1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gaining Groudon! (373)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Excellent episode it's nice to see Kyogre animated, it's a shame though that Team Magma and Aqua didn't get a larger role in the entire Hoen Arc of Pokemon seeing as how they are the main protagonist of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Shelly look better in a Magma uniform than she does in an Aqua uniform. I really liked seeing Lance and his Red Gyarados again since the last time we saw them was in Johto.

2. Starlight Aurate

Starlight Aurate Just a fallen star

That is gross Maxie being hot? Just sick. Tabitha is kinda cool though. Great episode. Corniness was put to minimum.

3. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

This episode made me appreciate one thing about Johto: Game plot consistency.

4. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

This is Hoenn....

5. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Yeah, but this episode made me appreciate the game plot consistency of the Johto season rather than this rushed version of the Hoenn game plot.

6. pokemaniac10

pokemaniac10 クロツグ

Personally, I thought this episode was ok. They could have done better, but they didnt. Atleast it wasnt the worst episode. Seeing Groundon again was pretty cool, But not what I expected.

7. Starlight Aurate

Starlight Aurate Just a fallen star

It really could've used Wallace or Steven or Rayquaza. It also should have had more parts, but I still think it was a good episode.

8. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

Eee, the return of Lance! <3 It was great seeing him again.

Funny how a routine attempt to snatch Pikachu lands Ash & them aboard Team Magma's ship, eh? I really hated the way they muzzled Kyogre, though. And it made me wonder what they did, and how long it took, to get ahold of it.

I quite enjoyed "evil" Pikachu. Yet another moment showcasing how much Ash cares for it <3 and the cuteness between Ash & Lance was also great ^^

Great episode!

9. pokeguru

pokeguru I like to play hero!

No puns will be avoided. I like puns!

Anyways, episode score: 10/10

10. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

This was a great episode. Cool how Lance returned. It was a great cliffhanger.

11. ccangelopearl1362

ccangelopearl1362 Well-Known Member

So, while Team Magma "explains" to Ash, May, Max, and Brock what it really wants, Team Aqua has managed to sabotage that floating base and release Kyogre. The first time I saw this episode, I was quite riveted to see Kyogre thrash Team Magma's base as it did. Hopefully, Lance's appearance will give the heroes more of a chance against Teams Aqua and Magma as Kyogre prepares to unleash its full power, no doubt with Groudon soon to follow.

12. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

i remember that this episode has some good animations in it, 8/10.

13. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

i really enjoyed watching this episode...it had a great story line

14. Surfer_Dude

Surfer_Dude Aspiring Guitarist

Pikachu looks evil when he merged with the orb...
    Good episode! 9/10

15. pokezack101

pokezack101 Shine

This espiode was really good with evil picaku

16. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It could've. Maybe Steven instead of Lance.

I liked it. It was nice to see the Legendary Pokemon in one episode. I didn't like Kyogre much though, the animation really wasn't good.

Groudon was the star in this arc for some reason. They made it look like a hero which is ridiculous. 5/10

17. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Great Magma and Aqua episode.

I loved to see Lance again. and they released Kyogre, it was amazing.

Poor Pikachu, it became evil.

8/10

18. DaAuraWolf

DaAuraWolf *grumble grumble*

I was glad to see them folowing the plot of the Games in this episode.

10/10.

19. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was ok. It was cool seeing Groudon for the 1st time. It was great to have Lance back for the time being. After holding the Blue Orb, Pikachu looked really scary and evil when he turned on everyone. It was cool to see Lance being undercover for Team Magma. It was cool to see a glimpse of Kyogre for the 1st time.

50/100

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  20. IcyArticuno6789

IcyArticuno6789 Active Member

Actually, if anyone actually bothers to look up what moves Mudkip is capable of learning, you would see that Mudkip can learn the ground type move Mud Slap, which would give Mudkip an advantage against Plusle and Minun.