• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Galactic Battles in May for UK

Iddy

Yes, finally! Disney XD has just started advertising Galactic Battles. The ad is showing during episodes of Battle Dimension (I caught it halfway through the 4.30pm episode) and consists of a montage of various episode clips.

No specific date was given, other than that the new series will start airing in May.

EDIT: The Sky Planner now shows that Galactic Battles will start on Monday 3rd of May at 3.30 pm. The synopsis reads:

"Team Galactic has almost achieved its ultimate goal but to complete it Cyrus hires Pokemon Hunter J to catch the legendary lake guardians. Will he succeed or will Ash and friends foil his plans?"

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Geesh, the UK loves to be random doesn't it? Just last year Battle Dimension finished in the UK before the US and now the US is ending Galactic Battles right as you guys start.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I BLAME DISNEY XD
If it was still Jetix we'd would probably be finished by now.
Disney XD really do suck. I wish another channel would take over.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I BLAME DISNEY XD
If it was still Jetix we'd would probably be finished by now.
Disney XD really do suck. I wish another channel would take over.

Jetix and Disney XD are the same thing, just they renamed it a while back, they are ran by the same people.

But onto the real subject, this is fantastic news, I should think that there will be a marathon on one of the weekends sometime so we can catch up and then we will have another year of repeats (Yay).

Blazing Charmander

Pokemon was at its best when it was airing on Sky.

I agree entirely. The Pokemon anime coverage in the UK has been in decline ever since the rights were passed over to Toonami at about the time of Advanced Battle. Since then the coverage of episodes has been really choppy and it's been difficult for viewers to keep up with when new episodes have been airing. It was definitely better when Sky One aired a new episode every Sunday morning and every day of a half term/holiday break.

It's no coincidence that I lost touch with the dub towards the beginning of the Battle Frontier saga, as I was tired of finding the airing times and dates. I eventually lost all interest in the dub for one obvious reason, but that's a taboo topic and has been beaten to death on here already. ;)

harryheart

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! This is absoloutely brilliant and I cannot wait! Thank The Lord that we've finally been noticed!

It is due to the likes of Jetix and Disney XD why I have stopped watching the Pokemon Anime, Sky as previously stated was the best channel for hosting the Pokemon Anime. The only reason I still know whats going on in the anime is due to Serebii.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I THINK, they pupoely wait til they get to the second half of the season before they even begin exporting the dub version to overseas countries like the UK, Ireland, and Australia/NZ, etc,etc...

Iddy

Actually, I've been wondering lately if this series could have taken so long in coming due to the new HD/widescreen format. I mean, I don't think we've ever had such a long delay after the premiere of a new season in the US.

Seriously, after waiting so long we'd better get all the episodes from 'The Lonely Snover' onward in full widescreen instead of the cropped version.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Well, I'm Australian, and we have the same problem too. I can remember back in the day, wait a minute, ever episode prior the end of Season 11, we got like a new episode per day! now it's like, once a week...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yes, finally! Disney XD has just started advertising Galactic Battles. The ad is showing during episodes of Battle Dimension (I caught it halfway through the 4.30pm episode) and consists of a montage of various episode clips.

No specific date was given, other than that the new series will start airing in May.

Just started? Seriously? I'm surprised since I would've expected the dub to air in the UK at around the same time as it did in the US. They use the exact same dub if I recall and holding it off is just ridiculous, any specific reason why? And which episode clips were shown in the montage, I'm guessing the early episodes right?

May is just a hop, skip, and a jump away so they'll probably announce the airdate for GB sooner rather than later (on the XD site). I believe the next season of Pokemon begins in May here in the US :/

Iddy

And which episode clips were shown in the montage, I'm guessing the early episodes right?

They used clips up to the Iron Island/Riley two parter, from what I can recognise at least. That's only seven episodes into the series, so most likely they were just being lazy with their selection, and it's not representitive of how many episodes they will be showing. Hopefully!

May is just a hop, skip, and a jump away so they'll probably announce the airdate for GB sooner rather than later.

I just edited the first post with the new info. Galactic Battles will be starting on Monday 3rd of May at 3.30pm, which is even sooner than I had thought.

Now, Disney XD....where's the twelfth movie?

HoennMaster

Just started? Seriously? I'm surprised since I would've expected the dub to air in the UK at around the same time as it did in the US. They use the exact same dub if I recall and holding it off is just ridiculous, any specific reason why?

That's just the UK for you, no real reason known. They air the show randomly. Back during Advanced Battle the UK was about 20 episodes ahead of the U.S. now they are 50 behind.

harryheart

That's just the UK for you, no real reason known. They air the show randomly. Back during Advanced Battle the UK was about 20 episodes ahead of the U.S. now they are 50 behind.

I remember that - that was totally weird actually and quite exciting tbh! But I presume they'll be airing them every weekday until they reach the end with no breaks because of the fact that the US is nearly finished : )​

Torpoleon

Well at least you guys in the UK are getting Season 12 even though it is starting practically just before the US ends it. Well, what are you gonna do? I suppose you guys in the UK should still just be happy then.

Master TF

Well all I can say is IT'S ABOUT TIME.

A5J4DX

Saiyan Warrior
i saw it on monday too was like woah they finally decided to speed things up xD damn uk is messed up just take it back to sky1 for gods sake, why wont sky take it on, does anyone know why?