• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Shadowclaw191

Do you mean the lakes/lochs below the industrial town?

As that looks like it will be accessed by train from the first big town

As someone else pointed out the train tracks to the left of the mountains might be where we travel instead, getting a view of the wetlands and probably a cutscene where we will see a hint of something occurring in the wetlands.

Cause if we were to access the area early, we would have to walk a LONG ass way up to get to anywhere near a town or city. It's just an observation i had because the route is SERIOUSLY long for anyone to walk with pre 1-2 gym items. In most of my games I'd only have a proper amount of healing items after 3 gyms so I really do not think that we have to walk through that area early on. Or just not enough repels to walk through the entire thing.

It seems more like you had to purposely walk down from the top to gain access to the location, plus its the only place that I think could be the legendary location, the rest of the top half seems too cluttered to fit housing a legendary pokemon.

Terrysaurus

GsNl8tV
GsNl8tV
(https://imgur.com/gallery/GsNl8tV)
(the pic wasnt showing so i posted link)

has annyone noticed that?
i checked wiki and found about the cerne abbas giant and the 748 number so i went back on the trailer and found a connection.

Lucky3

I don't get why Aether is even called a villainous team when their actions are actually legit nice. They protect Pokemon! It's only because of Lusamine's poison/intoxication from Nihilego that made her crazy in the past. Otherwise very nice people (and the whole team wasn't even promoted in merchandise in relation to the other villains of the past).

It would be nice for an actual villainous team to be owned by a female character for the first time though.
The way I see it, Team Skull are still the main antagonists. It just so happened that they were working for the president of Aether Foundation. The twist was that Lusamine was the villain, but the organization itself is mostly good and your average employee just had no clue their boss had gone crazy.

Ultra Beast Lover

Everything seems to have better proportions, in the past with some buildings it looked like you'd just have to reached up a little to get to the roof. Here you're clearly small compared to the buildings.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
as well as the Pokémon frozen to death in her room which no one seemed to mind or mentioned at the HQ.
Just FYI but those pokemon aren't dead. After the main story you can talk to a Aether employee who mentions how they are working to restore the pokemon back from their stasis.

<><><>

On another note, I'm pleasantly surprised that it looks like the icy area of the map actually won't be a Ice type gym, or at least the emblem on the stadium doesn't look at all like a icy color. Its much darker.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think the icy area has our first Dark type gym.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Re: not believing the curvature exists on the map: look at how the coasts scale and the horizon

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
One concern I have is where could a postgame area take place in this land? If it's on a separate island then fine (don't make it the size of Klioude City though) but unless the buildings behind the tower is where the postgame area happens, this concerns me!

Especially coming off after Alola which at least gave an alright size of land to explore in Poni Island postgame.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
One concern I have is where could a postgame area take place in this land? If it's on a separate island then fine (don't make it the size of Klioude City though) but unless the buildings behind the tower is where the postgame area happens, this concerns me!

Especially coming off after Alola which at least gave an alright size of land to explore in Poni Island postgame.
Probably in the farthest city up north similar to how the post-game content in Sun & Moon was on the last island.

ShadowForce720

Maybe the post-game area is Kalos because I did see a theory recently that Galar might actually connect with Kalos because if you line the two maps up together they actually fit up pretty well. I know GameboyLuke did a video on that theory that shows how Galar could potentially be connected to Kalos, now of course it's not confirmed that it is but it's certainly a interesting possibility.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Maybe the post-game area is Kalos because I did see a theory recently that Galar might actually connect with Kalos because if you line the two maps up together they actually fit up pretty well. I know GameboyLuke did a video on that theory that shows how Galar could potentially be connected to Kalos, now of course it's not confirmed that it is but it's certainly a interesting possibility.
I know it is just a guess but ew no not another region as postgame. Idc if the Switch is more powerful, GF already proved that doing that in GSC/HGSS was a horrible idea. They should let Galar be Galar! Kalos be Kalos!

shoz999

I'd rather have a post-game that makes up in quality, not quantity like BW2's post-game, not like the empty region of Kanto in HGSS.

ShadowForce720

I know it is just a guess but ew no not another region as postgame. Idc if the Switch is more powerful, GF already proved that doing that in GSC/HGSS was a horrible idea. They should let Galar be Galar! Kalos be Kalos!

Geez you make it sound like we have so many games with more then one region when the only games that have a 2nd region as a post game is pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal and there remakes. There is nothing wrong with having a Kalos be visitable in a post-game, plus with what the Switch can handle who says that Kalos couldn't be handled better in the post game then Kanto was, after all the main reason why Kanto was empty in Gold and Silver was because the cartridges at the time didn't allow for that much room, and it's not like Kanto had that much to begin with, where with Kalos and the Nintendo Switch that wouldn't necessarily be an issue.

Plus I really don't think it should be like oh just because you didn't like how Kanto was handled in the Johto games that suddenly that should somehow mean it should taboo or forbidden for gen 8 or future gen to have games that allow you to go back to a previous region in the post game even though they aren't games based in Johto.

DjautheJackal

The Anubian Jackal
Is it reasonable to suggest that we could get all non-Event pokemon catachable/giftable in this game in some way, shape or form?

shoz999

You know. Red, Blue (Rival) and Anabel all had redesigns and show how much they've grown over the years. If a character were to return, would they look older and different as well?

aerial_ace

The region looks really cool with diverse areas and interesting looking cities.
It looks linear and rather small at the first glance but when you look at the map it is actually quite hard to figure out the progress route. I think the train in the first town will take us to the city we saw in the trailer and then there seems to be 3 ways you can progress. Plus there seems to be lots of caves and forests to explore. I counted 6 cave like entrances and 2 forest areas(one right next to our home and one where the mushroom city is)
I think the city with the crown tower will be crucial to the story and "london" is where the league will be situated. I think my least favourite part about new region its the name. I just cant get used to it like i did with previous ones.