• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gambit

Armando Payne

I'm going to take one final card mate.

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright, you're continuing on. Curious needs a 10 or face card for the Blackjack Bonus; Armando needs to avoid a 10 or face card at all costs. Very important question now. Carter, Nixon or Reagan; Under which U.S. President was the voting age lowered to 18 years old?

(48 hours)

Twentington

Outta here!
Buzzcode: 35

1st: Armando (32)
2nd: Curious (50)

[ARMANDO BUZZES IN]

Armando?

Carter.

Not quite, it was ratified under Richard Nixon's administration in 1971. Curious, you've got $100 and a very important decision. Do you want to keep or pass the next card?

Armando Payne

Damn I knew it was 1970-ish. That's why, Nixon was from 1968-1972, and 1976-1980, wasn't he?

Armando Payne

^ What did you answer?

Twentington

Outta here!
Very important card here; $10,000 on the line. Candace, let's see the card.

(she peeks at the card)

(turns around the card...)

15.png

Candace, excitedly: IT'S A JACK!

And that's Blackjack; $10,000 and the round!

*CLANGS, WHOOPS, BELLS, ETC.*

Code:
[CURIOUS][ARMANDO]
[ROUND 1][-------]
[--21---][--12---]
[$10,300][---$100]

And that is how you start a new show, ladies and gentlemen. We'll take a quick break before round 2; stick around!

---------------

(commercials)

---------------

(fade up)

Code:
[CURIOUS][ARMANDO]
[ROUND 1][-------]
[---0---][---0---]
[$10,300][---$100]

Welcome back to our inaugural edition of Gambit. As it stands right now, Curious won Round 1, winning $10,300 in the process. Armando has $100, but there's a chance to come back now.

ANY 21 WINS
$3,000
BLACKJACK BONUS
$10,000

*DING*

Since Curious won the blackjack bonus just a minute ago, that stays at $10,000. We'll throw $500 into the 21 pot to start this round. And with that, we'll begin Round 2, where with any luck, someone will get a question right. Let's see the first card...

26.png

Candace: It's an 8.

Middle of the road card; I'd say it's a bad card, but that's a very different TV card game. First question of the round...

Ed Koch, Joseph Wapner, or Judith Guest; Who was the first judge on "The People's Court"?

(48 hours for answer and buzzcode)

Armando Payne

^How the **** should I know? Jesus Christ man, I'm a Brit, ask me a TV question concerning British stuff or well known American stuff, not whatever the **** People's Court is? Goddamn, I'm going to randomly answer, but it ain't gonna be right.

Twentington

Outta here!
BUZZCODE: 90

1st: Armando (81)
2nd: Curious (32)

[BUZZ]

Armando?

Judy whatsherface.

(yes, I am quoting the PMs verbatim)

No! The answer was Joseph Wapner; 12 years presiding over the court. Curious, you get another $100 and you have the option. Do you want to keep or pass that 8?

Twentington

Outta here!
Code:
[CURIOUS][ARMANDO]
[ROUND 1][-------]
[---0---][---8---]
[$10,400][---$100]

Not taking any risks with the card; it goes to Armando, who no longer has a chance at the Blackjack Bonus. Next question...

Cuba, Japan, or the United States; Which country took first place in Olympic baseball in 1992 and 1996?

(48 hours; you know what to do)

Twentington

Outta here!
Buzzcode: 47

1st: Armando (17)
2nd: Curious (78)

[BUZZ]

Armando?

Japan.

(to producer) Make a note of this show.

(audience laughter)

This actually is a bit surprising; it's Cuba. Curious, you've got the option yet again. Do you want to keep the card or pass it?

Armando Payne

Well I'm sorry if you continually ask questions only the Yanks can answer.

CuriousHeartless

Now I'm feeling terrible because I am only winning because he doesn't know them. And few of these are 'Yank' questions Armando, no need to be sore.

I'll keep the card.

Twentington

Outta here!
Let's see it, Candace!

39.png

Candace: It's a five.

Code:
[CURIOUS][ARMANDO]
[ROUND 1][-------]
[---5---][---8---]
[$10,500][---$100]

The Blackjack Bonus is entirely out of play for this round. There's still a chance at the 21 Pot, though. Next question...

A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, or Oliver Twist; The phrase "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" begins which Dickens book?

(48 hours)

Armando Payne

^ You never answer any of the damn questions though, at least answer one, it's me failing and you reaping the rewards then I give up then Doctor comes poking round my VM profile badgering me why I'm not playing a game which I earnestly forgot.

CuriousHeartless

Fine, you want to know my answers? Not sure if I'm supposed to be telling you, but I've pretty much always given the same answer as you. That is why I felt bad, because luck is the one deciding for you to fail.

Armando Payne

Oh OK, so we both don't know the answers, that's cool. I thought you knew everything but I was just failing.

Twentington

Outta here!
Buzzcode: 74

1st: Armando (93)
2nd: Curious (1)

[BUZZ]

Armando?

A Tale of Two Cities

And our studiowide nightmare is over!

(applause continues for 15 seconds)

Armando, you pick up $100 for that, and you get to decide what to do with the incoming card.