• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GALAR REGION Discussion & Speculation Thread

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I'm looking at the map now, is there an official source I missed claiming the boundaries of the Wild Area, or is this just the speculation?

I'm saddened just a little that the Wild Area isn't as big as I was thinking, but at the same time, that means the game is less of an open world, and I did not want a complete open world. Still, I figured the Wild Area was more than just a huge route.
I thought it was confirmes. I could be wrong though. The map isn’t drawn to scale so I’m sure the Wild Area is going to be gigantic. I mean it looks very large just from the trailer.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I've highlighted what I think is the expanse of the Wild Area (red), then the routes (purple).

eLtHmt2.png

I think the wild area is pretty massive. And of course, routes will still be there. How else would you connect places outside of the Wild Area?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
And of course, routes will still be there. How else would you connect places outside of the Wild Area?

I had just figured that the Wild Area was literally everything outside of towns and cities. I'll need to rewatch the direct, but I feel like their wording implied as much. Your break down makes perfect sense though.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I had just figured that the Wild Area was literally everything outside of towns and cities. I'll need to rewatch the direct, but I feel like their wording implied as much. Your break down makes perfect sense though.

To be honest, I'm not sure about the scope of the Wild Area.

(a) Either it is just the large lake area (the area I shaded red), or
(b) All routes are considered part of the Wild Area as well.

Grey Wind

I feel like it's a combo of both. Pokemon are definitely appearing in the over world everywhere, and this screenshot makes it look like we can control the camera on routes as well. I'm thinking most of the features are available everywhere outside the cities, but the wild area just refers to the large expanse aroudn the lakes. Maybe that's the only place where the weather is dynamic or something.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I've highlighted what I think is the expanse of the Wild Area (red), then the routes (purple).

eLtHmt2.png

I think the wild area is pretty massive. And of course, routes will still be there. How else would you connect places outside of the Wild Area?

Think if you take the train from the main area that small building in the wild area could be a station to the area.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I can't believe no one is talking about how Diglett are regarded as Gods within Galar. I, for one, bow to our new clown-nosed mole overlords.

G9GvrWN.png

Having statues made of them does not mean they're worshiped as gods.

DaijobuPlease

There may still be screen transitions when actually entering or leaving a town or building, though.

I wouldnt mind a slight pause angle transition like that camera moves to show you standing outside the town or entering a building then once you move it flips you back to the normal view

I feel like it's a combo of both. Pokemon are definitely appearing in the over world everywhere, and this screenshot makes it look like we can control the camera on routes as well. I'm thinking most of the features are available everywhere outside the cities, but the wild area just refers to the large expanse aroudn the lakes. Maybe that's the only place where the weather is dynamic or something.
I think this. Like on routes you wont see a wide angle like birds in the sky different view from trees but you can still see some pokemon poking their head out the grass or a small tease of what it is and glance a short range. Like for example that one hidden in the grass that looks like it was running away or towards you ( couldnt tell since they confirmed they can run away from you) So interactive but not full blown like Wild area, so basically i would call it lets go style if that makes sense lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowF

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but in the trailer it showed Leon in the stadium with the weird symbol:https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/64.jpg

I remember people saying that the stadium with that symbol was a gym with a mixed type or something but if the champion is there then that could mean that is where the elite four will be.
I guess the elite four and the champion will be fought in the stadium with the weird symbol which means that all the buildings after that stadium could be a battle frontier?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I think that's probably just the "Pokemon" symbol used in the Galar region. It's got both the blue and red colouring like the games themselves.

Pretty sure that's the Dynamax symbol, it's seen on the dynamx bands and the three things going around look like the clouds over dynamaxed pokemon.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I know the Rotom Phone is a thing but did they elaborate on its purpose in the Direct and I just happened to missed it?
No I’m pretty sure they just posted the details on the website. Same with the new Pokémon really. Their types weren’t mentioned in the Direct but they were online (as well as their abilities).

Btw, I believe that the opening shot of the trailer (with the train station) is that train station that you see in the southernmost part of the wild area. That means the map hid that whole town being there! I love that the map isn’t 1:1 I really can’t say that enough!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Well, the trailer and Direct already showed wild pokemon flourishing throughout traditional routes, so either way we have immersion throughout the game.

However, I think the Wild Area itself is just the area you shaded red, with maybe a few more small areas, and possibly a post-game area or two. I'm not too worried about the routes, since they are rather minimal, and it seems like we're gonna have to go through the Wild Area to get to the northern towns, 'cause I don't see any other way to get to them.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh. You know what would be a really cool location. An ABANDONED. HAUNTED. HOSPITAL. Actually come to think of it, has Pokemon ever done a regular hospital?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’d like to see the haunted area be a haunted castle. It may have a new armor ghost Pokémon.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Oh. You know what would be a really cool location. An ABANDONED. HAUNTED. HOSPITAL. Actually come to think of it, has Pokemon ever done a regular hospital?

I would love to see a regular hospital (totally not because I'm an aspiring physician and want to see more representation of my field, LOL). And a haunted hospital would be sick! Have the Chandelure line roaming around there (somewhere I read that they like hanging out near hospitals)

I think with the Wild Area this would be a good time introduce a regular hospital where Pokemon Rangers send trainers from the Wild Area to get taken care of. Maybe bring back the Doctor and Nurse trainer class from Gen 5 to help out in the Wild Area (there are nurses and physicians in real life who work near national parks and ski resorts so this could easily be applied to the main games).