• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Game characters you would of liked to see adapted in the anime?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Because of who else but ASH.
As he took over their role especially on their clothing. He is the selling product of the anime along with Pikachu so the producers decided not to let him go

I'm wondering, if Leaf meant to appear in the anime then she can easily took over Serena's role as Ash's (and Gary's) childhood friend and has a crush on him.
Ugh... hearing the idea of fem protag Green taking over Serena's role just feels wrong because Green is nothing like Serena. Are you just saying that because you think the Pokemon Company will predictably do this to Green's character or that you genuinely like the idea, if so explain because I really can't see the appeal of that.

Actually for me personally, it's honestly hard to imagine Green as a Contest/Fashion/Sidekick girl like Misty, Dawn or Serena at all. I think the main reason why I think this is that it would be wrong to go that route since Green is part of a determined trio of Pokemon trainers aiming to become Pokemon Champion, the others being Red & Blue. So it'd be odd to see Ash and Gary take on the Pokemon League but then Green is introduced later with her own original anime name but isn't portrayed taking on the league or isn't mentioned taking any leagues previously. So even though it's unlikely for the anime to stop copy and pasting characters, I still think it just makes so much sense to have her as one of Ash's rivals.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How could you not mention Soliera and Phyco's mustache!?

Because Dulse and Zossie are way better.
I do like Soliera, but Dulse and Zossie would be better fits for the ones that Ash encountered.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
Actually i wouldn't like blue if she is going to be a 100% copy and paste the manga versions or let go pikachu and eevee take on the character .....meaning i would like to see a new take on characters

I agree that if she were to appear, I'd want her to act like an original character instead of like her manga counterpart. Not that I disliked how she was portrayed in the manga, it's just that I don't see that personality type working out in the main anime.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Would be pretty tough trying to make each male protagonist unique since they are all basically modeled after Red's shonen personality. They could try to do what the manga did and go in all sorts of directions but I doubt it. For something like that, they'd have to take their time developing each one to refine and expand them in a slightly different direction kind of like how Dawn & Serena just feel like a more expansive and refined version of May but are not quite the same character.

They aren't modeled after anything. They (in-game) are essentially blank slates so that you (the player) can project yourself onto them, which means that the anime team could easily give each of them a totally different personality if they introduced them in-anime.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
They aren't modeled after anything. They (in-game) are essentially blank slates so that you (the player) can project yourself onto them, which means that the anime team could easily give each of them a totally different personality if they introduced them in-anime.
They are only blank slates when the player chooses that character over the other. When they aren't blank slates and are NPCs that interact with the world around them, they are essentially just shonen Red or any other silent shonen protagonist from the 90s.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
They are only blank slates when the player chooses that character over the other. When they aren't blank slates and are NPCs that interact with the world around them, they are essentially just shonen Red or any other silent shonen protagonist from the 90s.
We don't know what they would be until they appear in the anime.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Loved them from the Pokemon Adventures manga but a major reason why I loved the Sinnoh Frontier Brains is that the manga actually committed to the idea of gimmicky Battle Facilities that could drastically alter the battles. In the anime, they reduced the Hoenn Frontier Brains to a bunch of Gym Leaders with very few gimmicks involved. If I was in charge of the anime, I would actually want the Battle Frontier to take a larger role than in name only.
Then have them play a role in Galaxy Gang and have it done better then special manga.?

Redstar45

I have no idea what you said.
I meant to say that bf could definitely play a role in battle against the Galaxy Gang arc

Redstar45

I agree that if she were to appear, I'd want her to act like an original character instead of like her manga counterpart. Not that I disliked how she was portrayed in the manga, it's just that I don't see that personality type working out in the main anime.
I mean ....how do blue if she is going to be have her Pokesup counterpart's personality fit in the Pokemon anime show then ? and she is probably is going to be Satoshi 's age (10-12)