• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

Honestly I would be pumped if they turned Galar into the original Gym Region, or like the original Region that colonized a bunch of other regions into the Gym System they have. Just to give a nod to how the UK colonized a bunch of other places but a lot of places are trying to get back to their original cultures. Or they'll just play up that concept within the region itself it seems and have industrial vs nature within the region.

But I do like to think that since Galar region is like this... Canada would have been a mix between Galar region and Alola region mostly now that I think of it, with a bit of Unova in the few huge cities we have. ( Just for my head cannons lol )
We do have those big stadiums possibly implying that Gyms are a big deal in Galar, the Gyms in the other games were tiny and seemed more like private battles that people can watch and the winner might be announced. Having it be a big deal that a bunch of people watch in the stands might make Gyms feel more interesting.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
POKEMON STADIUM, DREAMS WOULD COME TRUUU
omg I didn't think of the stadiums being little Pokemon Stadium mini game centres! I'd love that so much :D
I honestly don't know what they'll do in those soccer stadiums... like actually play pokemon soccer in the games?!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The relic castle with a tree growing out of it looks like it'll be interesting. I've been trying to see if anything could be connected to other regions.

axelme

i find the art for this region to be just beautiful and amazing.
Honestly I would be pumped if they turned Galar into the original Gym Region, or like the original Region that colonized a bunch of other regions into the Gym System they have. Just to give a nod to how the UK colonized a bunch of other places but a lot of places are trying to get back to their original cultures. Or they'll just play up that concept within the region itself it seems and have industrial vs nature within the region.

But I do like to think that since Galar region is like this... Canada would have been a mix between Galar region and Alola region mostly now that I think of it, with a bit of Unova in the few huge cities we have. ( Just for my head cannons lol )

i love this idea

mtie123

Johto's Hero
If they don't go for Kalos as second region I hope they make Ireland the post-game and have like 4/5 trial like things with its own champion (Like Red was in HGSS)

I like the idea as Galar currently looks "Sword Shaped" there may be a second island to the south (Possibly where that long bridge numbered 95 on the map on the previous page) that is shaped like a shield

Shimaran

Hi there

I saw someone on another website mention that Galar is also an anagram for Graal, which means the Holy Grail in french.
Makes sense since we have hints that Shield and Sword will be based on arthurian legends.
Also, maybe some figures like Arthur, Merlin and the knights of the round table will appear in these games ?

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Hi there

I saw someone on another website mention that Galar is also an anagram for Graal, which means the Holy Grail in french.
Makes sense since we have hints that Shield and Sword will be based on arthurian legends.
Also, maybe some figures like Arthur, Merlin and the knights of the round table will appear in these games ?

Maybe we could get the first female villainous leader whose a play on Morgana?

That be super cool, as I'd love a female leader for the villain team

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Maybe we could get the first female villainous leader whose a play on Morgana?

That be super cool, as I'd love a female leader for the villain team
Lusamine is the first female leader leading a Villain Team (Aether Foundation; SM).

Galar could be the first region where it is literally so hard to pin-point the exact location of Pokémon League after Alola's Aether Paradise vs. Glacier Building discussion in Mt. Lanakila, and even you knew it was one of the two. With Unova and Kalos, it was so direct.

Part of me wishes the league is owned by the royalty, as well as open to the public in restricted area(s), so they watch you and recognize your skill as a worthy trainer.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Lusamine is the first female leader leading a Villain Team (Aether Foundation; SM).

Galar could be the first region where it is literally so hard to pin-point the exact location of Pokémon League after Alola's Aether Paradise vs. Glacier Building discussion in Mt. Lanakila, and even you knew it was one of the two. With Unova and Kalos, it was so direct.

Part of me wishes the league is owned by the royalty, as well as open to the public in restricted area(s), so they watch you and recognize your skill as a worthy trainer.

Good point she completely slipped my mind

My guess for the league would either be the tower in PokeLondon or the center building with the crown in the middle city.

I like the idea of it being the crown building as that is bang in the middle of the region almost like a center point

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't get why Aether is even called a villainous team when their actions are actually legit nice. They protect Pokemon! It's only because of Lusamine's poison/intoxication from Nihilego that made her crazy in the past. Otherwise very nice people (and the whole team wasn't even promoted in merchandise in relation to the other villains of the past).

It would be nice for an actual villainous team to be owned by a female character for the first time though.

Shadowclaw191

I'm confused, can the area with loads of water be accessed from the bottom area? Cause from what i see it doesnt look that way.

It seems like you can only get in from the top. What if it's the legendary area? Like you have to get to the central island and pull out a sword or a shield... and the legendary has been there all along. So like sword in the stone mythology.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I'm confused, can the area with loads of water be accessed from the bottom area? Cause from what i see it doesnt look that way.

It seems like you can only get in from the top. What if it's the legendary area? Like you have to get to the central island and pull out a sword or a shield... and the legendary has been there all along. So like sword in the stone mythology.

Do you mean the lakes/lochs below the industrial town?

As that looks like it will be accessed by train from the first big town

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I don't get why Aether is even called a villainous team when their actions are actually legit nice. They protect Pokemon! It's only because of Lusamine's poison/intoxication from Nihilego that made her crazy in the past. Otherwise very nice people (and the whole team wasn't even promoted in merchandise in relation to the other villains of the past).

It would be nice for an actual villainous team to be owned by a female character for the first time though.
Since when animal cruelty is nice? Remember Type: Null specifically being created to fight against the UBs, and dumped in the laboratory until saved by Gladion.

I can also include the Foundation members willingly chase Lillie to get Cosmog for its death, as well as the Pokémon frozen to death in her room which no one seemed to mind or mentioned at the HQ.