1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Too soon imo

That stuff should apply to the old mythicals like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin, Darkrai.... stuff that rarely shows up anymore(Outside of Japan)

LilligantLewis likes this.
  2. DjautheJackal

DjautheJackal The Anubian Jackal

If they are sticking true to Gaelic and Celtic fae mythology of the british isles, then we'll have one cover legend who is part Fairy and one who is part Steel. Perhaps Grass/Fairy and Poison/Steel?

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  3. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

So a steel wolf? That would be a sight to see...

4. sooterkin

sooterkin Member

I can't see much of Wales which is dissapointing. Really hope we get some different Accents in the NPC script.
    Hopefully we also get visit the Elite Fours hometowns. Maybe we can have a Celtic Elite four since the Map seems to be heavily inspired by UK but mostly England. Also Hope we can travel to Ireland or Kalos postgame since while the map is big, it seems like most of it will mandatory in the main game. Hopefully we can pick and choose which parts we go to first?

5. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Do people think Ryuki will show up in Galar?

6. MalcolmBelmontS

MalcolmBelmontS Well-Known Member

I am pretty certain in terms of the Stadiums/Gyms - this is how it's going to turn out:

Right now my bets are on:

1st Stadium: Fire
    2nd Stadium: Grass
    3rd Stadium: Water
    4th Stadium: Ground
    5th Stadium: Fairy
    6th Stadium: Ice
    7th Stadium: Dragon
    8th Stadium: Steel

7. sooterkin

sooterkin Member

If so would he be a gym leader or Elite four?

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Wasn't his dream to be a gym leader? Imho he'd be a pretty good Dragon Gym leader and it's kind of nice to see characters from older games in newer ones.

9. sooterkin

sooterkin Member

I'd be happy with that. Dragon types are overdone for the E4 to be honest. I would like him not to be a late Gym leader though.

10. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I really hope we get more dynamic weather in these games. It'd be cool if rain, sun and even hail could happen in any route and wasn't just static in certain places, and if it affected encounters. Not hugely, just make certain Pokemon appear more frequently in certain conditions, and have a handful that are exclusive to specific weather. Also, bring back the day/night cycle affecting counters. I've always felt that stuff like that made the region feel more 'alive'.

11. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

You can count on rain for sure. UK is known for always being rainy. So the game will be like XY in that aspect, that one also had these random spurts of rain happening which you needed to evolve sliggoo

Orphalesion likes this.
  12. Orphalesion

My guess with the day/night cycle encounter is that they discontinued them after Gen II as to not encourage children playing the game to stay up past their bed time trying to catch nocturnal Pokemon.

13. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

It was brought back in Gen IV and VII though.

14. Orphalesion

In my defense I never played Gen IV.

But woah...I totally forgot that and I even had Shiinotic on my team in a couple of playthroughs...

15. Achernar

Achernar star-mapping pro

the region is kinda small though... i can only count around 10 cities/communities.

16. dn10

dn10 Member

They usually don’t release the full map on day one. There’s probably more to the region (Ireland or a Kalos visit) than what they’re showing now.

17. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 #TEAMSOBBLE

there are buildings in the trailer that aren't on the map, so it's most likely not like the alola map, which was a 1:1 representation

18. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Plus, some of those towns/communities look pretty big.

19. Rakansen

Rakansen ラルフ

I would love for that to be an option post-game. The Pokémon games have all been sorely lacking in post-game content since Gen VI so I hope Sword and Sun compensate for that.

20. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Oh my Arceus

They finally based a region off Westeros!