• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Xuxuba

Yup! It's possible those eight particular stadiums set in specific locations and are standing out in most of the cities and towns representing specific Pokemon typings are not Pokemon Gyms at all! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist pointing out the obvious.
Yeah, the possibility is definetly there. I do think, however, that is the least likely scenario, because, in the map, there is nothing else that resembles gyms as much as these stadiums. And it would also be unusual to see places like these getting so much spotlight in the map if they were just a bunch of battle facilities where you grind your pokémon or something like that.

Last edited:

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
My prediction is that there might be multiple challengers to go through. Thus the Stadium-like arenas. Once you battle these stadiums the gym leader appears and you can challenge them. I also suspect we might be getting a lot more sports-themed events this time around. B/W had a good couple of stadiums so they could definitely expand upon that concept. Poke-rugby or football sounds like a fun idea.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Okay so here's the map by @Wulava. He thinks there are ten gyms from the last time he posted this but it's pretty obvious there is eight once you take out the two laboratory-style buildings out of the way.

W1v18YL.png

Just to clarify, in my original post regarding this, if you actually read my post, I never said 9 & 10 to be gyms. It's the tutorial and League respectively.

ShadowForce720

It can be any stadium except the last. Just look at the "spikes" at the top that surround the stadium. The last stadium (10) has an arch.

no, it's the Grass stadium from number 3 because if you take a closer look at where the stands are you can clearly see the leaf logo that you had originally saw on the front of the gym so this is likely what part of the inside of the gym/stadium looks like.

Nodame

Misty <3
After watching this video and finding out that the soccer field is actually the grass gym, i am starting to question some things.

First, are all gyms going to be like that? I doubt they would use the same scenario for every single gym so i am going to suppose that no.

Second, if the soccer field is the grass gym, then why are you fighting against a Tyranitar, which is a Rock/Dark Pokemon?

My theory is that they changed the gym formula once again. Maybe instead of your opponent only using pokemon of that gym's type, you are the one who can only use pokemon of that type.
The stadium that showcased Tyranitar is not the same Grass soccer Stadium.

Terrysaurus

i dont like much the soccer clothes tbh. id like more customization options like Barcelona's colour shirt and pants.

i hope the gym battles wont get boring and monotone, entering a big stadium and fighting the gym leader oof.
we need more info tbh

Grey Wind

I think people are putting way too much thought into the soccer thing... To me it looks like a pokeathlon/contest/pokestudios style side game.
Then where are the gyms? I know the map isn't 1:1, but you'd think we'd be able to spot at least a few. There's also the fact that one of the stadiums has a grass logo, which screams gym.

The problem with the stadiums being the Gyms, is they would all look the same. I can't see that happening.
That's... always been the case? Unova is the only region with entirely unique gyms.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Then where are the gyms? I know the map isn't 1:1, but you'd think we'd be able to spot at least a few. There's also the fact that one of the stadiums has a grass logo, which screams gym.

That's... always been the case? Unova is the only region with entirely unique gyms.

Kalos were pretty unique tbf

Going off the Kalos map that was shown originally only really Lumiose tower is visable and maybe Laverre city's gym, so it could be that they're hidden. However it seems weird to have those stadiums be so prominent and be just a side thing like contests

dn10

Any chance the other few stadiums could be in Ireland? Sun and Moon originally just showed one island I believe, maybe there’s more to the map.

Also, the four flags on the castle building in the trailer could represent the four regions of the UK.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
In one of the other threads @NovaBrunswick was wondering how they might adapt British weather and that got me thinking about what they might do. The weather is something Britain is very passionate about and so this could be a good opportunity for them to add some new weather effects. Perhaps a proper thunderstorm that has 1/3 of a lightning strike each round that would deal a random Pokémon electric type damage ( Which would be good for Pokémon with motor drive) and also functions like rain on top of that. A double rainbow could have the effects of sun and rain and also boost fairies and hurt dark types. Strong wind could speed up one side and slow the other.

I hope the whole football thing isn't as heavy-handed as Kalos' fashion focus.
....... Hmmmm... you both realize that I chose the most common trees of the UK, knowing they've already been done, on purpose right?

I noticed and it was great. :p

mtie123

Johto's Hero
In one of the other threads @NovaBrunswick was wondering how they might adapt British weather and that got me thinking about what they might do. The weather is something Britain is very passionate about and so this could be a good opportunity for them to add some new weather effects. Perhaps a proper thunderstorm that has 1/3 of a lightning strike each round that would deal a random Pokémon electric type damage ( Which would be good for Pokémon with motor drive) and also functions like rain on top of that. A double rainbow could have the effects of sun and rain and also boost fairies and hurt dark types. Strong wind could speed up one side and slow the other.

I hope the whole football thing isn't as heavy-handed as Kalos' fashion focus.

I noticed and it was great. :p

But if the stadiums are for a football minigame why would we see Lucario and Tyranitar battling inside one? Unless thats where wifi battle take place maybe

baconrules

Ostrich master
I'm a college student so I don't get much time to stay current on the forums . Did you guys already notice the Shield and cog looking art in what I'm assuming to be a temple or altar area? It's on the top left of picture 6 in the above collage . I would guess that it's more placeholder-y on the map, but perhaps the gears are indicative of something unseen within the Galar region . The hopeful part of me wants it to be a portion of the region is actually highly advanced and hidden underground . The more realistic side thinks that it either means nothing or might hint at a design motif for a legendary .