• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

DjautheJackal

The Anubian Jackal
Then where are the gyms? I know the map isn't 1:1, but you'd think we'd be able to spot at least a few. There's also the fact that one of the stadiums has a grass logo, which screams gym.

That's... always been the case? Unova is the only region with entirely unique gyms.

I mean the inside of the stadiums. They would all look the same, compared to how gyms work.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
UcB3YYV6XEeJpYjJ_mW9D3qrga6BAixgbTrt0eautK2fgx66hCBgi0rXStg4SrreVb0O0U_FLw5uwEntn0vw1yu5OZphK1dFCYrzy59M_4o88NSxBck2ummrtJKyb1XP223TyZjxORu4Q6RvUpaiz3hr9B79QIvKWMTRt6lxjjZpM9nDVJiJMoVV8Y38EiS-nbr9pJlgplHw2fGKLHkL4n9rahvUTlfjh_ur4QWGDp5fb5SGDm2KwkBWe8k2c-nsjPpykBUEbbuUSnbSxlqIoiLlWR5nzh9OR1oGvP82jp3z4dxyGAjalD3QwtQUwOg6kC8Cft4PMi9HcJriIK7l2MwfKooOfgYkbDaZn_bR2mDyt4UTV6c0_2FYBF9YJyu1BP8xULNoaFrSszc6TI7oJWzI4natLIJjnBboa--5k0YwH_3P5glhUgoQN4OtwW2idRLNQ0RTxdSzALP3Gt8oQjBF0S58lnLF_LwDqMp40LCVxsVcQ2PaOCzu0M-uVFupyJ2nrSjgmyW7VtqkDWeeJryMCnzH2GWVheQfoVwoKnZ8qYGlcs_GbjKSDWAV1iAbOnTQsguxyG4O2TISJm88sb5UG6rVjmqQAZ3Ty43mw3d-4EUIuV7RTNI2obEJZLp2i6DLWUJetwm7aSXain5ym4sgfF99cA=w872-h486-no

I am not sure if anyone noted this, but I think that's the icy town area (snow kind of gives it away), and the gym or whatever in the back. The symbol almost looks too dark for ice, so maybe steel here? Maybe it's too early and it's just not a finished design and it will be lighter or it's just night time? What do you think?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
UcB3YYV6XEeJpYjJ_mW9D3qrga6BAixgbTrt0eautK2fgx66hCBgi0rXStg4SrreVb0O0U_FLw5uwEntn0vw1yu5OZphK1dFCYrzy59M_4o88NSxBck2ummrtJKyb1XP223TyZjxORu4Q6RvUpaiz3hr9B79QIvKWMTRt6lxjjZpM9nDVJiJMoVV8Y38EiS-nbr9pJlgplHw2fGKLHkL4n9rahvUTlfjh_ur4QWGDp5fb5SGDm2KwkBWe8k2c-nsjPpykBUEbbuUSnbSxlqIoiLlWR5nzh9OR1oGvP82jp3z4dxyGAjalD3QwtQUwOg6kC8Cft4PMi9HcJriIK7l2MwfKooOfgYkbDaZn_bR2mDyt4UTV6c0_2FYBF9YJyu1BP8xULNoaFrSszc6TI7oJWzI4natLIJjnBboa--5k0YwH_3P5glhUgoQN4OtwW2idRLNQ0RTxdSzALP3Gt8oQjBF0S58lnLF_LwDqMp40LCVxsVcQ2PaOCzu0M-uVFupyJ2nrSjgmyW7VtqkDWeeJryMCnzH2GWVheQfoVwoKnZ8qYGlcs_GbjKSDWAV1iAbOnTQsguxyG4O2TISJm88sb5UG6rVjmqQAZ3Ty43mw3d-4EUIuV7RTNI2obEJZLp2i6DLWUJetwm7aSXain5ym4sgfF99cA=w872-h486-no

I am not sure if anyone noted this, but I think that's the icy town area (snow kind of gives it away), and the gym or whatever in the back. The symbol almost looks too dark for ice, so maybe steel here? Maybe it's too early and it's just not a finished design and it will be lighter or it's just night time? What do you think?
Arena is behind of what you may call a mansion(?), so that isn't the symbol you're looking for.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yeah, lemoncatpower posted the said mansion(which I guess is based off Liverpool Town Hall? It has similar neoclassical architecture).

The "supports"/columns of the stadium can be seen behind.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Arena is behind of what you may call a mansion(?), so that isn't the symbol you're looking for.
AH i See, I thought the gym was on top of the building with columns, not behind it.

Yeah, lemoncatpower posted the said mansion(which I guess is based off Liverpool Town Hall? It has similar neoclassical architecture).

I am excited to see what they turn the Liverpool Town Hall into! It almost looks like the gym could be the top part of the town hall, but it does look like it's behind it also.. or it looks like a glorified entrance to the gym thingy.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer

Actually people a few pages back stated it was similar to the city of Bath! They're known for having roman buildings with hot water spring pools in them, and the building at the back does look a lot like one of the entrances to the irl location. As for the hot springs, the pool at the center appears to be steaming and really, who would put a fountain in the middle of a snowy town if the water would just freeze? The buildings around the fountain also have a similar look to them as the buildings in Bath Circus, a circular housing area which even similar windows, though I will say there are a number of places I can think of that have similar layouts.

Here's a pic to show the similarities!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^I see, I didn't consider it because the location does not match to the real life map(real life Bath is below Wales, but the map shows everything south of London to be mountainside), so I guess they mixed and matched the location, just like the Dorset Giant mural.

ebevan91

Has anyone found anything that resembles a daycare/nursery yet?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
This is an article I looked at earlier this week https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/vi...ildlife/british-trees/a-z-of-uk-native-trees/

Alder is already used by Alder from unova. It would be cool if he returned as the professor

However I think that Hawthorne screams british. I'm calling Professor Hawthorne

Agreed I saw Hawthorne on a similar list and almost mentioned it. But was just reminded of bird lady from D2 so I didn't.

Oaks are very common over there too. What if we get Prof. Gary Oak?

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Just looking through the screenshots again https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/9.jpg

On the right hand side building there are different coloured flags with different emblems, a castle, crown, flower and another i can't make out.

maybe it's of different factions all vying for the spot of champion maybe? Kind of like the war of the roses but with a lot less murder

Grey Wind

Actually people a few pages back stated it was similar to the city of Bath! They're known for having roman buildings with hot water spring pools in them, and the building at the back does look a lot like one of the entrances to the irl location. As for the hot springs, the pool at the center appears to be steaming and really, who would put a fountain in the middle of a snowy town if the water would just freeze? The buildings around the fountain also have a similar look to them as the buildings in Bath Circus, a circular housing area which even similar windows, though I will say there are a number of places I can think of that have similar layouts.

Here's a pic to show the similarities!
Nice catch!

Roman baths would be a really cool thing to include, we haven't really seen something like that before.

Has anyone found anything that resembles a daycare/nursery yet?
There's a house to the east of the grass gym city that I think could be it. It's on a long, straight stretch by the bridge.

Just looking through the screenshots again https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/9.jpg

On the right hand side building there are different coloured flags with different emblems, a castle, crown, flower and another i can't make out.

maybe it's of different factions all vying for the spot of champion maybe? Kind of like the war of the roses but with a lot less murder
I wonder if they could represent different sections of the region? Like central Kalos etc.

dn10

Think the four flags are for the four regions of the UK. Which could mean we are getting (Nothern) Ireland as well.

Argentarus

Bingo! Somebody's paying attention to the small details. It could be rock, but, honestly, Dark is likely the candidate due to it's coloration. The stadium that the player character is wearing the soccer clothes in is probably the Grass gym. The beams seem to have a green-ish tint to them, but has a chance of being different due to the dark lighting. In the trailer, the "snow area" has black-ish/dark gray-ish beams, but again the lighting is too dark to see if there is any brighter colors on it. Considering the Steampunk city being excessively industrial, the steampunk city might have the steel stadium.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Nice catch!

Roman baths would be a really cool thing to include, we haven't really seen something like that before.

There's a house to the east of the grass gym city that I think could be it. It's on a long, straight stretch by the bridge.

I wonder if they could represent different sections of the region? Like central Kalos etc.

Good point, each symbol then divides in the Pokedex or something

The middle city I think could also be based of Pendragon Castle, it comes from Arthurian legend supposedly built by Uther Pendragon who was meant to have been King Arthur Father

It doesn't strike me as any interpretation of a modern UK city like the city at the top and the industrialised city