1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

That would be good, although there was a Champion with the same name.

2. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

Did you not see the list on this post?

3. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Aw right. How about an Elm tree? See where I'm going with this?

AgentKallus and janejane6178 like this.
  4. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

What part of "already taken" do you not understand?

Tree names already taken:
    Gen 1:Oak
    Gen 2:Elm
    Gen 3:Birch
    Gen 4: Rowan
    Gen 5: Juniper
    Gen 6: Sycamore
    Gen 7: Kukui

5. shoz999

..... Do you know what England's National Tree is?

6. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

That would be the Royal Oak but the problem with that is again Oak is already taken.

7. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

Looking at that video at 5 and a half minutes in, the second of those two buildings, which GameXplain think are shops, I think is a clothes shop. It looks like it could be displaying mannequins. I'd be surprised though to find trainer customization options that early in the game though.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. shoz999

....... Hmmmm... you both realize that I chose the most common trees of the UK, knowing they've already been done, on purpose right?

AgentKallus likes this.
  9. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

After watching this video and finding out that the soccer field is actually the grass gym, i am starting to question some things.

First, are all gyms going to be like that? I doubt they would use the same scenario for every single gym so i am going to suppose that no.

Second, if the soccer field is the grass gym, then why are you fighting against a Tyranitar, which is a Rock/Dark Pokemon?

My theory is that they changed the gym formula once again. Maybe instead of your opponent only using pokemon of that gym's type, you are the one who can only use pokemon of that type.

10. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

That would really suck.

11. shoz999

They probably just switched up the scenes from time to time to keep people from guessing what Pokemon teams exist. Although a Tyranitar is a Lv. 55 Pokemon? Are we going to see a rock or dark-type gym as the 7th or 8th gym? Or when Ohmori meant by changing things up, does he literally mean changing the gym's difficulty somehow?

Okay so here's the map by @Wulava. He thinks there are ten gyms from the last time he posted this but it's pretty obvious there is eight once you take out the two laboratory-style buildings out of the way.

EDIT: Correction. Wulava said that he already knew at the time that 1 and 9 aren't gyms.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  12. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

I don't think that 1 and 9 is a gym but a school type?

Ignition likes this.
  13. Shadowclaw191

Shadowclaw191 Well-Known Member

I dont think number 10 is a gym though, it looks way different and honestly could be an endgame facility.

14. shoz999

If it were up to me though my guess, based on the color of the Pokeballs, symbolism and the backgrounds...
    2 - Steel
    3 - Grass
    4 - Water
    5 - Dragon (the Dragon Head on top of the tower)
    6 - Rock or Ground
    7 - Fairy/Psychic
    8 - Ice
    10 - the 10th one I have absolutely no clue. That could be anything. That's probably not even a Gym.

I stated that 1 and 9 are most likely not Gyms. According to the analysis video, we could actually get two Pokemon Professors as they look too important to go unused.

15. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

My second theory is that you go through a tournament-like challenge where you have to beat several trainers with teams that aren't monotype in order to face the Gym Leader.

That'd justify a Tyranitar in the grass gym.

16. shoz999

It could be a different gym. If all those stadium scenes were just the grass gym then notice how none of the other stadiums were ever shown.

17. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

It's just that it would be really repetitive if all the stadiums were soccer fields.

Since the grass type symbol appears in that stadium, i supposed it was just the style they chose for that grass gym and that they didn't want to spoil too much by revealing even more gyms' interior designs.

18. shoz999

BINGO! And it's that reason why I'm so curious about the stadiums? Will it be repetitive or is there some angle here were not seeing?

19. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Since GF doesn't usually repeat the design of gyms from the same game and these past games' gym designs were quite distinct, i am more inclined to believe that is just one of them that we are seeing.

Really hope i am not wrong in this one. I don't dislike soccer all that much, but just seeing the same scenario over and over again would be a shame.

Like people mentioned before, there is also a possibility that they are not actually gyms (nor their substitute) and instead just a place for you to battle, which i wouldn't mind.

janejane6178 likes this.
  20. shoz999

Yup! It's possible those eight particular stadiums set in specific locations and are standing out in most of the cities and towns representing specific Pokemon typings are not Pokemon Gyms at all! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist pointing out the obvious.