• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss and speculate stuff about the setting of the new Pokemon games here, the GALAR REGION

rN9mLnm.png

Last edited:

Nockturne

Got some major Great Britain vibes from the overall map and the industrial revolution aesthetic it had going on. Looks like a London-esque city with a big ben clock tower as well

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
As some who was against the idea of a UK region, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.
Particularly because the league is in Scotland, of course.

Since Northern Ireland isn't in this region(neither are the Channel Islands or Wales) I suspect England itself will be divided into sub-regions.

Edit: I got confused, the map is shown top down, it is not upside down.

Edit 2: Correction: It is just England. Wales is mountainside, and Scotland is non-present, though Loch Ness is. Dorset Giant is also in an inaccurate place.

Edit 3: The regions:
*The giant area seems to be Nottingham or Lincoln.
*The industrial city like Wulava pointed is Manchester. The tower is from Manchester Town Hall.
*The lighthouse seems to be Blackpool.
*The cold area seems to be Liverpool. The "mansion" is similar to Liverpool Town Hall.
Note: Jadgirl04 has noted building is similar to Roman buildings in Bath, but the location does no match in the map. Maybe this is another area like the Dorset giant that is transposed into a different location.
*The walled area seems to be Birmingham. The eastern dragon is probably a reference to the Chinatown there.
*The ground region is probably Norwich, the mushroom region is probably Ipswich.
*London's tower is Orbit Tower. Other landmarks like the London Eye and Palace of Westminster/Big Ben are also there.

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Particularly because the league is in Scotland, of course.
Exactly. I love that. The region looks beautiful. I've been awaiting a region set in the land my ancestors came from for a while now. Very pleased with how it looks so far.

MalcolmBelmontS

The question is, is it United Kingdom or just England. Personally i think it's United Kingdom but i have seen some pepole say it's England

Golurk

PokeRanger
I also agree that the new region got some Britain vibe to it, but i think that it got some Norway/Sweden vibe as well, especially with the way the region map is like.
I'd be very surprised if it's not Britain because you could see the white horses of Wiltshire "parody" in the trailer

naruciakk

Robert von Oliva
Well, the region based on Britain… but from the map is more like the northern England and Scotland, first, the Scottish Borders (up the wall, which can actually be the an analog to the Hadrian's Wall) are actually in the southern part of the region and there's no London-like city in the south east. There is however an analog to the Big Ben in the trailer, and the city next to the wall is quite large, maybe the largest in the region, so London-sized Carlisle or Newcastle?

Two/three cities in the line of Glasgow-Edinburgh are also quite interesting.

Oh, and the XIX-century/steampunk-ish setting looks very promising.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I never thought I wanted a UK based region until today, it looks really beautiful!

I'm guessing Not-London will be the main city like Lumiose(Paris) and Castelia(New York) were