• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

It could be like a game show type of thing, like one gym has a quiz you have to pass before battling the Gym Master or maybe there's platforming segments or mazes. There could even be a kind of parkour puzzle.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I would absolutely hate any sort of soccer mini game, as I already said. When I play Pokemon, I wanna play Pokemon not ****** FiFa.
So if it exists, it better be 150% optional...
I completely agree. If any sports game is integrated into this as part of the main story I’ll wonder why they didn’t just make Pokémon strikers then.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'd like to see a hidden entrance behind a waterfall again (similiar to Giovanni's room in Tohjo Falls in HeartGold/SoulSilver), but this time to a plot-important location.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Yeah theres a few here too that just wanna complain about how "they look like 3DS graphics"... Bish where? Show me one 3DS game with graphics of that quality.
I mean tbf the jump from SM to SS’s graphics pales in comparison to the jump from XY to SM. That’s why it’s understandable that people say it’s upscaled SM graphics, person that is opposite of spicy!

Xuxuba

Has anyone reached a consensus about the graphics of the game?
From what i have seen so far, most people find it okay. Not amazing, but not terrible or bad either.

As for me, i am fine with it.
The lighting seems better than LGEP and the proportions are okay aswell, although the character models look a bit generic and some camera angles make it look cheap, but i am sure i won't pay much attention to this if the content is nice.

As of right now, if i had to give it a score, i would say 7.5/10. However, i am pretty sure they will fix some things up before the release, so that grade might go higher.

Last edited:

Creyk

The graphics are good in my opinion, they are not something to complain about. It is far more important that they put the game chuck-full of features, lots of areas to explore, give us many things to do.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Pretty sure they mentioned gyms in the direct anyway
Oh there are definitely gyms, but they just never confirmed that those stadiums are gyms.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Given how they look and how many they are. Pretty sure its self explanitory
Are the things with the type symbols the same as the stadium where you see the male player character entering with a SOCCER uniform? That's what I'm interested in.

VoltaireSurge

Are the things with the type symbols the same as the stadium where you see the male player character entering with a SOCCER uniform? That's what I'm interested in.
Yeah. Given their size and shape on the map, it makes sense. Plus it wouldnt be the first time pokemon and stadium were together.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yeah. Given their size and shape on the map, it makes sense. Plus it wouldnt be the first time pokemon and stadium were together.
So you have to wear a soccer uniform for every single gym? Seems like trash. I was hoping it was the Pokémon League or something, just one-time thing, or something like the sports centers in Nimbasa City which are side games.