• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

DSDark

Breeder
Pretty sure unova didnt have one originally either. They added a lava cave in bw2 but only in one of the 2 versions.

It's not an active volcano, its the inside of the reversal mountain on the east side of unova. There isn't a volcano in unova, kalos, and galar. I don't think Alola's volcano is active though

VoltaireSurge

It's not an active volcano, its the inside of the reversal mountain on the east side of unova. There isn't a volcano in unova, kalos, and galar. I don't think Alola's volcano is active though
I think the person who asked was refering to a volcano in general. Maybe thinking a volcano with lava means its active. Technically only Hoenn has an active volcano. Hoenn, sinnoh, alola are the only regions with volcanoes. Kanto had one but it must have been under the island

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
IIRC Hoenn has Mt. Chimney (active), Sinnoh has Stark Mountain (active in Platinum), Alola has Wela Volcano. Kanto has one under Cinnabar Island and there's one on one of the Sevii Isles too.

SoulRebel726

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1104087157033951232

Just confirmed by Nintendo of America, Stadiums are in fact gyms

Interesting that they refer to Gym Leaders are Gym Masters here

I'm curious to see what they do to differentiate each gym from another. To me, the best part of gyms was how varied and unique they were (for the most part.) I liked that there was often a mini puzzle to solve and the gym itself had a defined theme.

I'm sure they won't all just be a big green field surrounded by a crowd, but I'm not sure what direction that will take.

D

Deleted member 384931

We are a week after the reveal and people are going ceazy with leaks and co!

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I don't love that it seems there's going to be a heavy sports theme with the gyms. Maybe they're not all like that tho?

I mean, for places called gyms they took long enough to actually incorporate more of a gym theme to them. The last I remember they even did it for was for the fighting type gyms. Are certain sports big in the U.K? It's possible that could part of their inspiration.

VoltaireSurge

I mean, for places called gyms they took long enough to actually incorporate more of a gym theme to them. The last I remember they even did it for was for the fighting type gyms. Are certain sports big in the U.K? It's possible that could part of their inspiration.
Football. Football is MASSIVE in the UK. (Football as in soccer)

Also, i made a picture thats meant to visualize my point about Galar being the UK with Scotland being flipped horizontally. Alot of landmarks are all over the place still tho but most landmarks we see from the Galar map are all along the south area of England, aside from a few specific areas.
uk_galar_region_map_edit_by_linkmaster101_dd15q10-pre.jpg

UK-Galar-Region-Map-Edit-788006916

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Football. Football is MASSIVE in the UK. (Football as in soccer)

Also, i made a picture thats meant to visualize my point about Galar being the UK with Scotland being flipped horizontally. Alot of landmarks are all over the place still tho but most landmarks we see from the Galar map are all along the south area of England, aside from a few specific areas.
uk_galar_region_map_edit_by_linkmaster101_dd15q10-pre.jpg

UK-Galar-Region-Map-Edit-788006916

That's interesting. Maybe we'll get some Football related mini-games? The jersey seems to be a dead giveaway, but I'm down for doing some sports-related game to raising pokemon's stats, or even IVs/EVs. Could be a nice substitute for Super Training? Or maybe some battle facilities?

VoltaireSurge

That's interesting. Maybe we'll get some Football related mini-games? The jersey seems to be a dead giveaway, but I'm down for doing some sports-related game to raising pokemon's stats, or even IVs/EVs. Could be a nice substitute for Super Training? Or maybe some battle facilities?
Possibly? Sounds jonda like that thing from gen 6

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is this the first region in years without an active vulcano? Kinda sad we have to do without one.
Kalos and Johto lacked one, not counting the Kanto post-game. Honestly the only memorable volcano area that left an impression on me was BW2's volcano area. It actually feels like your exploring a volcano that could blow up any second.

VoltaireSurge

Kalos and Johto lacked one, not counting the Kanto post-game. Honestly the only memorable volcano area that left an impression on me was BW2's volcano area. It actually feels like your exploring a volcano that could blow up any second.
That wasnt a volcano. and was only in 1 of the 2 games.