• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gambit

Twentington

Outta here!
(sorry for the wait, guys)

And that's good. (I stop as I realize what I just said) Well, so much for that. We'll take a quick break and get into the game.

----------------------

We're back! And you're just in time for round 1!

ANY 21 WINS
$2,500
BLACKJACK BONUS
$12,500

(DING)

And there's the jackpots! And we'll get right into it with the first card. Candace?

28.png

Candace: We have an 8.

A middle of the road card. Here's today's first toss up question for control of that card and $100...

Cousin, mother, or sister-- What relationship did the developer and executive producer of "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" have to Melissa Joan Hart?

(48 hours for buzzcode)

Twentington

Outta here!
Buzzcode: 81

1st: Blitz (44)
2nd: Curious (1)

[BUZZ]

Blitz: Sister?

It was actually her mother. And no, we're not going to resort to any of those poor jokes. Anyhow, Curious has $100 and the first option of the day. Curious, you know the options - keep it or pass it?

Twentington

Outta here!
CURIOUS: $100, 0
BLITZ: $0, 8

(I'll edit in podiums at some point in the future, just make do with these for now)

And next question...

Alexander the Great, Ardashir I, or Cyrus the Great; Who was the Persian king who founded a new empire in 224 AD over the ruins of the Parthian empire and established Zoroastrianism as the official religion of Persia?

(you know what to do)

Twentington

Outta here!
(89)

*Blitz buzzes in (41)*

Blitz: I believe that was Alexander the Great.

Ardashir I, actually. Another $100 to Curious. You know how it works by now, keep or pass?

Twentington

Outta here!
(yeah, this is still here)

He's keeping, what's the card?

51.png

It's a two.

(AUDIENCE GROANS)

CURIOUS: $200, 2

The Blackjack Bonus is out of play for this round, but you could still win the 21 bonus. Here's the next question:

Piano, saxophone, or trumpet; What was the instrument that jazz legend Dizzy Gillespie played?

Twentington

Outta here!
I've given Blitz two weeks, and still no answer, so I'm giving the $100 and the card to Curious by default. Curious, do you want to keep or pass the card?

Twentington

Outta here!
(Don't apologize, it's not your fault in this case)

Alright, can we have the next card, please?

12.png

It's a Queen.

CURIOUS: $300, 12

Now, this may sound like a dumb question, but I have to ask or the S&P department's going to be all over me. Do you want to freeze or keep playing and hope you don't get a 10?

Twentington

Outta here!
Alright then, next question.

Larry Walker, Tony Gwynn, or Roberto Clemente; Whose .379 batting average topped the National League in 1999?

(48 hours, give or take a few; if Blitz misses this deadline, we're replacing him)

Twentington

Outta here!
Okay, that's it, I'm kicking Blitz out of the game. Anyone want to replace him?

Twentington

Outta here!
You'll take his spot, but because he missed the deadline, Curious picks up another $100 and the option. Curious?

Twentington

Outta here!
We'll see if your confidence pays off. Next card...?

13.png

It's a jack...

*BUZZ*

And you're over, Destroyer wins the round!

CURIOUS: $400, BUST
DESTROYER: $500, GAME 1

And we'll be right back with the second game right after this...

[CUE THEME, FADE TO BLACK]

Twentington

Outta here!
(fade up)

And as we enter Game 2, the stakes are getting higher again!

ANY 21 WINS
$3,000
BLACKJACK BONUS
$15,000

And players, if you're ready, we'll reveal the first card...

3.png

IT'S AN ACE!

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

Obviously, this is a very important card, so pay attention to this first question...

Fatherhood, Willow, or The Last Starfighter; What 1988 Ron Howard film starred Val Kilmer and was based on a story by George Lucas?

(48 hours for answers and buzzcodes in a PM, please)

Twentington

Outta here!
Code: 99

1st: Destroyer
2nd: Curious

[BUZZ]

Destroyer?

Well George Lucas directed Star Wars...and "Starfighters" are from Star Wars... So I'll say The Last Starfighter.

You'd think that'd be a logical deduction, but it's wrong. It was Willow.

Curious, more luck for you, you have ANOTHER $100 and control of the card. I know what's coming... keep the ace or pass?