1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Feb 27, 2019.

1. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Kalos didn't have one either.

Shadowclaw191 likes this.
  2. VoltaireSurge

VoltaireSurge Active Member

Pretty sure unova didnt have one originally either. They added a lava cave in bw2 but only in one of the 2 versions.

3. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

It's not an active volcano, its the inside of the reversal mountain on the east side of unova. There isn't a volcano in unova, kalos, and galar. I don't think Alola's volcano is active though

4. VoltaireSurge

I think the person who asked was refering to a volcano in general. Maybe thinking a volcano with lava means its active. Technically only Hoenn has an active volcano. Hoenn, sinnoh, alola are the only regions with volcanoes. Kanto had one but it must have been under the island

LilligantLewis likes this.
  5. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Did Kalos have a volcano...? I don't remember one. I also don't remember one in Unova

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  6. ReneEnjolras

ReneEnjolras Explorer of Ruins

IIRC Hoenn has Mt. Chimney (active), Sinnoh has Stark Mountain (active in Platinum), Alola has Wela Volcano. Kanto has one under Cinnabar Island and there's one on one of the Sevii Isles too.

7. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Mess. It's been too long! I guess just ORAS and USUM left a big impression then

8. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

9. SoulRebel726

SoulRebel726 Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see what they do to differentiate each gym from another. To me, the best part of gyms was how varied and unique they were (for the most part.) I liked that there was often a mini puzzle to solve and the gym itself had a defined theme.

I'm sure they won't all just be a big green field surrounded by a crowd, but I'm not sure what direction that will take.

Redstar45 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  10. We are a week after the reveal and people are going ceazy with leaks and co!

11. landipan

landipan Well-Known Member

I don't love that it seems there's going to be a heavy sports theme with the gyms. Maybe they're not all like that tho?

janejane6178, Nodame and KenzeyEevee like this.
  12. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

I mean, for places called gyms they took long enough to actually incorporate more of a gym theme to them. The last I remember they even did it for was for the fighting type gyms. Are certain sports big in the U.K? It's possible that could part of their inspiration.

13. VoltaireSurge

Football. Football is MASSIVE in the UK. (Football as in soccer)

Also, i made a picture thats meant to visualize my point about Galar being the UK with Scotland being flipped horizontally. Alot of landmarks are all over the place still tho but most landmarks we see from the Galar map are all along the south area of England, aside from a few specific areas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ducolamia likes this.
  14. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

That's interesting. Maybe we'll get some Football related mini-games? The jersey seems to be a dead giveaway, but I'm down for doing some sports-related game to raising pokemon's stats, or even IVs/EVs. Could be a nice substitute for Super Training? Or maybe some battle facilities?

15. VoltaireSurge

Possibly? Sounds jonda like that thing from gen 6

Redstar45 likes this.
  16. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Well they straight up showed a football field in the trailer so it's absolutely making some sort of appearance.

17. Nodame

Nodame 2 days left my baby

I don't mind having football in a mini game, but please don't force it down our throats in Gym battles.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

Kalos and Johto lacked one, not counting the Kanto post-game. Honestly the only memorable volcano area that left an impression on me was BW2's volcano area. It actually feels like your exploring a volcano that could blow up any second.

19. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

I would absolutely hate any sort of soccer mini game, as I already said. When I play Pokemon, I wanna play Pokemon not ****** FiFa.
    So if it exists, it better be 150% optional...

lemoncatpower and janejane6178 like this.
  20. VoltaireSurge

That wasnt a volcano. and was only in 1 of the 2 games.