• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

VoltTacklingPika

I am now dreading the localisation team opting for gratuitous cockney and flowery posh speak for some of its characters.

It looks like we'll be starting at the very bottom and climbing our way up, which could get quite dull if it's just vertical movement. Fortunately, the central part of the region looks to have some locations to the east and west, so there'll be some zigzagging. I'm also a fan of how the climate seems to shift the further north you go, and that land gets progressively more mountainous as well. I expect there'll be plenty of variation in the routes and dungeons.

Also, the design for the school girl in the trailer triggered me, if only because her tie is really short and stumpy, which was everywhere when I was in school and drove me nuts (kids did it to protect their ties from being pulled by other kids, but it looked ugly as sin). Nice attention to detail, I guess.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Looks small to me based on the map.

Edit: ok maybe not as linear as i thought on a second look

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Discuss and speculate stuff about the setting of the new Pokemon games here, the GALAR REGION

rN9mLnm.png
Found a better more clearer version of the map from Serebii's website. It seem Galar has three "Castelia" cities. An industrial city, a sci-fi city and an ancient city. Also does anyone notice the train station cutting through the mountains... down south... SUSPICIOUUUUS.
galar.jpg

Xuxuba

The overall theme of the region is industrial revolution, which is pretty nice considering it began in the Great Britain. I really adore the steel, steam and machine aesthetic of the game that contrasts with the nature. Really gives me an actual JRPG vibe. Love it.
Really? To me it seems like they focused more on the rural areas from the UK. It doesn't look like there are more big cities than small villages in the map, but i might be wrong.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Looking at the map, I see 6 Stadiums and 3 Gym fields.

Field 1 - East of starting town (Probably the Trainer school and not counted)
Field 2 - Northeast of above, by the purple manor, next to a lake
Stadium 1 - Center of steampunk city/Big Ben
Stadium 2 - Northeast of above, surrounded by fields
Stadium 3 - On east coast, by the lighthouse
Field 3 - West side of Draconian city, by the smaller Dragon tower
Stadium 4 - East of above, near the Dugtrio wall
Stadium 5 - Just north of above, by the mushroom forest
Stadium 6 - Northwest of Dragon/Crown city, foot of snow mountain

If we disregard the first field, then we get 8 possible gyms, like before.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Found a better more clearer version of the map from Serebii's website. It seem Galar has three "Castelia" cities. An industrial city, a sci-fi city and an ancient city. Also does anyone notice the train station cutting through the mountains... down south... SUSPICIOUUUUS.
galar.jpg
You can see the tracks re-emerging from the west of the first/second town

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm trying to figure out where the Elite 4 might be on this map

First thought was the tower in the Back city, but thats wishful thinking than anything.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It's unclear if we are even going to have an E4. The last scene was the London Stadium. We might just have an outright league, if the industrial towns are for the gyms.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just realized... the region is based on UPSIDE-DOWN Great Britain. No wonder the Big Ben and the London Eye are way on the top.

And I got confused. The Big Ben-like tower on the steampunk city is actually Manchester Town Hall. Makes sense more since it's labeled Home of Engineering.

Grey Wind

I just realized... the region is based on UPSIDE-DOWN Great Britain. No wonder the Big Ben and the London Eye are way on the top. And I got confused with the Big Ben-like tower on the steampunk city is Manchester Town Hall. Makes sense more since it's labeled Home of Engineering.
The shape seems to be upside down but I think the region still fits with normal UK, outside of Big Ben/London which is nowhere near it's real life counterpart either way. The northern part of Galar definitely seems to represent Scotland, what with the climate and what seems to be Hadrian's Wall.

e: Oh wait, I just got what you meant with Big Ben/the Manchester town hall. Good catch!

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I just realized... the region is based on UPSIDE-DOWN Great Britain. No wonder the Big Ben and the London Eye are way on the top.

And I got confused. The Big Ben-like tower on the steampunk city is actually Manchester Town Hall. Makes sense more since it's labeled Home of Engineering.
Which means this region isn't United Kingdom, it is just (Southern) England.

Here's another possibility I'd like to throw in…JUST Scotland.

Galar-----Gaelic?
As cool as that would be, there just isn't enough major cities in Scotland to satisfy 8 gyms. You have Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth.... and it just kind of ends there.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
For me, Galar is the only region where it's absolutely hard to pick a place for the league after Alola (Aether Paradise vs. Glacier Building at Mt. Lanakila). I would absolutely pin-point THIS PLACE as Victory Road and the League, only if the arena wasn't generic.

I like how HERE gives Hyrule Castle/Sanctum vibes for me.