1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Galar Pokemon Debuts

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by OnceUponATime, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Your passive aggressive comment didn't answer the question. You still understand what's being addressed here. It's not hard to grasp but unlike some of the people here, I'm not acting like the it's end of the world because the abbreviated version of the title of a children's show isn't 100% accurate. It wouldn't be Serebii fourms without some pointless argument over semantics. :rolleyes:

Kawaii Emolga and Zoruagible like this.
  2. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

The first series is ALSO called Pocket Monsters, so that's confusing and PM2019 is just awkward. The series is set in Kanto, but it's still the anime counterpart to the games and Galar is the most visited region so far.

3. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I agree, while I'm sure its weird to have it be SS, this is the 8th generation of anime, and will heavily feature 8th generation stuff so it just makes sense to focus on the primary introduction to the 8th generation which is Sword and Shield. Besides I don't know much it matters, 1st and 2nd generation were referred to as just simply EP, and 3rd generation was referred to as AG (advance Generation). It was only from 4th generation on that the system of separating generations they went with the games. So DP, BW, XY, SM, and now SS.

Honestly I would complain more about why the hell they insisted on calling it "Pocket Monsters" to begin with. I mean they went with "Best Wishes" for Black and White, they couldn't come up with something other than: Well we couldn't think of anything.......POCKET MONSTERS!!!!! 2019!!!!!!! Because that's when it'll first air!!!!!!!

Sure nothing really fits the SS. But they could've gone with Pokemon World instead of: Pocket Monsters (2019).

On top of that who the hell knows what 9th generation anime is going to look like. Will it be a direct continuation of Pocket Monsters (2019), only it's no longer Go and Koharu but other characters (perhaps Ash will intern in the 9th generation region as a battler reseacher). Will Ash even be a thing at this point?

4. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

...Nobody knows? we'll have to wait until 2022 or beyond...

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Are we counting movie debuts?

If so Cramorant and Greedant are in M23. Plus Zarude of course

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    wolf jani and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  6. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Also Gossifleur also appeared in the trailer.

7. Shotgunrain

Shotgunrain Well-Known Member

SS017 - Raboot

8. Nodame

Nodame Cute Pokemon fan

Just give me animated Galarian Ponyta :")