• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Galar Pokemon Debuts

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Maybe because the series is called "Pocket Monsters" not "Sword & Shield", could it be that? It's not that hard to grasp, a little accuracy is never bad so why act all dismissive :rolleyes: but whatever is up to the OP.
Your passive aggressive comment didn't answer the question. You still understand what's being addressed here. It's not hard to grasp but unlike some of the people here, I'm not acting like the it's end of the world because the abbreviated version of the title of a children's show isn't 100% accurate. It wouldn't be Serebii fourms without some pointless argument over semantics. :rolleyes:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Maybe because the series is called "Pocket Monsters" not "Sword & Shield", could it be that? It's not that hard to grasp, a little accuracy is never bad so why act all dismissive :rolleyes: but whatever is up to the OP.
The first series is ALSO called Pocket Monsters, so that's confusing and PM2019 is just awkward. The series is set in Kanto, but it's still the anime counterpart to the games and Galar is the most visited region so far.

dman_dustin

The first series is ALSO called Pocket Monsters, so that's confusing and PM2019 is just awkward. The series is set in Kanto, but it's still the anime counterpart to the games and Galar is the most visited region so far.

I agree, while I'm sure its weird to have it be SS, this is the 8th generation of anime, and will heavily feature 8th generation stuff so it just makes sense to focus on the primary introduction to the 8th generation which is Sword and Shield. Besides I don't know much it matters, 1st and 2nd generation were referred to as just simply EP, and 3rd generation was referred to as AG (advance Generation). It was only from 4th generation on that the system of separating generations they went with the games. So DP, BW, XY, SM, and now SS.

Honestly I would complain more about why the hell they insisted on calling it "Pocket Monsters" to begin with. I mean they went with "Best Wishes" for Black and White, they couldn't come up with something other than: Well we couldn't think of anything.......POCKET MONSTERS!!!!! 2019!!!!!!! Because that's when it'll first air!!!!!!!

Sure nothing really fits the SS. But they could've gone with Pokemon World instead of: Pocket Monsters (2019).

On top of that who the hell knows what 9th generation anime is going to look like. Will it be a direct continuation of Pocket Monsters (2019), only it's no longer Go and Koharu but other characters (perhaps Ash will intern in the 9th generation region as a battler reseacher). Will Ash even be a thing at this point?

Henry's Journey

On top of that who the hell knows what 9th generation anime is going to look like. Will it be a direct continuation of Pocket Monsters (2019), only it's no longer Go and Koharu but other characters (perhaps Ash will intern in the 9th generation region as a battler reseacher). Will Ash even be a thing at this point?

...Nobody knows? we'll have to wait until 2022 or beyond...

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Although the episodes aren't confirmed, Sobble, Morpeko, Duraludon, and Galarian Farfetch'd are all confirmed to debut in the anime in the coming episodes. I'll keep it updated whenever their debut happens.

Red and Blue

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Odd that those two are showing up but not the actual Grass Monkey starter who would have fit in perfectly.

Maybe Cinderace and Inteleon are used by the villain

I'm also surprised and confused by this

Maybe Rillaboom could still be in but just hasn't gotten any promotional merch yet.

I mean so far it's really only been Inteleon that's been somewhat pushed in promo merchandise for Coco:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mrmr37color/status/1246658537687642112/photo/2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUzwxlfXgAIetaA?format=jpg&name=small

If it weren't for Pikachu_PCN's Twitter post I wouldn't have known Cinderace was in as well.

Also yeah I'm almost certain that they'll be used by Antagonists or Rivals in the movie.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It's not unusual for movies to push fully evolved starters without them being part of the main cast. I definitely wouldn't read too much into the Inteleon since it's far too close to the Sobble capture even without the hiatus.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's not unusual for movies to push fully evolved starters without them being part of the main cast. I definitely wouldn't read too much into the Inteleon since it's far too close to the Sobble capture even without the hiatus.
We weren't about Inteleon being apart of the main cast tho.

We were talking about why Inteleon and Cinderace are confirmed to be in a Jungle Themed movie while the actual Gorilla Starter gets left out (as far as we know at least)

Also the movie takes place in an alternative universe, of course Inteleon being there doesn't have much effect on Sobble's capture in the main anime

Last edited:
Updated the first post with the first 12 episodes of the English dub as they dropped on Netflix today. Watching now (on episode 4) and loving it! Glad I waited to watch the dub this time around.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Galarian Farfetch'd set to appear in ep 27.