1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Yeah, the possibility is definetly there. I do think, however, that is the least likely scenario, because, in the map, there is nothing else that resembles gyms as much as these stadiums. And it would also be unusual to see places like these getting so much spotlight in the map if they were just a bunch of battle facilities where you grind your pokémon or something like that.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

My prediction is that there might be multiple challengers to go through. Thus the Stadium-like arenas. Once you battle these stadiums the gym leader appears and you can challenge them. I also suspect we might be getting a lot more sports-themed events this time around. B/W had a good couple of stadiums so they could definitely expand upon that concept. Poke-rugby or football sounds like a fun idea.

3. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Just to clarify, in my original post regarding this, if you actually read my post, I never said 9 & 10 to be gyms. It's the tutorial and League respectively.

4. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Ah. My mistake.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  5. im_the_rhino

im_the_rhino The only true Rhino

Professor Aspen? That's not taken. :)

6. im_the_rhino

[​IMG]
    I reckon that 10 is this place.

7. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

It can be any stadium except the last. Just look at the "spikes" at the top that surround the stadium. The last stadium (10) has an arch.

8. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

no, it's the Grass stadium from number 3 because if you take a closer look at where the stands are you can clearly see the leaf logo that you had originally saw on the front of the gym so this is likely what part of the inside of the gym/stadium looks like.

9. im_the_rhino

Ah, I see now.

10. Nodame

Nodame Cute Pokemon fan

The stadium that showcased Tyranitar is not the same Grass soccer Stadium.

11. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I think people are putting way too much thought into the soccer thing... To me it looks like a pokeathlon/contest/pokestudios style side game.

12. Nodame

Nodame Cute Pokemon fan

Hopefully we don’t wear soccer clothes in every stadium/gym battle :S

13. DjautheJackal

DjautheJackal The Anubian Jackal

The problem with the stadiums being the Gyms, is they would all look the same. I can't see that happening.

14. Terrysaurus

Terrysaurus Active Member

i dont like much the soccer clothes tbh. id like more customization options like Barcelona's colour shirt and pants.

i hope the gym battles wont get boring and monotone, entering a big stadium and fighting the gym leader oof.
    we need more info tbh

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  15. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Then where are the gyms? I know the map isn't 1:1, but you'd think we'd be able to spot at least a few. There's also the fact that one of the stadiums has a grass logo, which screams gym.

That's... always been the case? Unova is the only region with entirely unique gyms.

16. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

Kalos were pretty unique tbf

Going off the Kalos map that was shown originally only really Lumiose tower is visable and maybe Laverre city's gym, so it could be that they're hidden. However it seems weird to have those stadiums be so prominent and be just a side thing like contests

17. dn10

dn10 Member

Any chance the other few stadiums could be in Ireland? Sun and Moon originally just showed one island I believe, maybe there’s more to the map.

Also, the four flags on the castle building in the trailer could represent the four regions of the UK.

18. AgentKallus

AgentKallus A human person.

In one of the other threads @NovaBrunswick was wondering how they might adapt British weather and that got me thinking about what they might do. The weather is something Britain is very passionate about and so this could be a good opportunity for them to add some new weather effects. Perhaps a proper thunderstorm that has 1/3 of a lightning strike each round that would deal a random Pokémon electric type damage ( Which would be good for Pokémon with motor drive) and also functions like rain on top of that. A double rainbow could have the effects of sun and rain and also boost fairies and hurt dark types. Strong wind could speed up one side and slow the other.

I hope the whole football thing isn't as heavy-handed as Kalos' fashion focus.
    I noticed and it was great. :p

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  19. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

But if the stadiums are for a football minigame why would we see Lucario and Tyranitar battling inside one? Unless thats where wifi battle take place maybe

20. baconrules

baconrules Ostrich master

I'm a college student so I don't get much time to stay current on the forums . Did you guys already notice the Shield and cog looking art in what I'm assuming to be a temple or altar area? It's on the top left of picture 6 in the above collage . I would guess that it's more placeholder-y on the map, but perhaps the gears are indicative of something unseen within the Galar region . The hopeful part of me wants it to be a portion of the region is actually highly advanced and hidden underground . The more realistic side thinks that it either means nothing or might hint at a design motif for a legendary .