• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game characters you would of liked to see adapted in the anime?

Sham

The Guardian of War
My list is
Hugh
Rosa
Cheren (BW Cheren)
Zinia
And Hau earlier than he came.

Jeal

Blue - the female player in FRLG. I would to like to see her with Ash and Gary.
Hilbert - BW were my favorite games, so that's it. I would have loved a BW anime completely based in the games.
Silver - what rivals are supposed to be. There is Paul, though.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Leaf, Hilda and the game version of N.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Playable male characters: Ash is only supposed to be based on red, & looks NOTHING like the other male playable characters besides OG red.

Hilda & Rosa & leaf & moon: be nice to these playable girl characters that the anime never touched on.

Daisy oak: blue/green (oak) had a sister. Too bad the anime never touched up on her for gary...

Silver & Hugh: these two where my favorite rivals, & am pretty sad the anime never brought them in (no, Paul is NO silver in my eyes).

Youngster Joey
I think all the playable characters should be adapted in the main anime. If they can't be main cast members/rivals, at least make them league rivals instead of introducing anime-exclusive characters just to battle Ash at the league.
Rivals and E4 members deserve to appear, too. It should be mandatory to adapt all the important characters from the games IMHO.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Rosa, Moon, Crystal,etc. All the game female protagonists that didn't appear in the anime. Didn't care as much about the male ones because Ash mostly took their roles.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
• Leaf should’ve joined in Johto or been a rival to Ash. Not sure what she could’ve done as an MC, but it would’ve been a nice change of pace to have another girl on the cast early on.
• The superior game N
• Lisia
• Hilda should’ve been the BW companion; Musicals were decently distinct from Contests in-game, so I don’t see what the issue was there. We could’ve had the best protagonist design animated, but no...
• Cheren & Bianca but actually done right by their game versions.
• Hugh could’ve been such a fun rival, as well as been a challenging one for Ash, which he was in desperate need of in BW.
• Silver is my favorite game rival, so I wish he showed up in the anime. I love Paul, but their similarities are really only surface deep, so they were never the same character.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
All the female protagonists. I would even dig a spin off Episode/arc with May, Dawn and/or Serena meeting them. Come to mind now Serena never met other female protagonists.

Brendan and Lucas as well. Great designs. Not sure why the anime avoids the male pcs in general.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I think seeing Calem and Serena's characters from the games being properly adapted and expanded upon into the anime would be a fun one, especially Serena which is pretty much just Pokemon Adventures take on Serena, Y, but without the Sky Trainer Goal. Forget blushful Serena. We need smug Serena!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think seeing Calem and Serena's characters from the games being properly adapted and expanded upon into the anime would be a fun one, especially Serena which is pretty much just Pokemon Adventures take on Serena, Y, but without the Sky Trainer Goal. Forget blushful Serena. We need smug Serena!
I second this anime Serena would have been better if she was a tsundere

shoz999

I second this anime Serena would have been better if she was a tsundere
Actually Adventures Serena which I think is pretty much just game Serena expanded upon, not counting the Sky Trainer stuff, really isn't a Tsundere. She's kind of like... a smug teasing responsible Hermione of Harry Potter if that makes any sense? Is there a term for this type of character? She's not a Tsundere, in fact she's the one that makes the male protagonist blush lol, not the other way around and she does it with a smug look. Actually that's pretty much sums up Serena's character in-general except the anime. She's Hermione!

Last edited:

Emelie

Bookworm
You mean in a new anime or the already existing one? Because it's probably too late for that unless this new anime season featuring all regions will do something with the characters that got left out.

But that also means less screentime for new Galar characters and potential cameos from already existing characters.

It would also be awkward to have more than one version of the same character unless it's some kind of multiverse thing. But then again it could be kind of fun to see them interact with each other. Imagine polar opposites like Haruka and Sapphire interacting. :p

Or the evil version of Lance interacting with the anime version of Lance who actually helps Satoshi fight the bad guys sometimes. :eek:

Jeal

You mean in a new anime or the already existing one? Because it's probably too late for that unless this new anime season featuring all regions will do something with the characters that got left out.

But that also means less screentime for new Galar characters and potential cameos from already existing characters.

It would also be awkward to have more than one version of the same character unless it's some kind of multiverse thing. But then again it could be kind of fun to see them interact with each other. Imagine polar opposites like Haruka and Sapphire interacting. :p

Or the evil version of Lance interacting with the anime version of Lance who actually helps Satoshi fight the bad guys sometimes. :eek:
What evil Lance? This is a manga thing. He never was a bad guy in the games.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Literally any Elite 4 member that hasn't been shown in the anime yet. Seriously, I thought every single member of the Elite 4 showing up for Sinnoh was cool, but it's sad that the other elite 4 members don't get that luxury.

game3524

Serena as a smug know-it-all would have actually been fun to watch (especially if she can back it up by being a competent trainer and by being a rival).

shoz999

Red, Green & Blue? Aren't at least two of them in the anime already?

Ash_and_Gary.png
True but doesn't mean I can't ask for them to be adapted again since this thread does concern the Pokemon world of the video games. Why else would I mention Serena again? Because her game counterpart is almost completely different from her anime counterpart.

200px-Diamond_Pearl_Cyrus.png

There is one more character I have in mind that I want to see adapted properly. Cyrus but it doesn't have to follow the games. The anime can do whatever it wants with Cyrus, it's own original spin on the character but the anime crew adapting the character actually has to understand the character, actually understand why fans love the character so much and I feel it's in this big area that why most Pokemon fans don't like the anime's take on Cyrus. He's not that personal type of nihilistic mad villain who manages to explain his philosophy like in the games. He's just a generic power-hungry guy who wants to rule a universe in the anime. The few fans who do defend Cyrus saying that he is the philosophical nihilist from the games, they only say that because they drew conclusions from the games not the anime which doesn't mention any of that. At least from the dub anyway, maybe it's different in the Japanese version.

However the biggest reason why I want to see a better original take on Cyrus from the anime is because have you notice that Cyrus's fate is often very uniquely different in the games, Adventures manga and Generations that they explore a different aspect of his character, each version making you question what you thought you knew about Cyrus as a character? The anime never did that because they never really showed his fate after he disappeared in the hole, easily the weakest end to Cyrus. I want to see an original but better anime take on Cyrus, whose unique fate explores a different aspect of his character that we never really thought about before, making us question all the other portrayals of Cyrus including the games.