• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^We have already seen game is linear like SMUSUM.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Looks like another small, cramped, linear region with a ton of flair in the background but minimal substance. This region seems to fall short of even my reduced expectations for this game. I’ll give them a chance to prove me wrong but they did a terrible job of making this look like an evolved, next gen console experience.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
What if this game is open world and we can take the train to get there after a tutorial area?

That would be nice. To do things at our leisure like in Let's GO would be wonderful.

^We have already seen game is linear like SMUSUM.

The layout of the region does not determine the range of leisure.

It could be that it's mapped out similar to previous regions, but we still have the freedom to come and go as we please, with some (obvious) exceptions. I'll admit this is sort of wishful thinking, though. lol

Looks like another small, cramped, linear region with a ton of flair in the background but minimal substance. This region seems to fall short of even my reduced expectations for this game. I’ll give them a chance to prove me wrong but they did a terrible job of making this look like an evolved, next gen console experience.

Oh nothing ever pleases you.

Just what were you expecting? GTAV?

Ultra Beast Lover

I think we saw the Professor's lab in the trailer, it's the place with books and there's computers to the side.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
All i saw was them walking around a few area's for a couple seconds each.

And in those few areas, we saw more of the same cramped, linear pathways and a lot of visual fluff that we can’t actually explore. Plus we’ve seen the map and it just seems to flow upwards the entire game. It’s not a sure thing at this point, but it just looks like more of the same when the actual, explorable maps are in desperate need of an evolution.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
My guess is that we start in the middle of the region, make our way south because the north is blocked or something until we gain enough badges. (Kinda like Ruby and Sapphire's west then east route)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That would be nice. To do things at our leisure like in Let's GO would be wonderful.

The layout of the region does not determine the range of leisure.

It could be that it's mapped out similar to previous regions, but we still have the freedom to come and go as we please, with some (obvious) exceptions. I'll admit this is sort of wishful thinking, though. lol

Oh nothing ever pleases you.

Just what were you expecting? GTAV?
He can dislike what he wants. This region ain’t immune to first impressions you know! :^)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is it me or LGP/LGE had better battle graphics?
Don't know about that but some people are saying that this game looks somewhat similar to Fire Emblem's Three Houses graphics which I not only think is interesting but I do kind of see it actually.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Don't know about that but some people are saying that this game looks somewhat similar to Fire Emblem's Three Houses graphics which I not only think is interesting but I do kind of see it actually.
Where did you get that notion from? Only you are saying this!

Argentarus

The player character doesn't have a deadpan face in cutscenes now! YAY!
I hope we might see Wikstrom or something like that.

Gonna figure out which cities in the Galar region correspond to which real life city. (Also, saying Galarian is gonna be fun)

So, for anybody who hasn't noticed yet, Galar is vertically flipped in relations to IRL Britian (which means that Kalos, if it was really France, would be to the North in-game; but Kalos might be located to the south of Galar, as Kalos would show up on north side of the map if it stayed true to its IRL counterpart.)
Really hoping the big tower is supposed to be this region's Battle facility and the area to most northern part has a Dover-based area. GOTTA SEE THOSE WHITE CLIFFS

Analysis:
Locations:
Steampunk city = Edinburgh
Sci-fi megalopolis = London - Has Big Ben/Parliment, London Eye, and Tower may be based on the "Gherkin"
The mountain area seems to based on, get this, Snowdonia National Park; the town within those mountain, not sure.
The Draconian city position IRL screams Birmingham/Nottingham.
The area with all of the lakes (lochs) seems to line up with Trossachs National Park
The town at bottom of the map, Trainer School, and the player's house may based on Inverness & North Kessock (There is are rivers feeding into a lake, splitting the southern area obscured with cloud from the northern area.)
The aformentioned lake may be based on Loch Ness
Island on the bottom left may be a repositioned Isle of Man; there's nothing there IRL

(I might need some help from you British users on the Draconian city and maybe a few other towns.)

GYMS:
The gyms are the soccer stadiums seen in the trailer.
I wonder what gimmicks are gonna be.
Visible gyms and their possible types (according to their colors and surrounding area):
Grass - Confirmed (In the plains)
Water (In the port town)
Ground (By the Diglett murals)
Rock, Steel, or, hopefully, Dark (In the snow mountain area. Trailer shows black-ish/gray-ish poles, but it's nighttime.)
Fairy/Poison ("Not Laverre Town" above the Ground Gym area)

Possible gym locations:
"Edinburgh" has a circular area under the "clock tower" that might be an arena (Steel would make the most sense)
Draconian city (Dragon)
Red and white building in "London", might be something else.

Last edited: