1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Feb 27, 2019.

1. DjautheJackal

DjautheJackal The Anubian Jackal

I don't think they have quite as strong a modern culture as the UK.

2. sunny phoenix

sunny phoenix Well-Known Member

I didnt know modern was a thing for pkmn regions. Expect from a modern town/city or two all of the previous regions serve a more rural approach with a lot of mythological and historical elements... And Galar seems to be going this approach too, at least from the things we saw in the trailer...

3. DjautheJackal

The theme of this one is the Industrial Revolution, which is probably why they picked the inventor of the Industrial Revolution.

4. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Galar's apparent Industrial theme reminds me of Volcanion

5. DjautheJackal

I could see Volcanion being a catchable legendary in this game, along the lines of Deoxys in Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby.

janejane6178 likes this.
  6. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

why?

7. DjautheJackal

Why not? seems to the Not-Manchester city.

8. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Can you honestly tell me you could identify the references of real-life regions of Japan in the first four Pokémon games?

Strong modern culture is rather irrelevant, given most players know next to nothing about the location used for a region.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  9. DjautheJackal

Nah I couldn't, they aren't really important. Just seems the best country to use for the story theme they seem to be going for.

10. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Here's the Gamexplain analysis of the Galar region's map! They are a very trustworthy source of information known for their incredibly thorough analyses.

On close inspections, there's actually more pathways than meets the eye. It will probably be barred from access at different points of the games but nonlinear options are a possibility.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  11. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

What would y'all like the pseudo legendary type of the region to be?

12. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

We are going get some like a dragon type pseudo-legendary Pokemon in the Galar-chihõ region likely.

Ignition likes this.
  13. Rakansen

Rakansen ラルフ

I would love a Fairy-type based on Celtic mythology, or a Steel-type based on Arthurian legends.

14. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

I hope it's something other than dragon but we all know it'll probably be dragon. Wouldn't mind it to be fairy but then it would have an advantage over the dragon pseudos. Maybe something that would be more neutral vs. them.

15. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not gonna happen. The entire point of Mythicals is that they're extremely rare and thus can't be encountered in-game.

ORAS was released well over a decade after Deoxys was made available in the games. Volcanion, on the other hands, is relatively new.

It was a special one-time thing, presumably to reference all those "you can go to space to catch Deoxys" rumors from way back in the Gen III days.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  16. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I don't really care much for types but for me I would like to see more legendaries that are more local to specific areas including the mascots themselves instead of something regional. The only time we've ever had mascot legendaries that were local legends were Lugia and Ho-Oh whose myths and presence are centralized in specific locations, the Whirlpool Islands and Ecruteak City. I want something like that to make a return in Sword and Shield where much of the legendaries are local legends rather than regional myths where nearly everyone knows about it or says that everyone in the region knows about it.

17. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Given Britain’s industrial past, I would probably think that they’re leftovers from when Galar was more of an industrial region. In Britain, there are many water and cotton mills left from the Industrial Revolution in the 19th century, many still working like living museums. So maybe the cogs are from a museum of some sort?

Oh yes, I think I read another thread on this forum a long time ago about all the stupid rumours about Pokémon we believed when we were kids. Another common one was the mysterious white rock seen just outside the Mossdeep Space Centre was hiding Jirachi, and you could ride the space shuttle after 100 successful launches to catch Deoxys.

All the NPCs in Galar will just bang on about the weather when you talk to them. XD

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  18. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

I would want a dragon type based off of the European dragon

19. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Just don't make it a dragon. I've always wanted to see something based on a roc, maybe a griffin either.

20. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Assuming we get 90-100+ Pokemon this region, just give us 2 psdeuos like gen3.

One can be /Dragon (hopefully Grass/Dragon or Bug/Dragon) and the other a none /Dragon combo.

LilligantLewis likes this.