• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Galar Fossils! Stick 'em Together!! (1139)

Red and Blue

Wonder how long it'll take for them to remember it literally can't breath outside of water

And don't say "they're only using the Sword pokedex entry" because we saw it panic and run towards a water source, which calmed it down in this very episode
The water calmed it due to it being it's former environment when it was just a fish.

It can breath fine out of water since it was perfectly ok before and after that

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Pros
  • Koharu rubbed Yamper, but couldn't tell that Eevee wanted the same thing. Shows that, even though she and Eevee get along, she still doesn't know it as well as she does Yamper.
  • Eevee's mimicry schtick was utilized well a couple of times.
  • Boldore was utilized after its capture.
  • Dracovish was great. I also loved how it "sang" after it was created. I hope we get more of that in the future.
  • Go and Koharu realize that something's fishy with these fossils reconstructions.
  • No Lucario.
  • Dracovish is such an oddball, and its actions make it even weirder. I freaking love when derp Pokemon are added onto the cat. Bonus if they're powerful and not just a gagmon.

Cons
  • Go got Arctozolt instead of the superior Dracozolt.
  • I wish Koharu got to do more. I know she's just starting out and this episode was more about introducing the fossils to the cast, but it would have been nice to see her do more than get randomly attacked three times.
  • Making lunch didn't need to take up so much time.
  • I feel like they could have gone more into the bad aspects of these fusions, at least for jokes, like how Arctozolt always has a cold. Hopefully we'll see more of those in the future.
  • Woulda been nice to see more of Ash's Pokemon, or have Go bring in Aerodactyl. Though I did like how Aerodactul seemed to just be staring at Arctozolt in confusion, knowing that its existence is an abomination against nature.

Other
  • I missed you, Iris. But please, tell me Axew or Gible evolved. Axew especially, since it was so annoying.
  • Gary, cool to see you. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a recurring rival again, or maybe have the series shape him up to be Viridian's new Gym Leader.
  • With Iris, Gary and Go, I expect the smug levels to go off the charts. Any combination of these three would have amazing chemistry, but I especially want to see Go and Iris interact.
  • Oops I'm mixing English and Japanese names.
  • There's a Rookidee in the opening. They made sure to have a Rookidee land on Ash's head twice this episode, much like how the Rookidee in the opening sat on Dragonite's head. I don't want to get my hopes up, since it could just be a small nod or something. But the fact that Rookidee appeared twice with Ash this episode has me speculating.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I just hope the Chloe needing to be rescued was a one-off and not a recurring thing. She may be a fresh Trainer, but I don't see why they had to damsel in distress her multiple times.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Unfortunately, with a heavy heart, I must quit watching the Pokémon anime. Today’s episode showed that Ash is a heartless Trainer who subjected his Dracovish to a lifetime of eternal suffering (don’t even get me started on the psychopath that is Go). I can’t continue to support someone who has no concern for the well-being of his Pokémon and blatantly ignores Cara Lisa’s warnings in their Pokédex entries.
That hurt to write lol

I really enjoyed this episode. It was relatively simple but it did what it was aiming to do well. Just wish they gave a little more build up to their captures. Also not a huge fan of Chloe but it was nice seeing her with the boys. This episode combined with the opening gives me hope for the year. 10/10

Cradily17

Nice! This was definitely a hype episode. Not only did Ash get his first ever fossil Pokemon, but we got a new intro that showed a lot. It also looks like Koharu will become a permanent member of the cast which would be great. I'm really looking forward to how the rest of this saga plays out. I must say I wasn't expecting Dracovish and Arctozolt to have those kind of voices though, not that it bothers me. Also, I wonder why they keep using the same ending for the outro.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Watching the episode subbed I love that Cara Liss and her partner made up the Dex descriptions for Dracovish and Arctozolt on the spot. They were total BS like we all knew it would be

wertyuiop[

I like how neither Ash nor Go were able to "catch" Grookey in the op. What if it is just a reoccurring wild Pokemon that no one gets. I also enjoyed how Go battled his fossil and Ash didn't.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I like how neither Ash nor Go were able to "catch" Grookey in the op. What if it is just a reoccurring wild Pokemon that no one gets. I also enjoyed how Go battled his fossil and Ash didn't.
Nah its def joining the main cast, they just kept it extremely vague on who its going to end up with.

diakyu

I just hope the Chloe needing to be rescued was a one-off and not a recurring thing. She may be a fresh Trainer, but I don't see why they had to damsel in distress her multiple times.
I do hope it's not a reoccurring thing, but I don't think it's a coincidence there was an order in who protected her today. First Goh, then Ash, then Eevee. Perhaps this is all culminating in a potential confrontation with Opal (considering the G-Ponyta encounter is around the same time) where she learns to look after herself by fighting Opal.

Personally I think Ash is fighting Opal but I would be beyond ecstatic to see it's Chloe.

dman_dustin

Wonder how long it'll take for them to remember it literally can't breath outside of water

And don't say "they're only using the Sword pokedex entry" because we saw it panic and run towards a water source, which calmed it down in this very episode

Pretty sure Dracovish was just running for the sake of running especially since it was chasing Ash and got mad at him for the electroweb.

I don't think "wanting to swim" equates to being unable to breath

Red and Blue

They wouldn't have given Ash a Pokemon that would not have been able to function outside of an a specific environment.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Even the game doesn't hold to "This Pokémon can't breathe unless it is underwater." Much like with every fish Pokémon, you can still walk around with it on land just fine, and it can also battle no problem even if there's no water around.