1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Discuss and speculate stuff about the setting of the new Pokemon games here, the GALAR REGION

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    JLK2707, Redstar45 and shoz999 like this.
  2. Golurk

Golurk PokeRanger

Looks like it is based on Britain on a top down heavy map!

3. Nockturne

Nockturne Well-Known Member

Got some major Great Britain vibes from the overall map and the industrial revolution aesthetic it had going on. Looks like a London-esque city with a big ben clock tower as well

4. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

As some who was against the idea of a UK region, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Particularly because the league is in Scotland, of course.

Since Northern Ireland isn't in this region(neither are the Channel Islands or Wales) I suspect England itself will be divided into sub-regions.

Edit: I got confused, the map is shown top down, it is not upside down.

Edit 2: Correction: It is just England. Wales is mountainside, and Scotland is non-present, though Loch Ness is. Dorset Giant is also in an inaccurate place.

Edit 3: The regions:
    *The giant area seems to be Nottingham or Lincoln.
    *The industrial city like Wulava pointed is Manchester. The tower is from Manchester Town Hall.
    *The lighthouse seems to be Blackpool.
    *The cold area seems to be Liverpool. The "mansion" is similar to Liverpool Town Hall.
    Note: Jadgirl04 has noted building is similar to Roman buildings in Bath, but the location does no match in the map. Maybe this is another area like the Dorset giant that is transposed into a different location.
    *The walled area seems to be Birmingham. The eastern dragon is probably a reference to the Chinatown there.
    *The ground region is probably Norwich, the mushroom region is probably Ipswich.
    *London's tower is Orbit Tower. Other landmarks like the London Eye and Palace of Westminster/Big Ben are also there.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  5. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

I also agree that the new region got some Britain vibe to it, but i think that it got some Norway/Sweden vibe as well, especially with the way the region map is like.

Redstar45 likes this.
  6. ReneEnjolras

ReneEnjolras Explorer of Ruins

Exactly. I love that. The region looks beautiful. I've been awaiting a region set in the land my ancestors came from for a while now. Very pleased with how it looks so far.

Redstar45 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  7. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Galar officially ends the trend of the region name having a long "o" sound in the English name.

Stygian and Argentarus like this.
  8. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I really like the look of Galar, lots of variation which is cool. Overworld map makes it look rewlly big but we'll see how that turns out during actual gameplay.

Redstar45 likes this.
  9. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

It seems so weird that you didn't post this image in the first post.

[​IMG]

Grey Wind likes this.
  10. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

I'm already wondering the story behind this. The skeleton shapes as if they're electrocuted looks mysterious.

[​IMG]

11. MalcolmBelmontS

MalcolmBelmontS Well-Known Member

The question is, is it United Kingdom or just England. Personally i think it's United Kingdom but i have seen some pepole say it's England

12. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

They somewhat resemble the Nazca Lines in Peru.

13. wolf jani

wolf jani #ScorbunnySquad

The region looks cool and it seems to be quite big.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  14. Golurk

Golurk PokeRanger

I'd be very surprised if it's not Britain because you could see the white horses of Wiltshire "parody" in the trailer

15. naruciakk

naruciakk Robert von Oliva

Well, the region based on Britain… but from the map is more like the northern England and Scotland, first, the Scottish Borders (up the wall, which can actually be the an analog to the Hadrian's Wall) are actually in the southern part of the region and there's no London-like city in the south east. There is however an analog to the Big Ben in the trailer, and the city next to the wall is quite large, maybe the largest in the region, so London-sized Carlisle or Newcastle?

Two/three cities in the line of Glasgow-Edinburgh are also quite interesting.

Oh, and the XIX-century/steampunk-ish setting looks very promising.

16. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

That's easily some kind of mythological Pokemon. I wonder if it's associated with Celtic mythology in anyway?

17. Golurk

Golurk PokeRanger

They are the white horses of Wiltshire near Stonehenge

Redstar45 and Trainer Yusuf like this.
  18. MalcolmBelmontS

MalcolmBelmontS Well-Known Member

Do you think we will get a Stonehenge location

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I never thought I wanted a UK based region until today, it looks really beautiful!

I'm guessing Not-London will be the main city like Lumiose(Paris) and Castelia(New York) were

LilligantLewis and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  20. Dragalge

Dragalge Eiscue

Why did you capitalized the title? Yelling is bad!

We're going up too!

LilligantLewis and Redstar45 like this.