogue going around to explain why the teams wanted to possess these Legendaries. It hardly went into detail about any of it.

18. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

like the above poster said, Mudki doesn't gain it's ground typeness till it becomes a marshtomp....... then again if you can amke that mistake I know why 4kids made it...... they are dummer then you!

UK should be getting this ep, and part 2 next week if toonami stay to the plan....

be back here next tuesday

19. pikachu25

pikachu25 Well-Known Member

This eposide was interesting. I give it a 9/10.Maxie's voice was just freaky.

20. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

Great dub, good animation...that's basically all I want to say, because all my other views have already been stated several times.

Why didn't Maxie keep his Wishmaker voice? There's nothing wrong with the new one, but...

I wish Groudon had gotten some action in the well animated-portion of the saga. All we see of him is with the crappy animation.

Oh, and did 4Kids change anything in the scene with Shelly knocking out the two Magma guards? They usually cover up punches and the likes.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby ;001;