• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gallade or Bisharp?

Which do you prefer?

• Gallade

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Bisharp

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Neither, they both suck

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Can't make my mind up, which pokemon can I take?

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Which of the swordsmen do you like better, and why?

I prefer Bisharp, because it looks cooler and I prefer its typing. I don't like Fighting or Psychic types much, but I love Steel and Dark types.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Bisharp is so-so, but Gallade looks even better and its typing is more beneficial than Bisharp's (it doesn't have a 4x Fighting type weakness and its Fighting type helps against Dark types) in addition to having a much better movepool including not only Swords Dance, Close Combat, and Night Slash, but also Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, Earthquake, X-Scissor, the Elemental Punches, Drain Punch, and Stone Edge.

Last edited:

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
...If Sinnoh Champion gets here...O.O
I dont think the two can really be compared, but if i *had* to choose, Gallade all the way. It has a better typing and movepool. I also like its design more.

Ravern

Ace Trainer
Bisharp. Better Pokemon.

GalladeXD

DID YOU SAY GALLADE?
Gallade. I ABSOL-utley love him for so many reasons. <3

GalladeXD

DID YOU SAY GALLADE?
Yeah, The absol part was nessescary. xD

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Bisharp just looks so much cooler! Plus he's not too bad 2 use. Gallade can take hits better though and of course there's the movepool...

Still, I prefer Bisharp. I've already formulated an entire team based around Bisharp's weaknesses. So that the way I use him can coincide with his Pokedex entry.

AAALLLLWAYS THE LAST HIT.

It's pretty damn risky, but it feels awesome when it gets pulled off.

Last edited:

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Gallade. I like the way he looks more than Bisharp.

From a more competitive standpoint, I think Gallade's better, because of Swords Dance and a lot of really good physical moves. Plus he doesn't have a x4 weakness to anything.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I guess I like Bisharp better. Excellent typing, access to STAB Sucker Punch, and a great ability for a physical sweeper(it basicly gives you a +1 boost if your hit with intimadate) makes it out-class Gallade. Now, Gallade has a rather large sp. Def, and a nice physical movepool. I think overal Bisharp is better.

GalladeXD

DID YOU SAY GALLADE?
Whoever voted "Neither, they both suck" I swear to god I will shred you to bits and then put em in a blender then burn them and throw the ashes into the dirtiest lake in the world! (was that a tad bit to violent?)

Gohankuten

I gotta go with Bisharp. It looks better IMO and it's typing is pretty good. Has a ton of resists and it's ability is awesome for a physical sweeper and negates intimidate. Course a DW Gallade with Justified could be good since it would make people not use dark moves against it for fear of making it stronger. Stat wise they have same attack but Gallade has better speed stat total. The only stat Bisharp beats Gallade in is Defense where Gallade has a great Special Defense. Also Bisharp has potential for when the third Gen V game comes out and brings move tutors with it to beef up it's move pool so until then move pool can't really be used since their is potential for Bisharp. Then you have the fact that Bisharp can be female which might appeal to someone lol.

I like them both. I can't choose. Gallade reminds me alot of my favorite Pokemon but so does Bisharp (plus female Bisharp is awesomeness)

Status
Not open for further replies.