• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Baggie_Saiyan

I don't like how the map somewhat spoils/implies what gyms are there considering the symbols on the buildings tell what type the gym is based on. >_> Leave them out!
Hopefully we have mixed gyms with just the ace being the gym's specific theme type.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
There is a really weird Diglett shrine to the left of the big middle city which I'm very intrigued by.

This map also seems to be just major location to me, as in the back ground of the trailer when battling the trainer you can see a small cabin in the background behind the big purple house in the bottom right of the map.

All in all the region map looks cool

I can't exactly make out a linear line in which you can travel straight through the region but I felt the same about Kalos when I first saw it too so I'm sure the game will have a linear story and exploration

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
It looks like those fields could be used for tournaments. They might just have the E4 in one of those tournament rings as well.

There might also be some pokemon sports minigames too. Since out character is dressed in a jersey.

Scammel

Now that I've seen Big Ben in the north, it's clear that the industrial city is acutely Manchester. The exact colour palette of the town square.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Something I've been thinking about.... but I really hope the villain team are based off knights.
And I mean more actual knights, like they're actually wearing knight armor.

Cause who uses Sword and Shields? Knights!
If we can have a whole team dressed up like fashion geeks and a team full of guys/girls wearing spacesuits then armor wearing men/women wouldn't be out of place.
Plus... it'd just be neat to see a team using Steel types for a change.

Acer11

Something I've been thinking about.... but I really hope the villain team are based off knights.

If we can have a whole team dressed up like fashion geeks and a team full of guys/girls wearing spacesuits then armor wearing men/women wouldn't be out of place.
Wasn't Team Plasma based on Knights?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There is a really weird Diglett shrine to the left of the big middle city which I'm very intrigued by.

This map also seems to be just major location to me, as in the back ground of the trailer when battling the trainer you can see a small cabin in the background behind the big purple house in the bottom right of the map.

All in all the region map looks cool

I can't exactly make out a linear line in which you can travel straight through the region but I felt the same about Kalos when I first saw it too so I'm sure the game will have a linear story and exploration

The backgrounds of the battles might not be indicative of what's actually around you, they may just be generic.

Wasn't Team Plasma based on Knights?

They were.

Grey Wind

Yeah, I hope they go with a medieval theme for the evil team. I'd also love to see a royal family as the villains (or elite 4?)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Nodame

Misty <3
I am freaking out of how beautiful the region is, while I am still very excited, here are my thoughts:
- I kinda expected better graphics. It looks like an updated SM graphics to me.
- it's such a shame Pokemon aren't following us around, at least LGP/LGE was better at that.
- Trainer customisation MUST be extended in this game cuz just like SM I am not a fan of the trainers designs.
- Scorbunny <3
- Hoping for 100+ new Pokemon <3

I am all happy.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Interesting I'm noticing a lot of people comparing these Pokemon games not to Sun & Moon's graphics but Fire Emblem Three Houses graphics.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I like the region thus far, and I do like that we get to explored the UK.

Hopefully this means we get to go to Beachy Head, which I'd love to visit in real life.

My only gripe is once again, the Ice area is far off in the distance. Ice pokemon are always the hardest to get. For once, I'd like to have one early on.