• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gambit

Twentington

Outta here!
This is an important pick, Curious. Let's see it...

(the screen digitally flips to reveal...)

Code:
[01][02][03][04][05][06][07]
[08][09][10][11][12][13][14]
[15][16][17][XX][19][20][21]

18 = HOME GYM

(DING, APPLAUSE)

Well, it isn't the million, but still a nice prize. Jim?

Jim: The Xtreme 2 SE home gym lets you change exercises more quickly and easily with no cable changes needed between exercises. Now includes ab crunch shoulder harness and ergonomically designed adjustable seat. Featuring a 210-pound Power Rod system, it features the flexibility of a professional unit without bulky weights, from Bowflex! $1,599.

(APPLAUSE)

That goes into the prize pot for now. Let's see what the next card in the deck is...

31.png

Candace: It's a seven.

Middle of the road card, you have 4 chips, keep it or change it?

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright, then, let's place it, please...

31.png

CURIOUS: 7

The Blackjack Bonus is out of play for the day, we'll place another $50,000 in it for next time. For now, Curious, go ahead and pick another screen.

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright, let's see what we can add...

Code:
[01][02][03][04][05][06][07]
[15][16][17][XX][19][20][XX]

18 = HOME GYM

21 = $500 SPADES

(DING, APPLAUSE)

Alright, we put $500 into the prize bank right away. If this next card or any other card that comes up for your hand is a spade, we'll double that $500 each time. Candace, what's that next card?

20.png

Candace: It's a ten.

(APPLAUSE)

That would take you to 17. Do you want to keep it or chip it away?

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright, let's get rid of that card. Something I forgot to mention earlier - if you end up tying the dealer, you still win. With that in mind, can we get the next card, please?

22.png

Candace: It's a nine.

...and that's a spade! Whether you take it or not, we'll double the $500 to $1,000. I'll ask again - keep it or chip it?

Twentington

Outta here!
You're down to 2 chips now. Next card?

16.png

Candace: It's a Jack.

Again, you'd have 17. Keep it or chip it?

Twentington

Outta here!
And the Jack is now yours.

31.png
16.png

CURIOUS: 17

Okay, another question. You stand the risk of busting now. Do you want to freeze and see what Candace has, or do you want to risk it and go on?

Twentington

Outta here!
Well, you were lucky with the cards earlier. Pick another number.

Twentington

Outta here!
OK then, let's turn it around!

Code:
[XX][02][03][04][05][06][07]

18 = HOME GYM

21 = $500 SPADES

1 = $500 DIAMONDS

(DING, APPLAUSE)

That isn't actually $500. We've seen two diamonds already. That's $2,000 in cash!

(applause)

Of course, you have to avoid busting first. If these next cards are anything more than 4, we'll chip them automatically. First card, please?

25.png

Candace: It's an eight.

That's more than four, hand me one of those chips and we'll keep going.

Alright, second card?

14.png

Candace (smirking): It's a jack.

Ooh. You're out of chips, so this next card is yours whether it busts you or not. Candace, can we see it?

48.png

Candace: It's a three.

(STUNNED APPLAUSE)

And that three is now yours.

31.png
16.png
48.png

CURIOUS: 20

More good news is that the $2,000 from the diamonds is now $4,000! But now, it's decision time. Do you want to freeze or keep going?

(EDIT: You also now have $2,000 from the spades.)

Twentington

Outta here!
31.png
16.png
48.png

CURIOUS: 20 (FREEZE)

Okay, you're frozen on 20, a very good number. The only way Candace can beat that right now is if she has an ace.

13.png
b1pr.png

DEALER: 10

If the face down card is a seven, eight, nine, ten, or a face card, you'll win the home gym plus a total of $31,000 in cash. Candace, please reveal that last card.

13.png
32.png

DEALER: 17

That's a seven... it won't be enough, Curious, you just won $31,000!

(WIN CUE, CHEERS, APPLAUSE)

Curious, what's going through your mind right now?

CuriousHeartless

Not much. I won another Dr. Who game, I got super lucky, I feel a bit bad for my opponent, and I feel like watching the TF2 Meet the... Videos. Yeah, that last one was random.

Twentington

Outta here!
That does happen once in a while. First order of business... let's reveal where the special spaces were on the board.

Code:
[XX][XX][XX][04][05][06][07]
[08][XX][10][11][12][13][14]

2 - $ (INSTANT WIN)

3 - CAR

9 - BUST

Well, you were that close to the instant win... not that that matters now. Second order of business is to total all this up. $31,000 in cash from right now, along with the home gym, that's a total of $32,599. We add that to the $13,800 you won earlier, that's a remarkable one day total of $34,399!

You'll be back tomorrow to do it all again! For now, though, for my third order of business, we'll take one more quick break. While we do, we're going to find someone from the audience to try to win $10,000! We'll catch you on the other side of the break!

-----------------

If anyone wants to play the audience game, just say so here. For the record, it's basically a lower budget version of the Catch 21 endgame. We'll do the audience game whenever someone does a two-game sweep.

AUDIENCE GAME RULES:

The player controls three hands, each staked with a card from another deck of cards. Cards are dealt one at a time, and the player chooses where to place each card. The player is also given three power chips that can be used in the same way as in the Gambit board. The player can end the round at any time if they fear the next card will cause them to bust on any of the three hands. However, using a Power Chip forces the player to place the next card in a hand, or use another chip if one is available; the player can only end the round after placing a card.

Getting 21 in one hand is worth $1,000; getting 21 on two is $2,500; get 21 on all three hands, you win $10,000.

(And no, playing this does not hinder your eligibility for the main game.)

I need one person to take on the cards. Who's interested?