• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gambit

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
I'd like to have a go, please.

Twentington

Outta here!
(fade up, music)

Jim: If you live in or plan on visiting the Los Angeles area and you'd like to be in our audience, all you have to do is send in a postcard and mail it to...

(insert fake address here)

or you can go to (insert fake website address here) for more details and information. We'll be back with more Gambit right after this.

(fade back to commercial)

----------------

(fade up, applause)

We're back on Gambit! Because Curious managed a two-game sweep earlier, we've still got a bit of time left. How are we going to use that time, you ask? We're about to call down a lucky audience member who might just go home with a check for $10,000. Jim, who's the lucky audience member?

(switch to shot of audience)

Jim: It's going to be rangernumber-x!

(music cue as he makes his way to the stage)

Here's your chance to catch 21 for $10,000!

(applause)

Welcome to the stage! Tell us quickly about yourself.

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
Well, I work in a dead end job, and I won a staff blackjack competition. The prize was a ticket to the premier of Gambit. However, I am trying to get a better, not so dead end job.

Twentington

Outta here!
Well, maybe we can brighten things a bit for you. The good news is that regardless of what happens here, you're guaranteed a minimum of $500.

(applause)

Let me explain what's about to happen to the home audience. Ranger here is going to be in control of three blackjack hands, Candace will reveal cards, Ranger will choose where to place them. If he gets 21 on one hand, he goes up to $1,000. On the second 21, that goes up to $2,500. If he manages to get 21 in all three hands, he gets $10,000! Ranger also gets 3 power chips to help towards getting the $10,000.

If he busts on any hand at any time, he goes back down to $500, but hey, it is still nice money. But let's not think about that, let's think about getting you the $10,000. Candace, can we see the first three cards for Ranger's hands?

(note: we're using another deck for this)

2.png

Candace: For the first hand, we have an ace!

(APPLAUSE)

Code:
[01][00][00][3 CHIPS]
[AS]        [$500]

That's a great card to start on.

10.png

Candace: For the second hand, we have a queen!

(MORE APPLAUSE)

Code:
[01][10][00][3 CHIPS]
[AS][QS]    [$500]

And for the third hand, we have...

45.png

...a three.

(GROANS FROM AUDIENCE)

Code:
[01][10][03][3 CHIPS]
[AS][QS][3C][$500]

Alright, that's not too good, but you are able to improve on that. Let's show you the first card you can place...

44.png

Candace: It's a four.

(MORE GROANS)

Not too good of a card. Do you want to place it or chip it away?

(and if you want to place it, which hand?)

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
I would like to place it in my third hand, please.

Twentington

Outta here!
Code:
[01][10][07][3 Chips]
[AS][QS][3C][$500]
        [4D]

And you're up to a seven in that column. Quite a few cards in the deck that would do you good right now. Candace, can we have the next card?

26.png

Candace: It's an 8.

Better card now. Same options apply here; keep it or chip it?

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
I'll put into hand three.

Twentington

Outta here!
Code:
[01][10][15][3 Chips]
[AS][QS][3C][$500]
        [4D]
        [8S]

Okay now, we're looking for a six, a ten, a face card, or an ace. Any of those will push you up to $1,000. Candace, for $1,000, show it to us.

7.png

Candace: It's a king!!!!

(APPLAUSE)

(FTR, whenever a card comes up in this that will bring the player to 21 on a hand, the card will automatically be placed in that hand.)

Code:
[21][10][15][3 Chips]
[AS][QS][3C][$1,000]
[KH]    [4D]
        [8S]

Alright, we're on track now. You're looking for an ace or a five for $2,500. Candace, show us!

35.png

Candace: It's a six!!!!

Unbelievable!

(APPLAUSE)

Code:
[21][10][21][3 Chips]
[AS][QS][3C][$2,500]
[KH]    [4D]
        [8S]
        [6H]

You have 21 in two columns now. Let's get you an ace so you can win $10,000. Candace...?

39.png

Candace: It's a five...

(AUDIENCE GROANS)

If you took this, you'd need another six to win $10,000. Do you want to keep it or chip it?

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
I'll test my luck and chip it, please.

Twentington

Outta here!
Code:
[21][10][21][2 Chips]
[AS][QS][3C][$2,500]
[KH]    [4D]
        [8S]
        [6H]

Down to 2 chips now. Candace, next card?

25.png

Candace: It's an 8.

You'd need a 3 for $10,000 if you took this. What do you want to do?

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
Another chip.

Twentington

Outta here!
Code:
[21][10][21][1 Chip]
[AS][QS][3C][$2,500]
[KH]    [4D]
        [8S]
        [6H]

And another chip goes. Next?

34.png

It's a six.

For the record, if you chip this card, whatever the next card is is yours. What do you want to do?

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
I guess I'll keep it.

Twentington

Outta here!
Code:
[21][16][21][1 Chip]
[AS][QS][3C][$2,500]
[KH][6S][4D]
        [8S]
        [6H]

And now you have a choice to make. If the next card is more than a five, we use the last power chip for the card after that. If THAT card is more than 5, you go back down to $500. You can stop now with $2,500. What do you want to do?

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
I don't want to risk, so I'll take the money, please.

Twentington

Outta here!
(applause)

You've just won $2,500 with some luck. What we want to know is, would you have made it to $10,000? Can we see the next card from the deck?

50.png

It was a two.

(APPLAUSE)

(Ftr, the two cards after that were a queen and a four, so...)

You couldn't have done any better than what you have! And here (pulls out bills) I have the money, let's count it out! $1,000... $2,000... $100, two, three, four, $2,500! That's all yours, thank you for coming out to our show!

(APPLAUSE)

Well, that about does it for show 1 of hopefully a lot more! We'll be back tomorrow as Curious takes on another contestant to get the chance to go for the million! As for Candace, you can see her weeknights on Attack of the Show on G4... that is while they still exist. Candace, just be thankful you've got another job.

(AUDIENCE LAUGHTER)

Anyhow, for Candace, our announcer Jim Thornton, and everyone else who made this first show possible, this is Doctor Who saying thanks for watching, and we'll see you tomorrow!

(APPLAUSE, THEME PLAYS)

(CUE FAKE CREDITS)

Jim: Today's departing contestants receive a free rental of the Rug Doctor. Steams carpets clean fast and easy. Available in most supermarkets. Rug Doctor -- steaming mad at dirt.

The Vita Mix 3600 -- a stainless steel three-minute breadmaker and home yogurt factory. It juices without waste, cooks without burning, freezes instant ice cream and offers 800 great recipes.

A supply of auto parts from AC-Delco -- including spark plugs, oil and air filters. From AC-Delco, to tune up America.

A deluxe kit of roll-on decorator paints from Artex. The complete home and fashion decorator paint in a tube. Artex Hobby Products, Lima, Ohio.

And in addition to the $2,500 in cash, a random audience member will receive a week's stay for two at his or her choice of any Holiday Inn. Today, there are more than 1500 Holiday Inns in the world. Go with the go-ers. Do the Inn thing. Stay at the Holiday Inn.

(insert product plugs here)

All contestants must meet eligibility
requirements to receive
announced prizes.​

(granted, this is a netgame, so nobody's actually winning anything)

A
MERRILL HEATTER/BOB QUIGLEY
PRODUCTION

Jim: This has been a Merrill Heatter/Bob Quigley production. Stay tuned for High Rollers next over most of these CBS stations.

(names
that
should
get
more
recognition
but don't
scroll by
so fast that
practically
no-one
can read
them)

RECORDED AT
CBS TELEVISION CITY
HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA​

(I wish!)

(PRODUCTION COMPANY LOGOS GO HERE)

----------------------------

And there we go. Curious is the champion with $34,399. I need one person to take him on. Who wants in?

Last edited:

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
I'd like to play please. I missed this one beforehand and I will not miss it again.

Twentington

Outta here!
[HIGH ROLLERS PROMO]

[THIS IS CBS]

(fade up, music)

Jim Thornton: You have the knowledge... You know the odds... All the rest is in the cards... On GAMBIT - a game of skill, fate, and fortune. And now, from Television City in Hollywood, here's your host, Doctor Who!

(cheers and applause)

Hello everyone! Thank you Jim... welcome again to Gambit! The only card game on TV where the pick of a number could make you a millionaire!

(applause)

And with that I'll say good morning to our lovely dealer, Candace Bailey!

(applause)

You'll see her in action after the break. For now, though, let's get down to business, Jim, could you please introduce the players?

[CONTESTANT INTRO CUE]

Today's challenger is Drinkwaterlaura. He'll take on our champion. Making his second appearance with cash and prizes totaling $34,399, please welcome back CuriousHeartless!

(applause)

And good morning to both of you. We'll start with Drink. Drink, do you mind telling the folks at home about yourself?

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
I'm on a quest to partake in every gameshow on air at the moment. I am a pokemon master, and proud of it. I originate from the land of Hoenn.

Twentington

Outta here!
You have your work cut out for you, that much I'll say. Good luck to you.

Curious, welcome back to you. How are you doing today?