1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Game characters you would of liked to see adapted in the anime?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Sep 9, 2019.

1. k6666

k6666 Pikachu Fan

leaf , silver , wally , lucas , hugh , nate , rosa

Firefo×Fennekin likes this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Speaking of Green (Blue in Japan), the female protagonist of Kanto, if they do her take, what direction you think they'll go? The sassy playful tease leaning more towards Adventures, the quirky playful tease leaning more towards Let's Go/FRLG or would they scratch that and do their own original take like how they did to Serena?

3. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I don’t think the story or her relationship with other characters would work if she was made into a Serena redux. Blue’s entire personality revolves around her spunky nature, so they’d be essentially creating a new character only relating to her in looks and background.

maartjeverhoef and shoz999 like this.
  4. Emelie

Emelie Bookworm

I know I was just trying to imagine what would happen if two characters with the same design but opposite personalities/morality would interact? Lance was just the first one that came to mind.

But I guess you're right the thread is about game characters after all. Mabye a better example would be Mr. Fuji since he is much more light-hearted than his anime counterpart. He is the rare exception when the anime counterpart is darker than the source material.

Togekiis likes this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

Higana deserved to appear in the second or third Mega Evolution specials. She was an integral part of the OR/AS post-game and it's still shocking to me that she never appeared in the anime given how popular she seemed to be among the fandom back in the OR/AS days.

6. shoz999

Having fem protag Blue on board would be a nice refreshing change of character. After thinking about it for a while, I finally realized what to sum up Blue's character from all her major appearances! In the anime, you pretty much either have your tsundere female characters or your girlish female characters right but Blue doesn't quite fit either side right?

Remember Blue's Ninetails from Let's Go? Why did GameFreak decided that Pokemon for her? Because when they looked at the manga's take on the character for some ideas on what to do with their take on the character, they realize she's basically the closest thing the Pokemon series has to a "Kitsune"-archetype character. Blue's character is basically a Kitsune but without the fox ears! Now the playfully cute teasing aspects combined with her deceptively cruel Pokemon from Let's Go starts to make more sense doesn't it lol?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Shadow Triad
    Dulse and Zossie
    Emma
    AZ
    Lisia
    Archer
    Hugh
    Wally - He'll always be MILES better than Sawyer
    Hilbert
    Grimsley
    The rest of the Sinnoh BF

Togekiis likes this.
  8. shoz999

How could you not mention Soliera and Phyco's mustache!?

9. Sham

Sham You can still do the right thing

Are y’all forgetting the last character we got like that? Funny how it would of been cute ok Serena but annoying on Iris.

mysticalglacia and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  10. shoz999

You need to read the Pokemon Adventures manga when you have the time. Smug looks are a common and beloved signature expression of Yamamoto's artwork that it is a great injustice to not see it in all the other Pokemon mediums lol. Their freaking awesome you can make a collage of it, actually maybe I should try that sometime... You know what Serena's smug look from the manga reminds me of? Fiora's smug look from the recent Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition trailer! Anyways, one character, Iris of the anime being that example, is not enough to prove that smug looks are a bad thing. If I recall I believe Misty and Dawn had there share of smug looks and those two are beloved characters.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  11. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Actually i wouldn't like blue if she is going to be a 100% copy and paste the manga versions or let go pikachu and eevee take on the character .....meaning i would like to see a new take on characters

12. shoz999

If you want originality, then that's a bad idea since you essentially want to trade a Kitsune style of character, a fun refreshing new concept for the anime's cast of female characters, for essentially another copy and paste tsundere and girly character. As one person stated, fans don't want a strong independent female character like Blue to be another Serena.

13. Redstar45

...i didn't say anything like that and i just wanted her be different from the Pokemon special manga and game now And no i don't wanting another Serana @shoz999

14. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I find that weird too and I liked Iris a lot. But I think the problem with her writing was that they harped on the know-it-all part a little too much, especially in a series where Ash was written like a total dumbass. It would’ve been better if he was competent and had the skills to prove her wrong, but he didn’t really. Having the girl be smug and a smart aleck- kind of like OS Ash- would be a lot of fun, but making that her entire personality could get annoying.

Emelie, game3524, Sham and 1 other person like this.
  15. Redstar45

Do you wanted another female character get bash for diss on Satoshi.....? No thank you as we had iris and kasumi
    For that * Annoying pokégirls*.

I was wondering if we could definitely add all-new personality to all non-anime PokéGirls ? (Without do the copy and paste the same old personality from the Anime ones)

16. shoz999

Dude. Stop.

17. Redstar45

I just edited that out now ! And you didn't really bothered to answers my question though nice .

@shoz999 please use my edits for your quote

18. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

Well, I actually like Iris....so.

The issue was really down to how Ash was written. OS Misty was even more brutal to Ash then Iris. But Ash would hit back at her, so the banter wasn't completely one-sided. That wasn't the case with Iris, who would just criticize Ash. But Ash never really responded, so it became repetitive.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  19. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

All the male protagonists
    Sure Ash took away their clothing but that's not the valid reason for them to not appear

Other female protagonists like Leaf, Hilda, Rosa and Selene

For other characters, I'll say Wally and Silver

Togekiis, maartjeverhoef and shoz999 like this.
  20. shoz999

Would be pretty tough trying to make each male protagonist unique since they are all basically modeled after Red's shonen personality. They could try to do what the manga did and go in all sorts of directions but I doubt it. For something like that, they'd have to take their time developing each one to refine and expand them in a slightly different direction kind of like how Dawn & Serena just feel like a more expansive and refined version of May but are not quite the same character.