1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Feb 27, 2019.

1. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Prof Alder would be interesting.

What about Prof Maple?

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  2. DjautheJackal

DjautheJackal The Anubian Jackal

I mean the inside of the stadiums. They would all look the same, compared to how gyms work.

3. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

[​IMG]
    I am not sure if anyone noted this, but I think that's the icy town area (snow kind of gives it away), and the gym or whatever in the back. The symbol almost looks too dark for ice, so maybe steel here? Maybe it's too early and it's just not a finished design and it will be lighter or it's just night time? What do you think?

4. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

Arena is behind of what you may call a mansion(?), so that isn't the symbol you're looking for.

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Yeah, lemoncatpower posted the said mansion(which I guess is based off Liverpool Town Hall? It has similar neoclassical architecture).

The "supports"/columns of the stadium can be seen behind.

6. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

AH i See, I thought the gym was on top of the building with columns, not behind it.

I am excited to see what they turn the Liverpool Town Hall into! It almost looks like the gym could be the top part of the town hall, but it does look like it's behind it also.. or it looks like a glorified entrance to the gym thingy.

DSDark likes this.
  7. Jadgirl04

Jadgirl04 Lilac Dungeoneer

Actually people a few pages back stated it was similar to the city of Bath! They're known for having roman buildings with hot water spring pools in them, and the building at the back does look a lot like one of the entrances to the irl location. As for the hot springs, the pool at the center appears to be steaming and really, who would put a fountain in the middle of a snowy town if the water would just freeze? The buildings around the fountain also have a similar look to them as the buildings in Bath Circus, a circular housing area which even similar windows, though I will say there are a number of places I can think of that have similar layouts.

Here's a pic to show the similarities!

8. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

^I see, I didn't consider it because the location does not match to the real life map(real life Bath is below Wales, but the map shows everything south of London to be mountainside), so I guess they mixed and matched the location, just like the Dorset Giant mural.

9. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

Has anyone found anything that resembles a daycare/nursery yet?

10. Dragalge

Dragalge Eiscue

It might be the small building above the steampunk city thingy.

11. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

Big long stretch of road in front of it to hatch eggs on, good shout!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    LilligantLewis and Dragalge like this.
  12. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

13. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Agreed I saw Hawthorne on a similar list and almost mentioned it. But was just reminded of bird lady from D2 so I didn't.

Oaks are very common over there too. What if we get Prof. Gary Oak?

AgentKallus likes this.
  14. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

Just looking through the screenshots again https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/9.jpg

On the right hand side building there are different coloured flags with different emblems, a castle, crown, flower and another i can't make out.

maybe it's of different factions all vying for the spot of champion maybe? Kind of like the war of the roses but with a lot less murder

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  15. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Nice catch!

Roman baths would be a really cool thing to include, we haven't really seen something like that before.

There's a house to the east of the grass gym city that I think could be it. It's on a long, straight stretch by the bridge.

I wonder if they could represent different sections of the region? Like central Kalos etc.

04n70n10 likes this.
  16. Terrysaurus

Terrysaurus Active Member

the proffesor could be called, proffesor Tea....
    :v

17. dn10

dn10 Member

Think the four flags are for the four regions of the UK. Which could mean we are getting (Nothern) Ireland as well.

18. Argentarus

Argentarus Introducing Pokemon SOwOrd and ShUwUield

Bingo! Somebody's paying attention to the small details. It could be rock, but, honestly, Dark is likely the candidate due to it's coloration. The stadium that the player character is wearing the soccer clothes in is probably the Grass gym. The beams seem to have a green-ish tint to them, but has a chance of being different due to the dark lighting. In the trailer, the "snow area" has black-ish/dark gray-ish beams, but again the lighting is too dark to see if there is any brighter colors on it. Considering the Steampunk city being excessively industrial, the steampunk city might have the steel stadium.

19. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

Good point, each symbol then divides in the Pokedex or something

The middle city I think could also be based of Pendragon Castle, it comes from Arthurian legend supposedly built by Uther Pendragon who was meant to have been King Arthur Father

It doesn't strike me as any interpretation of a modern UK city like the city at the top and the industrialised city

20. sunny phoenix

sunny phoenix Well-Known Member

Egypt, Greece, Italy, China...