• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Galar Pokemon Debuts

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I didn't have such an impression. After all, he wasn't even her Pokémon.
And despite that, the narrative emphasized that Yamper liked Chloe the most out of all the family members, and Chloe's first taste of Pokemon battles happened with Yamper specifically.

Besides, there was nothing preventing Chloe's dad from giving Yamper to her, it's a piece of cake to do, so that's a pretty weak argument to reject the Yamper/Chloe idea.

I mean... we still never found out why Eevee couldn't evolve
Wasn't it implied that the evolution couldn't occur due to Eevee's mental state, aka it didn't know what it wanted to become, so it kinda rejected to evolve?

Or was it a biological reason?

DuskAstral

Wasn't it implied that the evolution couldn't occur due to Eevee's mental state, aka it didn't know what it wanted to become, so it kinda rejected to evolve?
That might have been the case, except for the fact that the evolution stones didn't work either.
Or was it a biological reason?
This is actually more likely.
It was mentioned in the games that G-max Pokémon were unable to evolve, so maybe that was the real reason why Eevee couldn't evolve? (it's a pity that this issue wasn't even touched upon in the anime).

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
This is actually more likely.
It was mentioned in the games that G-max Pokémon were unable to evolve, so maybe that was the real reason why Eevee couldn't evolve? (it's a pity that this issue wasn't even touched upon in the anime).
My main confusion is that the anime never acted like Eevee had a problem with its body or biology. The story treated Eevee like a Pokemon that would eventually be able to evolve after Chloe and Eevee decided on their path.

ShadowForce720

My main confusion is that the anime never acted like Eevee had a problem with its body or biology. The story treated Eevee like a Pokemon that would eventually be able to evolve after Chloe and Eevee decided on their path.
Heck if you look at they way it’s at was structured and the language that was used made it seem like Chloe’s Eevee was either going to evolve into one of the existing Eeveelutions or a completely new one.

Now if we do see Chloe and her Eevee in the future whether it be in the current series or a future one maybe they will finally complete that plot point and reveal that her Eevee has evolved or it winds up evolving during that series, similar to how we had to wait for Journeys to finally conclude Axew’s arc.

The whole problem with how they left Chloe’s Eevee’s arc is that it’s basically unfinished and made the whole arc pointless.

I mean heck Eevee’s whole gimmick is that it has multiple evolutions that it can evolve into.

I mean honestly I think Meowth is a better counterpart to Pikachu then Eevee.

Red and Blue

I'm ok with Eevee not evolving. Though I wish we got to see Koharu Gigantamaxing her Eevee at least.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's pretty obvious that Chloe's Eevee was originally meant to be a G-Max Eevee but for whatever reason the idea was dropped

Same thing with Goh's Cinderace. It's pretty obvious that he was supposed to be a G-Max Cinderace (they even gave Goh a Dynamax Band!) but they scrapped it and gave it Leon instead

Good Arceus Journeys was a mess...

Red and Blue

It's pretty obvious that Chloe's Eevee was originally meant to be a G-Max Eevee but for whatever reason the idea was dropped

Same thing with Goh's Cinderace. It's pretty obvious that he was supposed to be a G-Max Cinderace (they even gave Goh a Dynamax Band!) but they scrapped it and gave it Leon instead

Good Arceus Journeys was a mess...
I'd also add Team Rocket and G-MAX Dreadnaw. They caught a Chewtle for that reason but it never evolved and the TRio never got a Dynamax band. Another plot line dropped due to the pandemic.