• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GalladeTheGreat's In-Game TEAM!

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
So I currently have 4 badges but I already know who I want on my team and I would like everyone's opinions so I know what/what not to do with my team as I go along and plan ahead. Please read my little notes about each pokemon so you see why I have natures/ability's or anything that may not seem to make sense. This is what my team will look like:

:497:
Nature: Docile
Ability: Overgrow
Item: ???
EV's: 128 ATK, 128 Spc Atk, 252 Spd
Attack 1: Leaf Storm
Attack 2: Leech Seed
Attack 3: Dragon Tail
Attack 4: Ariel Ace

So originally I was going to soft reset until I got the right nature but it was taking forever so I just stuck with a Docile nature so I could turn it into a mixed sweeper in-game while still keeping some of its bulk. Ideally I would have wanted Timid or Jolly because I love Serperior's relatively high base speed. I'll probably breed when I'm done the whole game.

:516:
Nature: Modest
Ability: Gluttony
EV's: 252 Spc Atk, 252 Spd, 4HP
Attack 1: Scald/Surf
Attack 2: Ice Beam
Attack 3: Focus Blast
Attack 4: Grass Knot/Hidden Power Grass/???

So I got him Modest right away which was pretty sweet! So I'll stick with it. Obviously a Special Sweeper just not sure what to put in the last slot or if because its in-game I could have both Scald and Surf in the same set?

:545:
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Poison Point
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4HP
Attack 1: X-Scissor/Megahorn
Attack 2: Poison Jab
Attack 3: Sword Dance?
Attack 4: EQ

I kinda like this set, it came with Poison Point so that's not changing and again I love the the higher base speed with the Jolly Nature. I'm unsure about Sword Dance but again I think it could be really good on this set.

:567:
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Defeatist
EV's: 128 Atk, 128 Spc Atk, 252 Spd
Attack 1: Fly
Attack 2: Focus Blast/Stone Edge
Attack 3: EQ/Stone Edge
Attack 4: Dragon Claw/U-Turn/Hone Claws

Again I was soft resetting for Jolly/Adamant but was getting impatient and settled for Naughty for the mixed set. I need fly for in-game obviously plus it gets stab and the rest of the set I'm honestly unsure about. EQ is for Ice/Electric coverage.

:596:
Nature: Modest/Timid
Ability: Compound Eyes
EV's: 252 Spc Atk, 252 Spd, 4HP
Attack 1: Electro Ball/Discharge/Thunderbolt
Attack 2: Bug Buzz/Signal Beam
Attack 3: Energy Ball?
Attack 4: Hidden Power?

I know another Bug pokemon and another pokemon that's weak to fire but A) I need an electric type and B) He's so AWESOME! However if someone else would fit my team better feel free to replace him. Not really sure what kind of set to run on him.

:563:
Nature: Impish
Ability: Mummy
Item: Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 128 Spc Def, 128 Def
Attack 1: Will-O-Wisp
Attack 2: Hex
Attack 3: Curse/Calm Mind/Rest
Attack 4: Psychic

I need a wall of some sort and this guy is really cool and pretty bulky. I'm not sure what to do with his set but maybe the one above could be fun to play around with.

Appreciate everyones input!

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Galvantula
Modest/Timid Nature, Compoundeyes ability
~Thunder
~Bug Buzz
~Energy Ball
~Spider Web/Toxic/Hidden Power [anything not Electric/Bug/Grass/Steel/Poison]

bigman82

Shiny Trader
For scolipede go with megahorn over x-scissor. Megahorn has more power and still has decent accuracy.

Last edited:

ZeroEdgeir

While you have have gotten a decent Nature on Panpour to warrant going with Simipour, I am gonna say this: There are better candidates to expend a Water Stone on (note: You only get 3 in the game, and at least 6 Pokemon use them for evos)

Come Elite 4 and such, you might have to deal with 1-2 Pokemon in total that are weak to Water-based moves, so the STAB bonus just won't carry much weight. And Defensively, no benefit really either (Not much Fire, Ice, or Steel in their ranks either).

There is two worthwhile alternatives to me:

1: If you have a friend with access to the other Unova fossil, add a Carracosta to your list (If you would like one, and don't got a friend PM me, I can breed one for you for trade).
2: Get a Tympole and evolve it up to Seismitoad. Water/Ground has always been an excellent typing for defense and coverage.

Neither require expending one of the coveted Water Stones to get, either.

Also, you can start breeding before post-game. After having got to Nimbasa City and found the Old Man for the Daycare Center, you can start breeding back on Route 3.

Last edited:

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
Thank you all!

I'm still not really sure what to do with Cofagrigus but Im going to assume his set is okay.

Also I know there aren't very many Evo Stones in this game but I do have 3 4th Gen games so I can always bring them over. Thanks for your concern though.

And I do plan on breeding once I have beaten the game so I can play the battle subway and hopefully compete.

ZeroEdgeir

Also I know there aren't very many Evo Stones in this game but I do have 3 4th Gen games so I can always bring them over. Thanks for your concern though.

PokeTransfer doesn't allow HM Moves or Items to be transferred, so sadly you can't bring Stones over. Otherwise, many of us wouldn't have such complaints about it.

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
Ya I know that but I can evolve them in my 4th Gen's then bring them over.

Anyway I'm going to try out Simipour and see what happens.

If you have any input for the rest of my team please let me know because there are a few I'm unsure about.

bigman82

Shiny Trader
PokeTransfer doesn't allow HM Moves or Items to be transferred, so sadly you can't bring Stones over. Otherwise, many of us wouldn't have such complaints about it.

Thats true but people who have beaten black and have access to black city, can buy evo stones so you can recieve them from trades.
And with cofagrigus last move, i would go with calm mind to increase SpA and SpD. With curse, you may raise your Def but you also raise your Atk (which Cofagrigus doesnt need) and decrease speed. To me calm mind just seems better for cofagrigus. :)

Last edited:

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
Curse works differently with Ghost Pokemon. It actually takes away some of their life to inflict damage on your opponents pokemon every turn. So I could use a recovery move like rest but Calm Mind makes me just that much more bulky. Plus with Will-O-Wisp I can halve their attack.

bigman82

Shiny Trader
Curse works differently with Ghost Pokemon. It actually takes away some of their life to inflict damage on your opponents pokemon every turn. So I could use a recovery move like rest but Calm Mind makes me just that much more bulky. Plus with Will-O-Wisp I can halve their attack.

Oh ya i forgot curse is different when a ghost type uses it :p out of the three moves, calm mind still seems the best choice to me :)

unstopable373

I like eelektrik/eelektross much better then Galvantula and seeing as you have 3 pokemon weak to fire types, it's something to consider, Galvantula is fast, but you already have 4 other pokemon over 100 base speed (your only going to get outrun by Acceglor,Whimiscott,Swoobat and Zebstrika, all of which are easy to take out). It's kind of overkill and your highly prone to trick room (which I don't think anything uses it in game, but as they say, best to be prepared).

Eeletrik probably won't be evolved till after the elite four seeing as your most likely going to go for Acid Spray/Coil/Gastro/Zap Cannon. But it can still hold it's own in battle even if it's not evolved. Then once when the elite four is over, you can train it to the lvl you want, evolve it and then tear it up with eelektross versatile move pool.

Tynamo's really aren't that hard to catch even though there's a 2% chance of encounter (8% for the very bottom of Electric Rock) you ust need a lvl 27 pokemon as you lead and a couple of repels to find it. Shouldn't take to long.

If not that then Emolga or Stunfisk just for lolz, but then you would have 3 pokes weak to ice moves.